Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 21, 2014, 05:51:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319307 Posts in 13037 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Aion discussion plus Q&A
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Print
Author Topic: Aion discussion plus Q&A  (Read 29785 times)
placeboblack

UrmnafVolte
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: July 22, 2009, 10:31:10 PM »

Woot! That makes like 4 of us.  (my problem by the way, was caused because of bad compatibility of anti-virus software)
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: July 23, 2009, 01:30:54 AM »

Yeah well I mean I can do asmodean if thats what everyone here decides to be, I dont really care one way or the other honestly haha.

And yeah, I know what you mean placebo.  For like 2-3 days I couldnt figure out why certain games werent working online, giving me troubles, turns out it was a feature of my new firewall that was causing problems with even launching the damn games.  Got rid of that program and things worked perfectly.

Stupid compatibility issues..drive me nuts sometimes.

Shame I have to wait till the weekend after this coming to try it out, but from what you guys have been saying it should be worth it.  A bit bummed gamestop didnt have the collectors edition pre order left, since the goods looked nice.  Ahh well, ya snooze, ya lose.  Plus I am saving 20 bucks so haha.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 01:57:10 AM by Serene Prophet » Logged

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
placeboblack

UrmnafVolte
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: July 23, 2009, 03:59:31 PM »

Did you try to buy it from Ncsoft directly? Thats what i did, im starting to enjoy the life of digital distribution a bit early. (fyi, i was using Avast. Switched to Avira and now have no problems.)
Serene Prophet

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: July 31, 2009, 11:19:37 PM »

Well made my guy on Siel, talked to Tenchi for a bit, played a warrior for a bit.  Have to head to bed because ive got a humane society adoption event at petsmart early in the morning.  I like what ive tried so far though.  Game is beautiful, runs pretty well on fairly high settings with my rig, which is still running a p4 3.0ghz with dual thread, ati radeon 3850 1gb, and 2gb ddr3200 ram.  Got myself a new HD recently, 7200rpm, 4 or 6mb cache, I dunno exactly.  Still, pretty impressed.  Really wanting to try out a spirit master though, so I may make a second char to get to that, since I think Iw anna try that out this weekend, see if it I like it at all.

Anyways Kardoss is my guy right now, see you folks on tomorrow.  Probably name my mage something similar, but youll see me..I like to type alot :p

Oh and if anyone hasnt pre ordered and is still thinking about it, gogamer has it for 39.95 plus shipping at the moment.

Cheers!

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 01, 2009, 07:23:22 AM »

Very cool, i'm actually playing around with SM right now. I really like the fact that your avatars actually upgrade visually as well as statistically. The high end flame and water elementals are sexy as hell.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 11, 2009, 11:26:00 PM »

These are about a week old but I thought i'd share.

Lore of Aion Cinematic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwciMQ3xjbk

Aion Patch 1.5 - Shadows of the Balaur

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVhpWGmehhU&feature=PlayList&p=1E5EBEADD47E6AAC&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=41

1 month 11 days remaining...
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 11:30:33 PM by Tenchi-no-Ryu » Logged
Serene Prophet

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: August 12, 2009, 02:39:19 AM »

Ill make mention that this weekend is the last closed beta testing weekend.  I dunno if that means open beta is next..or what exactly is going to happen.

ShiningHero

Lawlerabs

lightbreakerec@hotmail.com Blazeddc
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: August 12, 2009, 02:50:12 AM »

I'm going to take a wild guess and say early access will be the next time we get to play.

Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 17, 2009, 06:50:49 AM »

Aion closed beta is going to be over in a few hours and the characters deleted. So post your best character shots so they can be remembered!

Here's a couple shots of my assasin...

And here is my Spiritmaster.

.... I love the... um... attention to detail...

Hopefully it wont be too long till the open beta test so more of you guys can try out the game.
Serene Prophet

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: August 17, 2009, 04:13:57 PM »

I really didnt get a chance to try much this weekend.  Basically deleted my mage..made a scout with the same name, had to go volunteer..and was busy the rest of the weekend.

Still Ive played enough that ill probably end up buying it, I cancelled my original pre order since I wasnt sure what I wanted to do exactly yet, but I may still re pre order, or just wait till it comes out, whatever the ole budget allows.  Nice pics though Tenchi.

placeboblack

UrmnafVolte
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: August 17, 2009, 04:47:04 PM »

Nooo... I was just about to log on and take some pictures, but it was too late! (mine would have been far more modest than tenchi's since i was only lvl 10 or 11  :D)
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 20, 2009, 03:33:41 AM »

With the closed beta over and open beta pending (lord knows when) I had a chance to do some leveling on my Templar on C-Aion this last week and am drawing closer to the current level cap (45 in 1.0, 1.2 is still pending). I thought i'd share some screenshots.

The armor sets keep getting cooler and cooler, I can't wait to see some of the stuff in 1.5 when Aion finally goes retail. A month to go... YAY!

Serene Prophet

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: August 21, 2009, 01:51:45 PM »

Very cool, even though they have that lame walk..and Asmodeans look cooler overall...their armor aesthetics for the heavy armor..I dunno..im just not a huge fan.  I dunno if there are other styles than the one you have on, which is the set that they show fighters in when you pick a class, or if there are other versions..lol.

Still nice pics!

Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 27, 2009, 06:34:29 PM »

Open Beta has been announced. September 6-13. Looks like we will be keeping our closed beta characters. No details yet on HOW the keys will be disbursed, but the open beta will be 1.5! Since everyone is pretty much yawning over Champions Online, I really think it would be cool if more of you checked the game out before launch. Those that preorder will get a 2 day headstart over the retail release too. Anyway I'll keep you posted when I hear anything more. Those of us who will be playing in the open beta will be on Siel, Asmodian side - you can also make Elyos characters on the same servers in beta, just not at launch.

Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 01, 2009, 09:32:51 AM »

This is a public service announcement..

Fileplanet is giving away open beta keys for Aion today. The page hasn't been updated yet but it will be sometime this morning. These keys are for free accounts as well as paid accounts (paid accounts are guaranteed keys) and will probably go very quickly. If you've already preordered the game, your closed beta access automatically gets you into open beta. Open beta will be version 1.5 which is the retail version! http://www.fileplanet.com/promotions/aion/ Bookmark and refresh!

I hope to see a few more folks from our forums on Atreia!

EDIT- Apparently IGN is a bunch of money whores as the OPEN beta requires a subscription. I have no clue if they're going to offer keys to free account holders at some point or not.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 03:18:26 PM by Tenchi-no-Ryu » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: