Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2014, 09:33:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
340864 Posts in 13928 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  E3 - Microsoft
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: E3 - Microsoft  (Read 5467 times)
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2009, 10:29:43 PM »

In regards to L4D2, I'm wary of how good it will be coming out only a year after its predecessor, but in all honesty, I doubt it'll be a true "sequel". I hope I'm wrong though, and that they add more content then just recycling the old stuff with some new things tacked on. The trailer set a really good mood though, and I really like the new survivors, from what we got to see of them.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2009, 10:39:43 PM »

That Ubisoft conference was like being skull fucked in real time.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Myau
Yeeeaaah!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2009, 12:12:17 AM »

Facebook? Twitter? Flailing around like an idiot?

I'm never going to use any of this stuff.

Fucking third this.

Also agree with Gast. It's pretty boring when everything has been leaked already, and kinda disappointed that Raiden did turn out to be Raiden. We'll see tomorrow, but I was looking forward to some BIG BOSS AND GRAY WOLF (that's not on PSP) FUCK YEAR.

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2009, 12:13:18 AM »

FFXIII going over to the 360 was a complete shocker last year, imo.

I thought so too.  

Nothing too great this year.  Looking forward to Mass Effect 2 though.  Still hope to see FFXIII on an early 2010 release.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2009, 12:49:10 AM »

I'm surprised at myself for saying this but i'm not totally dismissing that motion-sensing NATAL stuff just yet. Something good may come of it...I just can't imagine what is might be. I'm picturing myself throwing a rock or bottle at someone.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2009, 12:49:17 AM »

L4D 2 and Splinter Cell Conviction really impressed me. Natal looks great for menu interfacing, but will need some really great software to convince me of its merits as a gaming device. Halo ODST really disappointed me, I'm indifferent toward Metal Gear, and the star of the show so far is the 15 minute Red Steel 2 walkthrough.

Overall MS's conference really impressed. Thought it was very strong; the Twitter, last.fm, and facebook stuff is very interesting. Full game downloads is another whopper, and 1 vs. 100 seems very promising.

[/url]
Jet16

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2009, 02:53:03 AM »

I had trouble recalling anything other than the idiotic demonstrations for Natal and Splinter Cell Conviction. I'm pretty excited for Splinter Cell, it looks fucking sweet.
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2009, 04:33:34 AM »

I though the Microsoft E3 was just ok to meh. I thought Alan Wake would be good but it didn't seem like a psychological thriller... More of "kill the baddies in dark lighting"

But then again, I'm not an FPS guy.

What stood out for me was FFXIII (multiplat), MGS:R (multiplat), and the Natal project (the more advanced Wii, this is probably the best so far).

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2009, 06:47:04 AM »

Natal project (the more advanced Wii, this is probably the best so far).

Wow, thanks for pointing that out.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2009, 06:52:09 AM »

I'm weary of the Natal. That guy's avatar was spazzing out occasionally, and the lack of physical feedback can be detrimental to some things, I'd certainly prefer to actually HOLD a steering wheel over pretending to hold on, and they've already gotten that nailed. Besides, it kinda feels like Microsoft trying too hard to capture what the Wii has. This is the best way certainly, trying to properly one-up them rather than simply copying what they do like those other assholes did, but at this point in the lifespan I don't think it'll get much support at all.
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2009, 08:40:16 AM »

What's wrong with a traditional controller? I mean, with one press of a button you can leap several feet into the air, sling a spell at your enemy or run at amazing speeds. It's not limited to the movements of the human body. There is no need to make silly movements in front of a camera or motion sensing equipment, you can play games without anyone think you're an idiot. And everyone with working fingers can use a traditional controller, it's very userfriendly.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2009, 08:44:52 AM »

I don't know why everyone's piss and shit over this; is it a mandatory feature? Because if not I don't see a problem.

ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2009, 08:46:54 AM »

I don't think this post deserves a topic so I'll just post it here anyway... and it's something quite random. :P

After the MS E3, I've browsed around different forums and lots of people kept posting Forza vs. GT or Forza will kill GT and stuff like that.

I dunno, I just find the fights really... Interesting. :P

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

Raziel

Megaten Fan

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2009, 01:22:45 PM »

I don't think this post deserves a topic so I'll just post it here anyway... and it's something quite random. :P

After the MS E3, I've browsed around different forums and lots of people kept posting Forza vs. GT or Forza will kill GT and stuff like that.

Weird. Forza seemed very arcade-ish compared to Gran Turismo's semi-simulation, so there's not much point in comparing these two.
Myau
Yeeeaaah!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2009, 02:18:52 PM »

Weird. Forza seemed very arcade-ish compared to Gran Turismo's semi-simulation, so there's not much point in comparing these two.

Exactly, it's like comparing a JRPG to a WRPG. Or even comparing an FPS to a lightgun... wait, "guided experience" shooter. :P

Then again, HEY GUISE SOMEONE ON GAMEFAQS SAID THIS GAME IS SHIT IT'S ON THE INTERNET SO IT MUST BE TRUE RITE???

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: