Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 20, 2014, 06:38:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329274 Posts in 13490 Topics by 2177 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Aion discussion plus Q&A
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Print
Author Topic: Aion discussion plus Q&A  (Read 30919 times)
placeboblack

UrmnafVolte
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2009, 02:09:54 AM »

The character voice test wont play the voices! So i just randomly picked a voice (option 3), and to my horror, I know sound like Bruce-fucking-Lee everytime i perform an action. I just hit level 10, and when you go through the ceremony, you spread your wings and yell your battle cry (I cant take my character serious anymore). I am now ready to delete him because the voice is killing me!
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2009, 04:49:34 AM »

That's fucking hilarious because I did that too. The localized voices aren't in and it's the same problem with the Chinese client. Just watch Enter the Dragon a few times and when you remember what a badass Bruce Lee was it's no so bad. Lol.

Looks like I can't hop on the beta till later this morning. Work sucks. Probably make my toon on Asmo side this morning and play Sun-Mon.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2009, 04:59:43 AM »

Oh what side are you on Placebo? I have an Elyos from the previous beta on Israphel but will be focusing on the Asmo for this test since were supposed to be evaluating the westernized dialogue and quests. Besides the Elyos all run like they've been butt-hurt. What are your impression so far?

Also those of you debating preordering, you can always cancel after the fact if you don't like what you see, and preordering online doesn't cost you a cent before it ships, and those can be cancelled also. Anyway I highly recommend you check it out, at least for something new in this dry spell.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2009, 09:11:18 AM »

ok I made a scout on Siel server (since thats where I have my Elyos from last event), name of Belatrix.
placeboblack

UrmnafVolte
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2009, 10:34:56 AM »

I was an asmodaon (damn it with those hard to spell race names), im gonna make a new one, so ill join your server!

Oh yeah, character name is, Urmnaf
« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 02:58:11 PM by placeboblack » Logged
Cesta

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2009, 12:23:52 PM »

I'll be in and out today on the Siel Server. Hopefully I will not be bothered too much so I can test this game out in peace. Characters name will be Monroe.
ShiningHero

Lawlerabs

lightbreakerec@hotmail.com Blazeddc
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2009, 01:32:16 PM »

Im sorry shining, but that is the most hilarious looking character ive ever seen.  That is just hilarious.  Kudos man.

God I wanna try this haha..maybe ill put down the money and pre order it..but ill be pissed if I dont like it..GAH DECISIONS!

Pretty bad ass, right? lulz ;o Dinged four last night doing random fetch quests. I may play some more tonight depending on when I get home. D;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7oQvga7R7A <----A short video of my adventures. (4:37 in :^O)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 01:35:43 PM by ShiningHero » Logged

Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2009, 12:25:27 AM »

Ok looks like official release date is up. Sept 22nd for NA Sept 25th for EU. Meanwhile if anyone is playing on the chinese servers, they will be updating to 1.2 soon yay!

If anyone is interested in some of the music, check out this page. has an AMAZING a capella version of the main theme.

http://act.aion.sdo.com/project/ver12/guide/p6.asp
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 12:27:36 AM by Tenchi-no-Ryu » Logged
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2009, 12:49:06 AM »

Im sorry shining, but that is the most hilarious looking character ive ever seen.  That is just hilarious.  Kudos man.

God I wanna try this haha..maybe ill put down the money and pre order it..but ill be pissed if I dont like it..GAH DECISIONS!

Pretty bad ass, right? lulz ;o Dinged four last night doing random fetch quests. I may play some more tonight depending on when I get home. D;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7oQvga7R7A <----A short video of my adventures. (4:37 in :^O)

Apparently even famous people are getting into Aion and posting their adventures online - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-2BzE4fqsU

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2009, 01:11:28 AM »

Fileplanet is giving away some beta keys for closed beta 3 event coming up on July 2nd. The giveaway starts on Monday 6/29, so check it out if you haven't preordered yet.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2009, 10:05:39 AM »

Per request, here are some screenshots of my character currently as well as some other shots in-game.

This armor is actually kind of plain metallic gray with purple highlights but I added some blue armor dye and was very happy with the results. You can't dye weapons but you can use it on shields, though its more of a highlight.

This is flying toward the Sky Temple floating in the middle of Musfel Volcano.

This is gliding back to Iralsig Village after jumping from path up to rim of said volcano.

This is an island in the Abyss know as... wait for it... "Sword Island"... and yes that's a huge fucking sword.

Here is a rare boss that spawns on the island. He's alot harder than he looks, but he drops some really nice rare weapons and rings.

Here's the island in the Abyss that features a crashed Balaur battleship, if you see these during a seige, run the hell away.

Here is a siege going on in an Elyos fortress. My fellow Asmodians are trying to kill the Guardian of the fortress.

He's a big boy to be sure, and is actually the same form high ranking PVP players can transform into, albeit more player sized than building sized, but still larger than normal.

Speaking of bosses, here's one of the wandering level 40 World King-level bosses that just happened to be taking a stroll outside a level 20 area. Hilarity ensues...

Mini-instanced dungeon location for a storyline mission. Its pretty obvious its set in the Abyss.

Here we have a party-sized King boss damn near the center of the earth in Taran Lava Cavern. The game doesn't have many instances yet, but there are several elite open world dungeons that are MASSIVE undertakings.

This is me and one of the guys I met playing. He's from Singapore, and currently in the largest legion on the server. You can tell by the armor... sick.

placeboblack

UrmnafVolte
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2009, 10:35:28 AM »

Holy shit man, those are some mighty impressive screen caps! That guardian reminds me of White Knight Chronicles. I want to know more about this dye, like where to you pick it up?
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2009, 03:55:46 AM »

The armor dye is bought in the capital cities, so for us it'd be in Pandaemonium. Its in the collection of high end shops along the boulevard that runs infront of the arena. Its about 1K kinah for one item and they are consumed upon use.
placeboblack

UrmnafVolte
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2009, 11:42:06 AM »

I'm glad its not that expensive. So when you use it, does it go into an armor editor or does it all just happen real time? Is there a way to take it off if the result is less than desirable?
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2009, 01:45:20 PM »

It only colors certain parts of the specific peice. Its recolored in real-time, there's no other editor, just right click on the dye bucket and apply to armor peice and your done. Effects may vary depending on the armor in question. I find that the monochrome or bland armors usually show off the colors well, while more vibrantly colored armors seem to recolor the highlights only. Anyway if you dont like the effect, you can purchase dye remover which is applied in the same way. Likewise, you have a skin swap NPC also that you can use to exchange the skin on armors and weapons with skins you might like better or more attached to.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: