Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2014, 09:07:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334705 Posts in 13708 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  The Soundroom
| | |-+  Dream Theater - Black Clouds & Silver Linings
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Print
Author Topic: Dream Theater - Black Clouds & Silver Linings  (Read 22010 times)
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: August 27, 2009, 05:48:17 PM »

The cover album that comes with the special edition is fantastic, I can't get enough of it. James did a fantastic job on Lily of the Valley, he really sounds like Freddie, anyone can tell it's a queen cover even without knowing the original song.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: October 09, 2009, 01:59:23 PM »

I think the cover album is much better than the actual album. The Count of Tuscany is a great song musically, but it's lyrics seriously blow, the album as a whole is quite weak lyrically which ranks this pretty low in the DT album ranking for me.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: October 28, 2009, 02:58:26 PM »

Their live shows just keep getting better. James is at the top of his game, the way he delivered those awake songs was amazing. And they played the fucking dance of eternity! A nightmare to remember and the count of tuscany kicked ass.
Seeing them and opeth on the same night was too good to be true. I finally witnessed Ackefeldt's genius in person and I'll never forget it. They were really tight, this drummer is way more solid than Lopez live.

This also proved to me that Mike really keeps track of the songs they play in each city. This was the third time I saw them (all of them consecutive shows in the same city) I only saw one song twice. One song in 3 shows! They could just play the same stuff every night like everyone else but they rehearse twice the amount of songs they need to build a set so they can adjust the set in each city and avoid repeating songs from previous shows as much as possible. It's because of things like this that there's nobody like Mike in the music scene, this kind of dedication to the fans is just fantastic.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: October 29, 2009, 09:42:58 AM »

I haven't been to a concert in years...having a gf that has no interest in your music makes it tough :p

I was at the Radio City Score concert...awesome evening, what I remember of it lol.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: October 29, 2009, 02:24:19 PM »

I haven't been to a concert in years...having a gf that has no interest in your music makes it tough :p

I was at the Radio City Score concert...awesome evening, what I remember of it lol.

Wow, I would have loved to see that one. Once in a lifetime event, you're lucky.

My wife hates metal too but that doesn't stop me from going to concerts. I just go with someone else or alone, I don't force her to come with me neither does she force me to stay at home. That's the way it should work man, neither of you has to give up on stuff, that's not healthy.

Anime & RPGl and

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: December 10, 2009, 09:37:47 AM »

I finally got a chance to listen to this album. Now, I've been a DT fan since 1991...way back. And I feel there strongest and best work was during the Images and Words album and Change of Seasons. Since then I think there has been a slight decline with Systematic Chaos being a disaster. BC&SL is a bit better...Count of Tuscany is a gem of a track and I actually like Wither. However, they now appear to be a metal band only...way back in the early days they were progressive with some metal. The early albums were magical were not filled with countless shredding guitars and awful shouting and chanting...what happened to them. Guess, I'll be sticking to the early albums until they return to that form...which they might not ever. This is the new direction for the band I'm afraid. They now sound like everyone else.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: