Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2014, 04:49:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
340880 Posts in 13930 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Site Related & More
| |-+  RPGFan: The Site
| | |-+  Specifying regions in news articles
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Specifying regions in news articles  (Read 562 times)
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« on: December 08, 2014, 05:51:40 AM »

Every so often you guys will bring us news like "Game x is coming to PSN" or similar. It would be nice if you would standardised specifying the region that this news is applicable to since it's not always there. I get that the staff is mostly based in the US but you have a lot of European (like myself), Australian etc. readers that would benefit from the news being a little more specific regarding regions.

NOW PLAYING:
Final Fantasy XIII: The time has come...
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2014, 05:58:45 AM »

I agree! Though I think we do this mostly.

I'm Australian, and I proof and post almost every news article that goes up on the site. I generally do try to keep an eye on it, but some do slip past me. Also, unfortunately, we often are only given a NA release date when we get sent press releases/research info, so information for other regions just isn't available. I suspect there have been some articles though where, when we only have a NA date, we don't specify a region.

We've actually made a concerted effort over the past year or so to include more dates for other regions. 2+ years ago, it was pretty much exclusively NA dates posted. We'll continue to try and up our game! Thanks for the feedback, Maxx.

Edit - Oh, to clarify: Getting release dates for regions other than Europe/NA is pretty much unheard of. So, when I'm saying we "already to this mostly" they're what I'm talking about. Though Europe and Oceania tend to share release dates.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 06:09:03 AM by FlamingR1ft » Logged

glassjawsh
insolent cur

corn is no place for a mighty warrior

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2014, 04:29:47 PM »

I agree! Though I think we do this mostly.

I'm Australian, and I proof and post almost every news article that goes up on the site. I generally do try to keep an eye on it, but some do slip past me. Also, unfortunately, we often are only given a NA release date when we get sent press releases/research info, so information for other regions just isn't available. I suspect there have been some articles though where, when we only have a NA date, we don't specify a region.

We've actually made a concerted effort over the past year or so to include more dates for other regions. 2+ years ago, it was pretty much exclusively NA dates posted. We'll continue to try and up our game! Thanks for the feedback, Maxx.

Edit - Oh, to clarify: Getting release dates for regions other than Europe/NA is pretty much unheard of. So, when I'm saying we "already to this mostly" they're what I'm talking about. Though Europe and Oceania tend to share release dates.

Right, so I've always wondered, since you're Australian, and it's tomorrow in Australia, do you post the news on the site marked yesterday? Or today? (which is tomorrow).

FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2014, 04:34:18 PM »

Actually, it's today here and yesterday in America. ;)

I post news from the future to the past, since all dates on the site are North American!

Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

WOLOLO

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2014, 04:50:46 PM »

ANDREW IS IN THE FUTUREPAST

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore