Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2014, 04:26:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338068 Posts in 13842 Topics by 2214 Members
Latest Member: CoreSignal
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  The Greatest Enemy of the RPG Genre counter argument
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: The Greatest Enemy of the RPG Genre counter argument  (Read 12448 times)
cosapi
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« on: May 08, 2009, 07:35:32 PM »

So the fans are responsible for the mistakes made by developers and publishers? That's a new one.

TL:DR? just click the last image.

The guy has a point? I think the point is, how does rubbish like this manage to be published on the frontpage?

This was done years ago and it was done better before. And even then it was still incorrect.

http://www.rpgamer.com/editor/2000/q2/051600ns.html

old link is old

Anyways.

The person who wrote this recent garbage on rpgfan (Ashton aka the QDF) assumes the only "logical" reason anyone could possibly -EVER- find a game like FF7 distasteful is because they were a fan of games before FF7 was released such as FF6.

Oh hu hu hu, has it ever occured to you that maybe just maybe there are people out there, who enjoyed games before FF7 like FF4 or FF6 and then when FF7 came out, they enjoyed that as well?

BUT

As time progressed, they came to realize the implications FF7 had and how it left a distasteful image and result on the industry and how it influenced things? It's completely possible to be able to comprehend this without actually hating the game (ff7).

Oh my god I'm sorry if I just ripped apart the very fabric of your entire well being and your comprehension methods let alone whatever was left of your argument. Which you so desperately had been holding on to with whatever remained of your mortal coil.

Ashton Liu, the QDF.

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/4825/ashton.png

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/9371/pasux2l.png

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/4773/pasux.png

It was about 2004 when I came up with the term QDF. It stands for "Quality Deprived Fagget". Spelled "Fagget" on purpose to strike a nerve with people who bind themselves to the constraints of "proper grammar", regardless of the fact they had no say in determining how or what should dictate exactly what the english language is supposed to be about.

What does QDF represent? It means you play shitty games.

When Famitsu the "popular" japanese magazine listed their readers top 100 games of all time FFX was listed as number 1. Japanese "gamers" are quality deprived.

How to spot a QDF?

You own a psp. You own a ps3, xbox 360, wii, xbox. You buy penny arcade merchandise. You like penny arcade. You consider yourself a "gamer". You play mmorpgs. You like penny arcade. You go to sites like neogaf, penny arcade, gamefaqs, games are fun

These are just some examples of spotting QDF in it's natural habitat.

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/5858/qdf2.png

Here's the point of all this.

Ashton constructed a shitty article which wussied it's way to the front page of rpgfan, not surprising due to the quality of this site. And his entire argument is based on the poorly made complaints by people who honest to god really do not know how to complain. Both sides, "Ashton the QDF" and the people who complained about ff7 are very poor at arguing. This is coming from someone who's a professional internet haet machine and has been raging since the old days, practically coined the term "vidya". Raged against the mmorpgs. And made the first pigbald penny arcade strip which started it all. And practically influenced the new wave of vidya haet across the internet during the past years.

The entire basis of Ashtons argument is, to put it bluntly, he simply adapted his argument to circumstances would be necessary to support his position. Hence he was using examples of people who liked ff6 but hated ff7 in order to write his shitty article in order to try and prove his point. When in actuality he didn't really consider other points of view and decided to pigeon hole himself into his delusional argument.

Anyone can do this and it's very easy to spot and it's a very poor way to construct an argument because it practically has no basis for an argument. It's laughable really.

RPGs were shitty back in the day, RPGs were shitty when ff7 came out, RPGs got shittier AFTER FF7 came out. That's all you need to know.

There were a few good rpgs which held up over the years, but none of them were square ones.

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/3359/47744603.png

All you faggots ever do is have the same shitty argument about the same shit year after year, neither side moves an inch because neither side is ever defeated.

If anything, the ps2 generation is the generation which killed off the majority of existing franchises which were well known before the ps2 generation. That was the fallout of FF7. The ps2 is a shit system and it was only good if you imported. Gaming died when the dreamcast died.

Instead of companies like Camelot, Quest, Quintet we have garbage like NIS, Idea Factory and Gust. Good lord.

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/3239/rpgfan.png

<begins singing>

~Why oh why, do we keep rehashin the same shitty arguments? Hatin the vidya is something I did before it was cool, now I can't even hate the vidya anymore.~
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009, 07:55:45 PM »

Thanks, the forums haven't been all that funny lately.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2009, 08:02:54 PM »

Somebody summarize that, please.

Lord Scottish

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2009, 08:35:45 PM »

1, He doesn't dislike FF7, he just thinks it kilied RPGs.

2. Leyviur's editorial wasn't very good, and neither is this site.

3. Everyone is a f*****.

I think that just about covers it. I didn't bother looking at any of the images though.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2009, 08:48:36 PM »

Wow, never thought I'd piss off the mindless drones this bad.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 08:59:27 PM by Leyviur » Logged

Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2009, 09:13:03 PM »

I haven't laughed this hard in quite some time.

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2009, 09:50:44 PM »

tl;dr

---edit---

Wait, wait. What the fuck? Half of my posts are over 1000 words in length and I'm not in your goddamn little MSPaint comic? What the fuck! I'm not doing that for my own personal sense of well being, you know.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 09:53:09 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2009, 09:56:56 PM »

You know what's really hilarious, the fact that this guy went back and read all my posts here in an attempt to make me look like an idiot (and all he could manage was some psot about Chrono Cross), and then he actually took the time and effort to search out my personal LiveJournal and attack that as well.

I must've given him an aneurysm or something. He's like the people who try to find out where I'm going to school at so they can harass me there, as well.

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2009, 09:58:35 PM »

What about the people that try to find out where you go to school because... because they want to marry you?

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2009, 09:59:33 PM »

Those are a dying breed. :(

Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2009, 10:18:17 PM »

I'm trying to wrap my head on exactly what kind of troll you are. Clearly you're a stalker. But you're also a dumbass because apparently you pulled up a picture of Neal (Dincrest) and determined that he's black. He's from India. Look at his last name.

I love the irony that you can complain about gamers for being quote "quality deprived," when it seems that your brain, your thoughts, and your writing are all so terribly lacking in quality that I literally gagged while reading. What the hell kind of point are you trying to make? You spell shit wrong (apparently intentionally...?) and then bitch about people who apparently have shitty taste in games. Why try to make a statement if you continually nullify your own point? Do you get a hard-on from mocking other people?

I hope you seek clinical help for whatever in God's name is wrong with you. There's no shame in admitting you're an asshat.

Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2009, 10:24:35 PM »

They're so cute when they get like this.  Just let him whine for a bit longer and he'll tire out, and then we can put him to bed.
Wild Armor
Observer
Contributing Editor

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2009, 10:47:47 PM »

M-M-M-Monster Troll.

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2009, 10:48:24 PM »

There are 11 shit words here. Very interesting.

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2009, 10:58:21 PM »

This is  the best birthday present for Buddha ever.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: