Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2014, 05:23:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334702 Posts in 13707 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  FF7 downloadable on PSN TODAY!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: FF7 downloadable on PSN TODAY!  (Read 14477 times)
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2009, 10:18:13 AM »

I'd probably get it. I haven't even played this game yet.

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

Marshmallow

OH NO OH NO OH NO

AuroMarshmallow
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2009, 11:21:00 PM »

Once the PSP Go drops, I'd like a downloadable version of War of the Lions, but even then I'm pretty happy with my UMD version.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2009, 11:23:43 PM »

Once the PSP Go drops, I'd like a downloadable version of War of the Lions, but even then I'm pretty happy with my UMD version.

This is the other reason I said it was the emulation: People running War of the Lions off a stick still had slow down. It's not the UMD's fault, it's the poor port job.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2009, 11:24:59 PM »

I'm willing to sit through that slow down in order to experience a much better translation and those beautiful new cutscenes though.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2009, 11:27:18 PM »

Yeah, that's the thing. Cutscenes aren't a huge deal, I'd rather just Youtube them or see if anyone's ripped them and just play them on the PSP than slog through a significantly slowed game JUST to see those, but the translation isn't as easily addressed. Maybe if the original had a competent one, but it didn't so I'd rather just keep playing the PSP port.
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: June 18, 2009, 02:10:04 AM »

Since we're on the trail of PSN games too

Wild ARMs 2 is also coming out for the PS3/PSP.
http://www.esrb.org/ratings/search.jsp

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

Robert Boyd

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2009, 02:25:53 PM »

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3174911

FF7 sold over 100k in the first 3 weeks in NA.  That's over a million dollars and the vast majority of that should be profit.  Hopefully this bodes well towards getting other Square-Enix RPGs and RPGs in general on the PS1.

ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2009, 04:01:13 AM »

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3174911

FF7 sold over 100k in the first 3 weeks in NA.  That's over a million dollars and the vast majority of that should be profit.  Hopefully this bodes well towards getting other Square-Enix RPGs and RPGs in general on the PS1.

Barely surprising. With all the fanboys, expensive eBay prices and people killing to play this game anyway, how the hell could it not sell this quickly?

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
ChevalierEagle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2009, 04:00:06 PM »

Since we're on the trail of PSN games too

Wild ARMs 2 is also coming out for the PS3/PSP.
http://www.esrb.org/ratings/search.jsp

Which translation are we getting now?
Anain

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2009, 07:01:50 PM »

So far all the PSone releases have been ports of the original games so my assumption would be the original translation.
Dios GX
Banninated

dios@hidoshi.com GSaviourPrime
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2009, 11:34:45 AM »

Enjoy your ugly polygonal mess!

It's so nostalgic though!

Well, certainly, but...  Come on, Cloud looks like Popeye.  >_>

And Terra in Final Fantasy VI looks like a stripper with a giant glob of snot for hair. Also, in Star Tropics on the NES, your character looks like he's perpetually at 150 internal core temperature. He's solid sky blue and red brown at all times.

Also, Link in the original Zelda looks like a green block with a Terra Cotta army knight's squinty-ass narrow fucked up face, oversized stomach and torso, with a shield coming out of his knee and shin.

I don't get the graphical insult thing one bit, honestly. Look back at Atari. You used to control stick figures and shoot blocks for bullets. Nobody complained then. I like immersing myself in something and seeing it my way, the same as anyone who's ever read a book can attest to. Graphics don't always have to show you minuet details down to the core. They can just be there to help you view it your way, and with FF7's wonderfully imaginative settings and themes, I have no problem doing exactly that. Graphics be damned, the concept and world as a whole is quite vivid to me, and utterly fantastic to forget the world, and sink your teeth into one of the most enjoyable Final Fantasy games ever made.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: