Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 30, 2014, 04:10:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329966 Posts in 13522 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Lunar: Harmony of Silver Star
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14 Print
Author Topic: Lunar: Harmony of Silver Star  (Read 33110 times)
macirex

mac_luzer@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: January 20, 2010, 12:32:32 AM »

What's in the limited edition?

A soundtrack CD and a set of 13 exclusive "bromide" collector cards highlighting the girls of Lunar.

I like more the Working Design deluxe edition of the game.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: January 20, 2010, 10:52:47 AM »

I don't think we're quite up to that level of packaging for handheld games just yet.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Spoony Mage
I aim to misbehave.

I also aim to please and shoot to kill.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: January 20, 2010, 07:03:00 PM »

Atlus might be a contender for that, with their spoilerage and whatnot.

Finished the demo last night, which only takes you through the White Dragon Cave.  Apparently, saving the end data on the Memory card will result in a goodie or two when imported into the retail version if I understood the prompt at the end of the game correctly.

Either way, considering my appetite whetted.

Support Silent Protagonists!
At least SOMEONE knows when to shut up!
Lucca
AMG A GIRL

SUGAR PEAS!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: January 21, 2010, 03:10:45 PM »

Played through the demo yesterday. Took a little over an hour since I was poking at everything.

The graphics really fit the game well. I know a lot of people aren't into the isometric look, but it REALLY fits Lunar. I approve.

So-so on the voices. Alex is okay, Ramus is okay too, Nall is too low pitched, and Luna sounds NOTHING like her singing voice. Of course, I knew I'd have issues with the voices because I'm a jaded little soul, and no one can beat John Truitt or Ashley Angel's high pitched "GHALEON WHAT ARE YOU DOING? Nooooooo!"

One thing that wasn't as pleasing, however, is it's laughably easy. I hope that's just for the demo.

Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: January 21, 2010, 03:16:36 PM »

I actually much prefer the new voices, especially Nall and Luna.  Luna's voice previously grated on me to no end.  I will be missing Truitt, though. 
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: January 21, 2010, 06:24:45 PM »

One thing that wasn't as pleasing, however, is it's laughably easy. I hope that's just for the demo.

Based on some import reviews, I'm going to say that it's all a piece of cake.  Which I don't mind too much since the Sega CD version was a joke for 99% of the game.  It's definitely MUCH easier than the PSX remake though.

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Spoony Mage
I aim to misbehave.

I also aim to please and shoot to kill.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: January 21, 2010, 09:10:53 PM »

I actually much prefer the new voices, especially Nall and Luna.  Luna's voice previously grated on me to no end.  I will be missing Truitt, though. 
Same here.  Truitt is one of my favorites as drippingly evil villains go, but the new guy for Ghaleon isn't bad at all.  Can't wait till he hits Magic Emperor mode.  Nash sounds like he's going to grate on me, but then again the character in general annoyed me so it's a perfect fit for me.  Can't wait to hear Kyle's voice when he's not completely drunk, though.

Support Silent Protagonists!
At least SOMEONE knows when to shut up!
fates

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: January 21, 2010, 09:38:48 PM »

From what I read, the difficulty does go up, but it's still easy thanks to the Art Gauge.

... though I suppose you could just not use them. At least, that's what I'm going to do.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 21, 2010, 09:41:06 PM »

I recall Lunar games have traditionally been pretty easy in their original incarnations, it's just that WD messes with the difficulty for better or worse.
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: January 21, 2010, 11:11:22 PM »

Actually, the Sega CD games are by far the hardest, especially Eternal Blue.

The Cave of Trial in Silver Star Sega CD is a nightmare. It's a cake walk in Silver Star Story.

Eternal Blue, one word: Borgan.

He's a joke in the remake.

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 21, 2010, 11:51:30 PM »

Actually, the Sega CD games are by far the hardest, especially Eternal Blue.

When I said that I meant the original Japanese versions versus WD's localizations. I seem to recall someone playing the import version and noting that, say, Borgan was a cake walk compared to the US version. Then there's the aforementioned remakes, I definitely remember importers (like GhaleonOne) talking about how Eternal Blue on the Saturn was a cake walk, and I definitely know that wasn't the case for the US version.
jj984jj

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: January 22, 2010, 07:51:44 AM »

The only thing I really didn't like about the demo was the loading, it was really annoying how it took so long for me to move again when all the areas between loading are pretty small. It's the only major complaint I have. I'm surprised that they borrowed as much as they did from Lunar Legend for this version, I thought it was basically a remake of Silver Star Story.
Datastorm

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: January 22, 2010, 09:38:14 AM »

Just wait till it starts thrashing away at the disc......

The only thing I really didn't like about the demo was the loading, it was really annoying how it took so long for me to move again when all the areas between loading are pretty small. It's the only major complaint I have. I'm surprised that they borrowed as much as they did from Lunar Legend for this version, I thought it was basically a remake of Silver Star Story.

doh
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: January 22, 2010, 10:34:39 AM »

Not very impressed. Burg is even smaller than before, the voice acting is mediocre at best, and the OP song has no flow at all.

And I swear some of these lines are DIRECTLY from Working Designs' localization. Victor has good reason to be annoyed.

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
Lucca
AMG A GIRL

SUGAR PEAS!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: January 22, 2010, 06:15:35 PM »

Not very impressed. Burg is even smaller than before, the voice acting is mediocre at best, and the OP song has no flow at all.

And I swear some of these lines are DIRECTLY from Working Designs' localization. Victor has good reason to be annoyed.

Maybe, but I've read the Lunar PSP thread on NeoGF, and WOW does Ireland sound insane. He sounds like only HE can do justice to the series and only HE can provide the VERY BEST care and everyone else sucks. It was kind of bizzare.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: