Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2014, 05:55:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319009 Posts in 13030 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Lunar: Harmony of Silver Star
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14 Print
Author Topic: Lunar: Harmony of Silver Star  (Read 32135 times)
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: June 07, 2009, 01:41:04 AM »

That's a frightening idea, I hope you're wrong about it.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: June 07, 2009, 08:59:26 AM »

It just dawned on me that the entire reason they're remaking this game is so that they can have an excuse to replace all the old pop culture jokes with more current pop culture jokes.

Well, since the Japanese script didn't have that, I think it's safe to say that has nothing to do with why they're remaking it.

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Spoony Mage
I aim to misbehave.

I also aim to please and shoot to kill.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: June 09, 2009, 07:55:20 PM »

With XSEED at the helm, they have the option of using their own translators to go for a "dynamic" translation (akin to WD's work) or a "static" translation (akin to Ubi's work). Which would you, as a gamer, prefer most?
I really, REALLY dislike literally translated projects of any kind.  They're boring as hell and really do not reflect very well on why said project should be enjoyed.  You can have a well-translated product and still have the writing be interesting enough to keep the audiences' attention.  Plenty of companies that aren't WD have already proven that. 

I've loved XSeed's work on Wild Arms 4, 5 and XF, so I have faith they'll give us quality and fun work on Lunar.

Support Silent Protagonists!
At least SOMEONE knows when to shut up!
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: June 09, 2009, 09:29:43 PM »

So judging from the interview on the news page, is it safe to assume that Victor Ireland has no association with the new Lunar release?

I don't think that's a safe assumption, but I am not sure one way or the other.

Though, I am interested in knowing everyone's opinion in terms of the Lunar PSP localization. Given the choices of:

1) retranslated Lunar PSP (since it is a new script) that retains much of the "feel" of Working Designs Lunar, including character names, NPCs with that distinct brand of personality, etc

I'd choose this one. Honestly, without WD's translation I don't think Lunar would have been all that charming for me. But granted, my opinion is biased since I have yet to play a non-WD translation of the game.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 09:33:06 PM by (Tunnels) » Logged
N-Sef
Dinner! Dinner! Dinner!

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: June 14, 2009, 02:54:37 AM »

I was always looking to get into the Lunar series, this is kinda my chance to see what all the fuss is about. I've been told to stay away from the DS one, is it really that bad?
Marshmallow

OH NO OH NO OH NO

AuroMarshmallow
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: June 14, 2009, 08:29:11 AM »

Lunar: Dragon Song is probably fine if you don't mind a terrible battle system that prevents you from choosing targets and forces you to choose between gaining XP and money. Personally, I'd rather play a bajillion more Lunar: TSS remakes than deal with another Lunar: DS.

Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: June 14, 2009, 01:24:32 PM »

Lunar: Dragon Song is probably fine if you don't mind a terrible battle system that prevents you from choosing targets and forces you to choose between gaining XP and money. Personally, I'd rather play a bajillion more Lunar: TSS remakes than deal with another Lunar: DS.

This is FACT, not opinion. Take it in, kids.

Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: June 14, 2009, 02:19:54 PM »

Don't forget losing health from just walking! That was the dumbest freakin thing I have ever seen.

Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: June 14, 2009, 02:37:10 PM »

Don't forget losing health from just walking! That was the dumbest freakin thing I have ever seen.

GET IT RIGHT! You only lose health from running! If you're willing to waste your time moving more slowly, your health will stay at max. Hurray!

(what an awful awful game)

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 14, 2009, 03:10:52 PM »

I saw a bit of the early game writing, and that was pretty atrocious too. Rather than show us a scene that demonstrates the main character's behavior, it's instead described to us. TWICE. First by the prologue and then by the character himself. I'm convinced that's all I had to see on the game.
Lucca
AMG A GIRL

SUGAR PEAS!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: June 14, 2009, 06:03:16 PM »

Don't get me started on how items break. Imagine being in an area with no shops for a good 3-4 hours and half your equipment breaks randomly, with no ability to fix it.

And the ending...GOD. It's like the developers took a massive final dump on you after collectively pooping on you for the 20 hours it takes you to beat this game.

Why I stuck with it to the end, I don't know. It's like they took everything that was wrong with RPGS and said, "HERE YOU GO! :D"

The only good thing about the game is the music, and even that is just passable.

Avoid this game. Just...ugh. Everyone is right.

I don't care what style Xseed translates (in other words, serious or WD-esque). As long as it's not the quality of Lunar:DS or uses lines like, "Althena's bod" like in Lunar Legend, then I am happy.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 06:04:51 PM by Lucca » Logged

macirex

mac_luzer@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: January 19, 2010, 09:32:38 PM »

Just saw the news: http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2010/20.html

My old love for the lunar series have rekindle again... This time around Im gonna be sure to buy a lot of soaps! and find all those elusive bromides.

WAHAHAHA!! <--- going into delusion all over again

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
Saviour

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: January 19, 2010, 10:09:00 PM »

I finished Lunar 2 and the only experience I've had with the first was Lunar Legend for the GBA. I downloaded the demo and from the little I've played, it's quite good and I love the 2D sprites.  I'm just hoping the full game gets released on PSN since I own the PSP go.

Finished RPG Count: 90
Spoony Mage
I aim to misbehave.

I also aim to please and shoot to kill.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: January 19, 2010, 10:41:28 PM »

Playing the demo right now.  It's like a trip down a refurbished memory lane.  Sure, a few things have changed and been updated, but it hasn't lost that warm feeling I had when playing it growing up.  Then again, it's only at the beginning of the game and Silver Star is known for having a lot of warmth in the beginning (despite the first dungeon being an ice cave.  Figure that one out).

So glad I preordered the Limited edition.

Support Silent Protagonists!
At least SOMEONE knows when to shut up!
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: January 19, 2010, 11:51:59 PM »

What's in the limited edition?

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: