Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 01, 2014, 05:50:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327939 Posts in 13428 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Site Related & More
| |-+  RPGFan: The Site
| | |-+  Monetize RPGFan by affiliating RPG games?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Monetize RPGFan by affiliating RPG games?  (Read 7287 times)
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2009, 04:27:43 PM »

I'm coming off too abrasively... really, my biggest gripe is RPGMaker.  When I think of indie games, I think of games that were developed from the ground up.  That's what I want to see.  These RPGMaker games all look the same to me, and there are a lot of them out there...

Also, I realized that I confused Laxius Force with Laxius Party.  I apologize... Laxius Party, I thought, was silly.  I'll give Laxius Force a fair shake.

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
blackthirteen

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2009, 01:25:45 AM »

I'm coming off too abrasively... really, my biggest gripe is RPGMaker.  When I think of indie games, I think of games that were developed from the ground up.  That's what I want to see.  These RPGMaker games all look the same to me, and there are a lot of them out there...

Also, I realized that I confused Laxius Force with Laxius Party.  I apologize... Laxius Party, I thought, was silly.  I'll give Laxius Force a fair shake.

To build a game from ground up it takes a lot of budget, manpower, energy and time. Those qualities belong mostly to big corps. Let's remind that RPGs are long to develop, especially for a one-man-band.

I agree that many RPGMaker games look the same, but for example play Aveyond, 3 Stars of Destiny and Eternal Eden and you will notice a different feeling in each of those games.

Annectdote: when I was developing Western Lords (2004) most people accused me of using RPG Maker because they associated 2d graphics with RPG Maker. Too bad because we worked on our own engine and graphics. Therfore many people will judge a game for its cover simply because it isn't modern.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 01:27:31 AM by blackthirteen » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: