Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2014, 04:52:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332868 Posts in 13639 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Is anyone else scared? The death of regular J-RPGs :(
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Is anyone else scared? The death of regular J-RPGs :(  (Read 5441 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2006, 05:23:50 PM »

Quote from: "Losfer"
So it's not like the FF series is going to be destroyed.  Well, anymore than it already has.  ZING!

You know, just because you don't like something doesn't mean you have to be an asshole about it every damn time you mention it. :P
Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2006, 02:13:06 PM »

Oh yeah, gonna add another reason for console RPGs not going MMO in a long time:
Player interaction.

A huge (and I mean huge) part of the appeal of MMOs is the interaction between players, in form of text messaging and voice chat. The latter can be achieved on consoles thru headsets, like with Xbox Live, but unless you start shipping every console with a keyboard, text chat will never be realistic.

Some may say that voice chat is the way of the future, but I don't think that's true. There are a lot of people who, for some reason or another, don't feel confortable talking to complete strangers over the internet. I myself am very hesistan to do it, because while I'm decent enough at writing english, I'm not too happy about my pronounciation of it. This is true for a lot of non-native english speakers, I think.

So yeah, add that as another reason for single player games being around for a long while yet. Also, there are a lot of people who plain just don't want to associate with all the fucktards that you get in online games :P
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2006, 02:27:24 PM »

Quote from: "Eusis"
Quote from: "Losfer"
So it's not like the FF series is going to be destroyed.  Well, anymore than it already has.  ZING!

You know, just because you don't like something doesn't mean you have to be an asshole about it every damn time you mention it. :P

I could say the same thing about you constantly needing to argue with me about EVERYTHING!

:P

just kidding e-chan i still heart you *pats his little sister on the bum*

Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2006, 02:39:33 PM »

Quote from: "ronhelig"
Last reply!  All those RPG's "DO" use the standard commands ATTACK, MAGIC, ITEM, FLEE, or some variation thereof.  Just because there may be more strategy to them such as the ATB system, Suikoden's one on one duels, Shadow Hearts' ring, aerial attacks, combos, tensions guage, whatever: They all still use those basic commands.  I guess this topic will get pinned, and of course it will be because I'm an idiot of course.  But all I asked (read the topic) is if anyone else feared non-online RPG's were going to eventually die away on the new systems.

I'm so excited you can put words into people's mouth through the internet....you win! Al Gore's virgin ass is your reward.

Stop whining because people take your topic and, while keeping it ON TOPIC, post shit that is a different belief than you.

Oh...and MMOs are here to stay, "J-RPGs" are here to stay....stop fucking whining.

There, DarkyPoo....my second most uninflamatory post ever.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: