Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 29, 2014, 10:23:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329952 Posts in 13522 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Metal Gear Solid: Rising
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Metal Gear Solid: Rising  (Read 4928 times)
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: June 01, 2009, 04:22:21 PM »

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3174497

For you 360 fanboys out there, you can stop whining about not having a MGS game to call your own now.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 04:57:11 PM »

For you 360 fanboys out there, you can stop whining about not having a MGS game to call your own now.

Great way to kick off the topic!
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 05:06:27 PM »

I do have to wonder why that countdown thingy still has a little time left on it.  Did the guys who made it get the time wrong or what? :P

Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 05:06:30 PM »

I'm so stoked for this. I'm one of the few people in the world who thinks Raiden is an awesome character.

ChevalierEagle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 05:32:56 PM »

Great way to kick off the topic!

Well, it's true for those fanboys, the drama about MGS4 being a PS3 exclusive still rages on in several web forums.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2009, 05:49:23 PM »

Well, it's true for those fanboys, the drama about MGS4 being a PS3 exclusive still rages on in several web forums.

I've been annoyed at people constantly clamoring for MGS4 on the 360, but I still think it's in bad taste to start a topic saying 'you can stop whining now'.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2009, 12:44:31 AM »

I think playing as Raiden could be kind of interesting I guess. I'm kinda getting tired of listening to that old fart Snake's gravelly voice anyway.:p  The only question I have is whether the game will have the same play mechanics or will they be changed to accommodate Raiden's breakdancing sword fighting. I don't think I'd like the formula changed too much though..

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Myau
Yeeeaaah!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2009, 12:54:52 AM »

MGS4 on PS3, Raiden on 360. Seems fair to me, now everyone can bitch. :P

Thinking about it as well, I kinda like the idea of keeping Snake and Big Boss on the two Sony platforms. In the same vein, Raiden's no stranger to the Xbox. This is assuming of course that Raiden is going to be an exclusive, which has not been confirmed yet.

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2009, 01:06:22 AM »

Still would rather have MGS4 on 360.

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2009, 03:00:17 AM »

I've been annoyed at people constantly clamoring for MGS4 on the 360, but I still think it's in bad taste to start a topic saying 'you can stop whining now'.

Though in all fairness this board tends to bring out the worst in me. At least it's not the worst thing I could've said.

As for my thoughts on the game itself I suspect that its going to take place after MGS4 with the Big Boss looking fella be the same guy that was spotted in the MGS4 trailers (I don't know exactly if its the same guy or not since I haven't played MGS4 yet but that's my theory thus far).
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 03:05:16 AM by KillerArmoire » Logged

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2009, 04:51:57 AM »

Oh man, when I saw the link I thought it was MGS4 on the 360 with Rising being the same as substance/subsistence. That would probably have been a deciding factor for me on which console to get. But it's a new game. Now I have to choose. Damn those bastards :-)

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2009, 04:57:24 AM »

But it's a new game. Now I have to choose. Damn those bastards :-)

I'm not sure if you're implying this or not, but this game will be on both consoles, so if you're worrying about whether you want MGS4 or this you don't have to worry about that.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2009, 05:02:40 AM »

But it's a new game. Now I have to choose. Damn those bastards :-)

I'm not sure if you're implying this or not, but this game will be on both consoles, so if you're worrying about whether you want MGS4 or this you don't have to worry about that.

Is that confirmed? I've been reading on several sites and it doesn't seem to be oficially confirmed on any other machine though there are rumors of PS3 and PC versions.

This was just posted on eurogamer:

Konami has declined to comment when asked whether Metal Gear Solid: Rising is coming to any other format besides Xbox 360.

Rising was announced during Microsoft's E3 conference and the press release simply said "Metal Gear Solid: Rising will be released for Xbox 360."

However, a spokesperson was unwilling to comment when asked whether the game would also be released on PlayStation 3.

MGS Rising stars Raiden of MGS2 and MGS4 fame.

Now this was posted on IGN:

UPDATE: Looks like there might be confirmation that MGS: Rising could well be coming to the PlayStation 3 and PC in addition to Xbox 360. Konami's list of games on Games Press (a private PR service for the press) now shows the title coming to all three platforms. Konami unfortunately will not make official comment at this time, so we will have to wait for all the rumors to be proven true or false until tomorrow afternoon when Sony has its conference (11AM PST).

There was quite a lot of confusion on whether this game would only be on Xbox 360. During the conference, Microsoft specifically stated that everything shown after Final Fantasy XIII would be exclusive to 360, thus the original implication. A few hours later, G4 was able to quickly chat with Microsoft's John Schappert, where he said, "You know, we didn't say that it was exclusive..." (We apologize for the confusion if you've been following the many, many updates on this ongoing saga.) Konami put out a press release listing only an Xbox 360 version, but the word "exclusive" has yet to be mentioned in any MGS: Rising statement from Microsoft or Konami, and the comment at the Microsoft E3 Conference could have been a mistake.

We realize that we're talking more about the controversy behind the unveiling rather than the game itself, but with only a short teaser of the game so far showing the same field and Raiden pose, we're stuck for new things to say. Instead, check out the most recent news leads for Metal Gear Solid Rising & Peace Walker and be sure to check back in tomorrow for more info.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's definitely multi-platform. If they had the exclusive they would just come out and say it.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 05:13:08 AM by CDFN » Logged

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2009, 06:53:54 AM »

I'm up for more Raiden.  I love that guy.  Seriously, MGS2 was awesome.  And he was obviously the coolest character ever in MGS4.

I'm not expecting any or much stealth though.  With LIGHTNING BOLT ACTION, I am expecting gameplay like his cutscenes in MGS4.

I hope Rose is nowhere to be seen!

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2009, 05:41:39 AM »

PS3 version oficially confirmed:

Sony US boss Jack Tretton has confirmed a PS3 version of Metal Gear Solid: Rising.

Hideo Kojima unveiled the game for Xbox 360 during the Microsoft E3 conference, leaving a fog of doubt surrounding the platforms.

"Spoke to Tretton - he confirmed Metal Gear Rising is absolutely coming to PS3 alongside Xbox 360," Tweeted Geoff Keighley, presenter of GameTrailers TV (spotted by the twitchy fly-eye of vg247).

No dates have been mentioned for Rising. All we know so far is that Solid Snake will not be the central character. Instead, we'll control metal-mouth Raiden, who's been a franchise familiar for years and has some adept moves of his own. Nice hair, too.

Eurogamer

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: