Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2014, 08:16:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331879 Posts in 13590 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  E3 - Microsoft
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: E3 - Microsoft  (Read 5398 times)
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2009, 07:57:18 PM »

I though the Microsoft E3 was just ok to meh. I thought Alan Wake would be good but it didn't seem like a psychological thriller... More of "kill the baddies in dark lighting"

But then again, I'm not an FPS guy.

What stood out for me was FFXIII (multiplat), MGS:R (multiplat), and the Natal project (the more advanced Wii, this is probably the best so far).
Since when has Alan Wake been an FPS?

[/url]
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2009, 04:47:56 AM »

I though the Microsoft E3 was just ok to meh. I thought Alan Wake would be good but it didn't seem like a psychological thriller... More of "kill the baddies in dark lighting"

But then again, I'm not an FPS guy.

What stood out for me was FFXIII (multiplat), MGS:R (multiplat), and the Natal project (the more advanced Wii, this is probably the best so far).
Since when has Alan Wake been an FPS?

Sorry, correction... Xbox 360 isn't the right system for me.

Happy?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 04:52:28 AM by Hoshino_Kid » Logged

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2009, 05:44:35 AM »

Mega Man 9 is the smallest game I've ever seen.

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2009, 01:37:39 AM »

I'm weary of the Natal. That guy's avatar was spazzing out occasionally, and the lack of physical feedback can be detrimental to some things, I'd certainly prefer to actually HOLD a steering wheel over pretending to hold on, and they've already gotten that nailed. Besides, it kinda feels like Microsoft trying too hard to capture what the Wii has. This is the best way certainly, trying to properly one-up them rather than simply copying what they do like those other assholes did, but at this point in the lifespan I don't think it'll get much support at all.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/Skip_Hitler/16mc5e.gif

I would care more if it weren't a peripheral (and one rumored to weigh in at $200 no less).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2009, 01:53:44 AM »

It IS in development, and honestly I doubt it'd be $200. Microsoft would realize they have no hope of capturing the audience interested in the Wii if just the device were almost as much as the Wii itself, and anyways it's probably more the software than the hardware, it's two cameras and a mic put together.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2009, 02:14:39 AM »

You're probably right about the price, but I still find it hard to care about this. Perhaps when a game worth getting comes out for this thing then maybe I'll buy into it but until then I've got better things to look at.

Damn my first attempt to rely got swallowed by the internets (must've gone down the wrong tube or something -_-;).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2009, 02:19:47 AM »

I realized that with the Wii Remote, Natal, and Sony's reverse Wii Remote thing everyone actually has unique control schemes again. Not that there's any guarantee these new ones will be seriously adopted, or if developers/publishers won't bullshit games that can safely fit on all three anyway, but if widely adopted this could lead to some games that really can only be done on their respective platforms.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: