Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 30, 2014, 06:19:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329967 Posts in 13522 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Resonance of Fate, new trailer.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Print
Author Topic: Resonance of Fate, new trailer.  (Read 21192 times)
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2009, 05:16:37 AM »

Thanks magusgs. Indeed, I am a Tri-Ace fan (I think) because I really liked SO1 (PSP port), SO2, and SO3. I just wish SO4 will be ported to the PS3. :|

The only reason why I want an Xbox 360 is because of two reasons (three before, but ToV is coming to the PS3): SO4 and IU. (BTW, is IU good?)

I find Resonance of Fate quite appealing but I fear that it could be overshadowed by FFXIII's release because they're both coming out Spring 2010.

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2009, 01:09:05 PM »

IU is fair if you are an RPG fan. Other than that most people would consider it a below average game. I found it fun however, and it's worth the $10 entry fee.
Lord Dorkus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2009, 09:06:56 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57jkGg4pnUU
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2009, 11:12:58 AM »

The city walk looks really good honestly. The music is great too.

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2009, 01:53:39 PM »

This game seriously needs to hit the stores.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2009, 02:42:44 PM »

I feel like Tri-Ace's RPG-creation skills dont translate into next-gen very well. It seems that they dont have the production power to create a good game

Fixed.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2009, 04:03:28 AM »

Sega's publishing this because Square Enix is less open to new RPGs, according to Kotaku. That's not surprising, but it's disheartening to have confirmation of it. Might also make RoF a better way to gauge how much Square Enix influenced their more recent games. It's kind of a strange however how good Sega's becoming as a publisher even though development-wise they've sunk a lot from their earlier days.

I also hear they're halving the VA to fit in both Japanese and English VA. That generally bugs me (and it'll be especially bad in the case of the PS3), but since this isn't tri-Ace I'm not that upset about it.
bigdeath

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2009, 04:57:02 AM »

With some brief seconds of gameplay:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/japanese-debut-resonance-of/49610

Oh, if you're wondering, this game was previously known as End of Eternity.

End of Eternity is an Isaac Asimov novel involving time travel. I wonder if there will be any connection with time travel or other easter eggs about the novel in the game.

Cool trailer. Looking foward to another great Tri-ace game. Lots of great gun-fu.

I feel like Tri-Ace's RPG-creation skills dont translate into next-gen very well. It seems that they dont have the production power to create a game that translated into mass market standards anymore.

This new game looks sweet though. Of course one can safely guess a few things about the game since it's from Tri-Ace:

The combat will be fun
The story will be a mess
The cutscenes will be awkward as fuck
The English voice acting will be pure shit (seriously, some games have good English dubbing, but IU and SO4 made me cringe)

Well, I really enjoyed VP 2's story and the cutscenes were great. I really wish a VP3 would come out. No, that DS game doesn't count. VP1 on the PSP is better then that game.

I have to say I enjoy the VP battle system much more than Star Oceans but I enjoyed Till the end of times story. Even the surprise ending. It made me laugh which I believe was the intended effect.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 05:14:03 AM by bigdeath » Logged
ULTROS!
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2009, 07:50:29 AM »

Sega's publishing this because Square Enix is less open to new RPGs, according to Kotaku. That's not surprising, but it's disheartening to have confirmation of it. Might also make RoF a better way to gauge how much Square Enix influenced their more recent games. It's kind of a strange however how good Sega's becoming as a publisher even though development-wise they've sunk a lot from their earlier days.

I also hear they're halving the VA to fit in both Japanese and English VA. That generally bugs me (and it'll be especially bad in the case of the PS3), but since this isn't tri-Ace I'm not that upset about it.

I remember that the Resonance of Fate/End of Eternity should fit in only 1 disc for the Xbox 360. I was expecting 2 to be honest.

And I kinda get why SE didn't publish the new Tri-Ace game, maybe it's because of what happened to IU and SO4 (sales and game quality).

Bill

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2009, 12:37:44 PM »

Sega's publishing this because Square Enix is less open to new RPGs, according to Kotaku. That's not surprising, but it's disheartening to have confirmation of it. Might also make RoF a better way to gauge how much Square Enix influenced their more recent games.

I don't think you'll find many publishers willing to fund multiple next-gen RPGs from one developer.

My guess would be that Square Enix wanted Star Ocean - a continuation of a popular series.

Microsoft commissioned Infinite Undiscovery. Originally, Square Enix had nothing to do with the project. MS brought them in as a publisher during the late stages (so it can't be used to gauge SE influence).

End of Eternity got picked up by Sega. Perhaps it was pitched to SE first, but the latter's investment would've gone into SO4.

It's kind of a strange however how good Sega's becoming as a publisher even though development-wise they've sunk a lot from their earlier days.

They're hemorrhaging money like mad. From the gamer's view, Sega's publishing might seem rosy at the moment, but check again in a year's time.

They're thrown mass amounts of money into too many things without understanding if the investments are feasible. Acclaim, Midway, and Infogrames all fell into the same trap.
Booboo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2009, 04:07:56 AM »

the town exploration looks like a minor upgrade over vp2. That's not a bad thing tho, and so far this game looks (and sounds) really promising.

bigdeath

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2009, 04:58:36 AM »

Wow, as someone commented on youtube, that looks like what VP3 should look like. I want this game. Guns, guns a MOAR GUNS!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 05:00:26 AM by bigdeath » Logged
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2009, 07:02:43 AM »

Who can blame S-E for not publishing this game? I know for a fact SO4 is shit and IU looks like a bigger pile of shit, which is why I never wasted money on it. Not even for a rental.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2009, 01:58:59 PM »

Interesting preview with lots of details about the battle system:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/resonance-of-fate-preview
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 06:20:43 PM by CDFN » Logged

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
bigdeath

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2009, 05:12:59 PM »

Corrrection:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/resonance-of-fate-preview
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: