Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 23, 2014, 12:22:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327233 Posts in 13399 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Aion discussion plus Q&A
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Print
Author Topic: Aion discussion plus Q&A  (Read 30555 times)
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2009, 11:28:16 PM »

Sounds and looks awesome.  Im definately gonna camp out fileplan...ahh nevermind its subscriber only..lame.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 02:38:18 AM by Serene Prophet » Logged

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2009, 05:42:15 PM »

Here's a little video I think you'll find interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIVFBNysZwU

placeboblack

UrmnafVolte
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2009, 07:46:01 PM »

That song man... I... uhh... hmmm...
ShiningHero

Lawlerabs

lightbreakerec@hotmail.com Blazeddc
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2009, 12:52:14 AM »

Well, they just announced what version the US/EUR release will be. (I mistakenly loaded the game today to find an updated message confirming version 1.5 at launch)

06.30.2009 - Aion Launch Version

One of the most frequent questions the Aion team has heard from players during the beta events is, "What version is the North America and Europe game launching with?" We're happy to announce today that Aion is planned to release with version 1.5, the third major game update, bringing the content as up to date as possible. The Aion team strives to keep the game content consistent between territories, and releasing with this game version brings us one step closer to this goal.

Stay tuned to the official web site for more details about version 1.5 and the release of Aion!

Content overload at launch. (Y)

Edit: Here is what was added for each update. (Taken from Aionsource)

Version 1.1

Version 1.2

Version 1.5 (formerly thought to be 1.3) (General Notes)

Version 1.5 (formerly thought to be 1.3)(Stigmas)

Version 1.5 (formerly thought to be 1.3)(Secret Rooms?)

Version 1.5 has not yet been released so information for it is quite scarce.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 03:29:20 AM by ShiningHero » Logged

Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 01, 2009, 04:15:28 AM »

That's awsome news. And no the song in the video is not from the game, its the typical trash techno people like to set gaming videos to.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2009, 04:11:07 PM »

Beta servers are back up. Anyone interested in joining Asmodian legion on Siel, send me at tell on Belatrix.
ShiningHero

Lawlerabs

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2009, 06:42:46 PM »

Beta servers are back up. Anyone interested in joining Asmodian legion on Siel, send me at tell on Belatrix.

I'll join you.  In queue right now, so it may take a little time. I'll update my post with character name when I get through. :o

Okay I'm in.

Character name LightEC
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 06:50:58 PM by ShiningHero » Logged

Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 02, 2009, 09:49:51 PM »

same, just got home, not enough patients at the hospital so they put me on call. Just send me a tell in-game and i'll invite ya.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 15, 2009, 10:55:11 PM »

Since we have another beta event starting this friday, I thought i'd kick it off with some new pictures. Enjoy.

This is just a pretty fly-by of one of the shattered moons that dot the sky. The Great Cataclysm certainly made an astrological mess.

Now I know everyone has seen the huge stone Golem at the end of the promo-video, but did you know its actually an in-game structure? Here is a distant shot of the behemoth laying dormant in the upper layer of the Abyss.

This is a closer fly-by of the inactive Golem.

Right up close to the beast for size comparison. Huge isn't it?

Here is a shot of the Asmodian Fortress Guardian. This is also the form that high ranking PVPers on the Asmo side can transform into, though on a much smaller scale.

This is a much closer shot of the same guardian. The attention to detail is quite amazing, even though I took this shot with graphics settings on medium. I miss my PC :cry:

Here's a side-by-side comparison so you can see just how HUGE these guys are. The Elyos guardian is viewable in one of the earlier pics I posted, just not as close.

Ah the Balaur. Here is an Elite footsoldier who decided to pick the wrong Templar to mess with.

Here I am smacking the same Balaur upside the head with my friend, and favorite cleric, Midori providing support.

Hidden deep within the sun that blazes in the middle of the Abyss lies the Divine Fortress. Here I am flying through the Eye of Ereshuntara (lots of aether rings too) to take a peek at the fortress. You'll have to wait for my next picture installment for more views of this place, and it IS awesome. :jealous:

And at long last, I finally hit 40 and got my new wings!

These things are amazingly huge, but so very pretty, and... twig free.

This is a flyby shot of my templar, with new wings above Beluslan Fortress.

Also, since this is the Abyss/Rifting enabled beta event, you slacker Asmodians better show up for legion invite so we can go pluck some pidgeons this weekend.
ShiningHero

Lawlerabs

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: July 15, 2009, 11:51:10 PM »

Those pictures are breath taking.  So much detail was put towards character design in this game.  I'm going to try my best to stay for most of the upcoming beta, but who knows what may come up and force me to miss a day or two of it. D:

Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 17, 2009, 05:09:42 PM »

This weekends beta event is up, who else needs a legion invite on Asmodian side other than ShiningHero?
placeboblack

UrmnafVolte
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: July 17, 2009, 11:11:26 PM »

Noooo! My gameblocker thingy is imploding! It wont launch the game and it gives me an error in what appears to be sandscript...
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 18, 2009, 03:39:54 AM »

No that's not Sanskrit that's Korean which is unable to display because the language pack isn't loaded in your OS. I had that happen today too. Rebooting the PC and relaunching fixed the problem for me.
placeboblack

UrmnafVolte
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: July 18, 2009, 01:42:13 PM »

I rebooted 4 times and it crashes my computer every time >_<.  I sent an email to the support peoples to see if they know anything about it. As of right now, ive uninstalled everything and am re-installing everything from scratch.
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: July 22, 2009, 04:57:58 PM »

Well I decided to pre order it.  Im in the beta for a certain other game that I cannot speak about and it reminds me very much of another game its very similar to..sadly so.  So I decided since you guys have given it such praise, as has other people ive talked to and read about, I said why the heck not. 

Ill probably play Elyos, unless the next beta weekend doesnt allow it or something.  I prefer the aesthetics.

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: