Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 27, 2014, 07:06:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338609 Posts in 13861 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Golden Sun DS! :D \(^^)/
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Golden Sun DS! :D \(^^)/  (Read 7925 times)
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2009, 03:19:32 PM »

Shiren Wii, New Super Mario Bros. 4/Wii/whatever, AND Golden Sun DS (with more to come!?!).

I think Nintendo won the E3.

lol. I disagree strongly.

Nice to see Golden Sun coming back though. Love the sprite on 3d style.

I don't see how you could.  They crushed Microsoft's game announcements and if Sony's big reveal is going to be the PSP Go! then they're pretty much out of the race.  They could still pull out ahead but I'm doubting it.  I don't really see how Nintendo doesn't have this in the bag.

On topic: FUCK YEAR GOLDEN SUN.  I loved the first two and have been waiting patiently for the third to wrap up the couple of loose ends.  Although it saddens me that they chose this over Breath of Fire 6, it's still AMAZING NEWS and I love them forever.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2009, 03:46:10 PM »

Shiren Wii, New Super Mario Bros. 4/Wii/whatever, AND Golden Sun DS (with more to come!?!).

I think Nintendo won the E3.

lol. I disagree strongly.

Nice to see Golden Sun coming back though. Love the sprite on 3d style.

I don't see how you could.  They crushed Microsoft's game announcements and if Sony's big reveal is going to be the PSP Go! then they're pretty much out of the race.  They could still pull out ahead but I'm doubting it.  I don't really see how Nintendo doesn't have this in the bag.

On topic: FUCK YEAR GOLDEN SUN.  I loved the first two and have been waiting patiently for the third to wrap up the couple of loose ends.  Although it saddens me that they chose this over Breath of Fire 6, it's still AMAZING NEWS and I love them forever.

I will admit I was eating my words for a minute there with FF XIV but then the magic acronym cut that dinner short. But thanks to Peace Walker I'm not out of the woods yet.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2009, 03:54:05 PM »

I don't think FF14 could top what Nintendo has announced.  Especially not for me, since I despise the series, but even if I liked it, one title doesn't trump everything that Nintendo announced today.  Especially if Retro announces Kid Icarus Wii.

Especially since Sony is currently embarrassing themselves with their silly Wand thing.
Draak

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2009, 03:57:20 PM »

I'm still catching up but, wow. First Metroid M and now this! Great announcements, that's all I can say.
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2009, 04:23:32 PM »

I don't think FF14 could top what Nintendo has announced.  Especially not for me, since I despise the series, but even if I liked it, one title doesn't trump everything that Nintendo announced today.  Especially if Retro announces Kid Icarus Wii.

Especially since Sony is currently embarrassing themselves with their silly Wand thing.

Are you kidding me?  New Super Mario Bros for Wii is basically going to be a "Four Swords" multiplayer focused spinoff instead of platforming filled single player game. Then there was tons of casual pandering videos that just never seemed to end. The Metroid game looked good, but I'll have to see more to judge. Galaxy 2 looks nice of course, but nothing really 'new'. Golden Sun looked just dandy but it's not anywhere near one of the best RPG series out there.

Microsoft was right to the chase, no boring sales figures or charts, straight up gameplay of some anticipated games as well as Project Natal which is completely unique and innovative tech.

Sony had too many clip shows but the game line up is insane, as were the demonstrations of Uncharted 2 and GOW3. The wand tech Sony showed was amazing, and far better than anything I've seen the Wiimote can do. The Nintendo conference basically showed off an addon that does what the Wii was promoted to do originally.

The Sony and Microsoft conferences were way better than the Nintendo one.  More games+gameplay and better demonstrations of their new tech (Sony's Archery completely blew the new Wii sports one away). Maybe in your personal, RPG-centric focus you could prefer Nintendo's offerings at E3. But even then, you have to be extremely hard headed to ignore the vast lineup of games on the HD consoles.

One title doesn't trump what Nintendo announced. A whole mountain of quality games does.
Robert Boyd

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2009, 04:28:34 PM »

My main problem with the Sony conference is that any excitement about games was dashed by the PSP Go price announcement.  Here, I thought that the removal of the UMD would be compensated by a lower price and instead, they jacked the price up nearly 50%.

Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2009, 04:30:37 PM »

My main problem with the Sony conference is that any excitement about games was dashed by the PSP Go price announcement.  Here, I thought that the removal of the UMD would be compensated by a lower price and instead, they jacked the price up nearly 50%.

I'm not a fan of the PSP Go yet myself. I really prefer to own physical copies of games. Luckily its not replacing the current one, just an alternative.
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2009, 05:41:22 PM »

Once again, I feel the need to point out that the showmanship of the companies has nothing to do with the quality of their presentation.  Nintendo likes to tout sales figures, but the end result was that we're getting a huge pile of amazing games that many people have been waiting for for a long time.

And considering that a large amount of those games weren't RPG's, I have no idea where the "in your RPG-centric world" came from.

Like I said in the other thread, Microsoft basically just told us about a non-exclusive MGS title, Alan Wake, and their crappy motion system.  So far Sony just did their own version of the motion thing, FF14 MMO, and Trico.  Oh, and PSP Go, what it is to laugh.
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2009, 06:36:33 PM »

Hmm, I'm interested enough to pick it up, I guess.  Not really one of those titles I was waiting for. :P

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2009, 07:42:04 PM »

Yay! A NEW GOLDEN SUN!

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2009, 08:37:20 PM »

Next to the pipedream of Sega and Camelot reconsiling their differences and starting work on SFIV, this is literally the best news from the show for me.

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2009, 10:59:46 PM »

Once again, I feel the need to point out that the showmanship of the companies has nothing to do with the quality of their presentation.  Nintendo likes to tout sales figures, but the end result was that we're getting a huge pile of amazing games that many people have been waiting for for a long time.

I haven't been waiting for Wii Sports Resort or a "Vitality Sensor". (WTF)

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2009, 11:06:04 PM »

I haven't been waiting for Wii Sports Resort or a "Vitality Sensor". (WTF)

There was a lot more than that shown! Plus Wii Sports Resort was announced last year so it's not like he's referring to that.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2009, 11:12:13 PM »

Yes I know, but I'm playing Devil's Advocate - he's making it sound the like the other two shows had nothing, when they did not.

They both had crappy motion control.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2009, 12:35:20 AM »

It's funny how people are focusing on nothing but the negatives when there was enough for EVERYONE to get excited. What the fuck.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: