Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 11:55:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319709 Posts in 13046 Topics by 2147 Members
Latest Member: TacoBell_Lord
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Lunar: Harmony of Silver Star
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14 Print
Author Topic: Lunar: Harmony of Silver Star  (Read 32200 times)
macirex

mac_luzer@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: January 22, 2010, 06:51:35 PM »

LOL... I dont like the new english song, Im kind of stuck with Working Design version.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
fates

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: January 22, 2010, 06:56:50 PM »

Just wait till it starts thrashing away at the disc......

What do you mean?

If you're talking about UMD load times, it's only about a second more on UMD. A barely noticeable extra second.

As for the Vic Ireland drama: I've lost any respect I had for him. He's acting like a child, a spoiled child.

Working Designs was a good company, but the man's clearly got an ego issue.

Also couldn't believe his "I invented deluxe boxes" mentality and bitterness at Atlus. Apparently, he forgot that even Apple II games came with bonus items sometimes, and I'm sure he had nothing to do with those.

I'm hoping that this game does really well just to spite him.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 06:58:49 PM by fates » Logged
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: January 22, 2010, 09:55:24 PM »

Not very impressed. Burg is even smaller than before, the voice acting is mediocre at best, and the OP song has no flow at all.

And I swear some of these lines are DIRECTLY from Working Designs' localization. Victor has good reason to be annoyed.

Maybe, but I've read the Lunar PSP thread on NeoGF, and WOW does Ireland sound insane. He sounds like only HE can do justice to the series and only HE can provide the VERY BEST care and everyone else sucks. It was kind of bizzare.

Somebody should go and remind him that he's still got that deal going on between Gaijinworks and Sunsoft (+ Telenet's remains) that he should take care of before worrying about Lunar (and not "take care of" in just the "lets host a sweepstakes for Blaster Master's VC release" way either).

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: January 23, 2010, 12:13:33 AM »

Actually, the Sega CD games are by far the hardest, especially Eternal Blue.

The Cave of Trial in Silver Star Sega CD is a nightmare. It's a cake walk in Silver Star Story.

Eternal Blue, one word: Borgan.

He's a joke in the remake.

The dungeons were more complex, but the fights were generally more difficult because enemies scaled.  Most were a piece of cake, but the last boss in the original remake can give fits, whereas in the original Sega CD version, it's easy to 5 hit the boss. :P  EB's kind of a different story altogether because the scaling isn't that huge of a difference, thanks mostly to the fact it takes 9 million years to grind levels in the Sega CD version.

Maybe, but I've read the Lunar PSP thread on NeoGF, and WOW does Ireland sound insane. He sounds like only HE can do justice to the series and only HE can provide the VERY BEST care and everyone else sucks. It was kind of bizzare.

Sound?  Ireland IS insane.

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
WildArms
With my dying will...!

Come on, become a legend

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: January 23, 2010, 10:06:41 AM »

Well, is my first time playing a lunar, and i liked the song o.o, and i think i know some voices, maybe the main character's is the same as the one that made the MC in WA5... but i still have to hear more from him.

The only thing that annoys me is that the rat that is in your shoulder answers almost everything for you! and you are not a silent main char! IS WEIRD

I will beat you with my evil strategy of my evil 1.8 million IQ

add me to psn! the more the merrier!
Dizzy

死ぬがよい

awe.of.she.1@gmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: January 23, 2010, 10:27:49 AM »

Sound?  Ireland IS insane.

LuNAHR!

(Just had to steal that from Shiguma.)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 10:30:19 AM by Dizzy » Logged

Datastorm

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: January 23, 2010, 11:09:40 AM »

Oh okay, sorry, I didn't know you played the full disc version.....

Just wait till it starts thrashing away at the disc......

What do you mean?

If you're talking about UMD load times, it's only about a second more on UMD. A barely noticeable extra second.

As for the Vic Ireland drama: I've lost any respect I had for him. He's acting like a child, a spoiled child.

Working Designs was a good company, but the man's clearly got an ego issue.

Also couldn't believe his "I invented deluxe boxes" mentality and bitterness at Atlus. Apparently, he forgot that even Apple II games came with bonus items sometimes, and I'm sure he had nothing to do with those.

I'm hoping that this game does really well just to spite him.

doh
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: January 23, 2010, 11:58:46 AM »

i think i know some voices, maybe the main character's is the same as the one that made the MC in WA5... but i still have to hear more from him.

Yuri Lowenthal is ubiquitous and has done like 60% of the hero voices out there, including WA 5.

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
fates

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: January 23, 2010, 03:47:16 PM »

Oh okay, sorry, I didn't know you played the full disc version.....

No need for apology, lol. I just didn't know what you meant by "thrash".
WildArms
With my dying will...!

Come on, become a legend

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: January 23, 2010, 05:25:25 PM »

Hey guys, is it me or the woman that sings the intro, is the same that sings the wild arms 3's intro? if it is not, it surely is close, im always hearing the WA3's intro and thats one great voice

Lucca
AMG A GIRL

SUGAR PEAS!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: January 23, 2010, 08:23:19 PM »

Hey guys, is it me or the woman that sings the intro, is the same that sings the wild arms 3's intro? if it is not, it surely is close, im always hearing the WA3's intro and thats one great voice

It's actually Jenny Stigele (or however you spell her last name). She sung the PS1 version of Lunar's theme song, and is the only WD alum to return in any shape or form.

There's more info on this in the NeoGF thread on Lunar PSP. It's...quite an interesting read!

macirex

mac_luzer@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: January 23, 2010, 08:26:54 PM »

Can you post the link please? Im not quite the forum lurker...
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 09:21:16 PM by macirex » Logged

WildArms
With my dying will...!

Come on, become a legend

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: January 23, 2010, 08:52:46 PM »

can you post the link please? Im not quite the forum lurker...

Yes please :D, i like to appreciate good female's voices when i hear them, she surely have more pieces, i think o.o, time to do some "googleing"

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 23, 2010, 09:08:31 PM »

You could probably just go to Google and type in "site:neogaf.com Lunar" to get the thread (no quotations). Not going to dig for the link myself.
macirex

mac_luzer@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: January 23, 2010, 09:24:21 PM »

Im playing the demo right now... and I HATE NALL VOICE, it sounds like an inmature kid. The music seems different somehow.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: