Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2014, 07:23:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
337886 Posts in 13833 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Cross Edge for PS3 thoughts?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Cross Edge for PS3 thoughts?  (Read 6535 times)
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2009, 12:56:06 AM »

IGN gave it a 3.5/10

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/988/988422p2.html

Then again, I hear IGN's reviews are questionable.

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

DQ5

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2009, 02:20:27 PM »

IGN gave it a 3.5/10

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/988/988422p2.html

You really should not trust IGN reviews when it comes to JRPG's.
Anyway this link http://board.rpgamer.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi?act=ST;f=7;t=19554;st=0;#entry430911 should answer any questions you have about Cross Edge.
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2009, 04:59:17 PM »

I'm the one who's on the review for RPGFan.  I haven't played enough to get a good sense of what I'll give it, but I will say this: Cross Edge has some of the worst technical sound design in any game I have ever played.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Wild Armor
Observer
Contributing Editor

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2009, 05:21:41 PM »

*gag*

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Silverwolf X

私にする? 私にする? それとも、 わ.た.し?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2009, 10:48:24 AM »

Um, none of this answers my original question of this thread.  Has anyone actually PLAYED a retail copy?  I just want to know if "this particular game" is worth the money, not assumptions about it based on past history.

I played its import all the way to L999 on Hard, saw the real ending and finally got sick of it and sold it off. Its ok if you're a fan, if you're just hungering for something to play, I'd advise against it, unless you LOVE loading times or are a big enough fan of the characters enough to sit through the entire game.
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2009, 05:16:38 PM »

I thought this was hilariously relevant, but not enough to warrant it's own topic.  Apparently, even NISA thinks Idea Factory games are shit.

http://nintendo.joystiq.com/2008/06/10/dont-expect-spectral-force-genesis-from-nis-america/

When your primary publisher thinks your games are too shitty to work with, you've got a problem.  Who was telling me that you can't judge an IF game before playing it?
DQ5

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2009, 12:12:54 AM »

I thought this was hilariously relevant, but not enough to warrant it's own topic.  Apparently, even NISA thinks Idea Factory games are shit.

http://nintendo.joystiq.com/2008/06/10/dont-expect-spectral-force-genesis-from-nis-america/

When your primary publisher thinks your games are too shitty to work with, you've got a problem.  Who was telling me that you can't judge an IF game before playing it?

I still do not agree with you but i have to amit you made me laugh with this post.
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2009, 08:58:25 AM »

...Who are you even arguing with?

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2009, 12:43:13 AM »

They gave Korg DS a 7 because it wasn't a complete music package. It's a goddamn synthesizer it's not supposed to be jesus christ.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2009, 03:38:07 AM »

It's best to check over at least a few other reviews anyway. You're on the internet, it's not like you'd have to keep hunting down magazines or hope you know someone whose played it to get another opinion (usually). Then there's some things that aren't a matter of opinion, like glaring technical flaws (see: Mana Khemia PSP).
ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2009, 06:52:18 AM »

GameSpot's reviews are far worse in terms of RPGs.

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2009, 10:20:07 AM »

...Who are you even arguing with?

I wasn't arguing with anybody?  I was posting an article hilariously relevant to something that was said earlier in the thread.
Shiguma
The Saviour of Esteria

LordShiguma
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2009, 07:05:22 PM »

Thus far, I love Cross Edge.  But admittedly, it's a fanboy-ish love... one which might not exist if Aurica and Shurelia weren't in my party. :P

Jinsei

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2009, 02:57:55 PM »

A game that requires skill.

I suggest this game to you if you know any of the characters in it (Reigning from the series Darkstalkers, Ar Tonelico, Mana Khemia 2, Disgaea, and Spectral Souls.) Even if it's just one, the way the characters are portrayed, it will make you buy the respective games.

What you need is an open mind, you played Chaos Wars? That's fine, it shares no relation to it, other then it being a cross over game. The battle system (Most appealing to me.), item gathering, creation, and recruitment do not resemble each other at all really.

A must buy to be honest, in all unbiased ways. You just need to becareful not to end up like me. I went in a fan boy of a couple characters and now im just a fan boy to the whole damn game.

Seriously, If i saw you in the streets and you bashed this game, I'd go upside your head with facts on why it's great, and you suck. And if you persisted, I'd physically go upside your head.
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2009, 03:55:36 AM »

I got Cross Edge recently. I like it but it's not for everyone.

It's got cheesy dialogue with a dash of the whiny main character.

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: