Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 22, 2014, 09:18:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341343 Posts in 13950 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Golden Sun DS! :D \(^^)/
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Golden Sun DS! :D \(^^)/  (Read 7969 times)
Robert Boyd

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2009, 12:37:14 AM »

It's funny how people are focusing on nothing but the negatives when there was enough for EVERYONE to get excited. What the fuck.

Yeah, Microsoft, Nintendo, and Sony all had some great stuff at their conventions.

Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2009, 01:24:40 AM »

In all honesty, I Was at work the entire time during the Microsoft conference, and my internet cut out after the Nintendo one.  I've only heard scraps of what went on at the MS and Sony conferences, and I mostly heard that they were shit.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2009, 01:32:26 AM »

Like I said in the other thread, Microsoft basically just told us about a non-exclusive MGS title, Alan Wake, and their crappy motion system.  So far Sony just did their own version of the motion thing, FF14 MMO, and Trico.  Oh, and PSP Go, what it is to laugh.

It's funny how people are focusing on nothing but the negatives when there was enough for EVERYONE to get excited. What the fuck.

You're right.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2009, 01:45:04 AM »

The announcements of the big three were AMAZING this year, the best in a long time. That doesn't necessarily apply to the conferences, I didn't watch enough of those and Microsoft's had Peter Molyneux make an ass of himself, and the guy holding it annoyed me anyway.
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2009, 01:52:23 AM »

@Lard: Hey, I'm excited about Alan Wake, that was a positive!  Also Trico.
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2009, 02:02:37 AM »

In all honesty, I Was at work the entire time during the Microsoft conference, and my internet cut out after the Nintendo one.  I've only heard scraps of what went on at the MS and Sony conferences, and I mostly heard that they were shit.

You're bias is obvious now and you're beneath speaking to. I'm not even going to rebuttal to your stupidity.
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2009, 05:36:02 AM »

Look, I'm pretty neutral these days. I bought into the Wii early, and sorta got burned, even though I think that it has paid itself off with the few ridiculously high quality titles it has. I have a 360, and I like it a lot, but it's not perfect, and I can start to see the appeal of the PS3 now that the price isn't horrific.

That said, when the dust settled at the end of the day, I have to admit that the Sony and Microsoft conferences were a bit underwhelming. Sony announced "The Last Guardian" (Trico), which floored me, however it was leaked a few days ago. And while I'm sure FF14 is going to be really good, I don't personally play MMOs.

I guess why I'm so happy with Nintendo's is that they NEEDED A GOOD ONE... BADLY. I've been becoming dissolutioned with my Wii, feeling like the very company that I thought was going to make great headway was abandoning quality for flash-in-the-pan demographic increases. Boy did they pull a 180 this year. Metroid: Another M is far-and-away the best thing that came out of E3, not because it was probably the best game demoed at E3 (I'll leave that to either FF13, FF:CC:CB, or Trico), but because it was the smartest thing to do for the livelihood of one of my favorite series, and showed a certain amount of agile thinking on the part of game designers, as to how to proceed with the franchise's overall development. Golden Sun DS is a good runner up, since we had no idea that it was coming.

Basically, many of the great announcements we already knew were coming or had a strong suspicion that they were: FF:CC:CB, Trico, new MGS, etc. Nintendo had the most shockers though.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2009, 07:57:40 AM »

You're bias is obvious now and you're beneath speaking to. I'm not even going to rebuttal to your stupidity.

...what?

I saw a list of all the things that were presented at the three conferences, and the list of things Nintendo presented seemed better to me.  I'm a Nintendo fanboy because my internet cut out and didn't let me see the Sony conference with my own eyes?  I'm a fanboy because I had to go to work and miss the MS one?  That's logic if I've ever heard it.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2009, 12:09:31 AM »

Look, I'm pretty neutral these days. I bought into the Wii early, and sorta got burned, even though I think that it has paid itself off with the few ridiculously high quality titles it has. I have a 360, and I like it a lot, but it's not perfect, and I can start to see the appeal of the PS3 now that the price isn't horrific.

That said, when the dust settled at the end of the day, I have to admit that the Sony and Microsoft conferences were a bit underwhelming. Sony announced "The Last Guardian" (Trico), which floored me, however it was leaked a few days ago. And while I'm sure FF14 is going to be really good, I don't personally play MMOs.

I guess why I'm so happy with Nintendo's is that they NEEDED A GOOD ONE... BADLY. I've been becoming dissolutioned with my Wii, feeling like the very company that I thought was going to make great headway was abandoning quality for flash-in-the-pan demographic increases. Boy did they pull a 180 this year. Metroid: Another M is far-and-away the best thing that came out of E3, not because it was probably the best game demoed at E3 (I'll leave that to either FF13, FF:CC:CB, or Trico), but because it was the smartest thing to do for the livelihood of one of my favorite series, and showed a certain amount of agile thinking on the part of game designers, as to how to proceed with the franchise's overall development. Golden Sun DS is a good runner up, since we had no idea that it was coming.

Basically, many of the great announcements we already knew were coming or had a strong suspicion that they were: FF:CC:CB, Trico, new MGS, etc. Nintendo had the most shockers though.

QFFT

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2009, 01:20:25 AM »

Actually, between Professtor Layton, Infinite Space, Golden Sun and Demenium II (not an RPG but I liked the first), I think the DS came out ahead of the Wii this year.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2009, 01:24:23 AM »

If DQIX were to appear this year I'd probably agree. As is I'm kinda afraid SE's deciding to wait a stupid long time on localizing that. :/
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2009, 01:45:31 AM »

After DQ 8, I could care less.

There's already 3x as many DS games I want.

Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2009, 03:31:56 PM »

...what?

I saw a list of all the things that were presented at the three conferences, and the list of things Nintendo presented seemed better to me.  I'm a Nintendo fanboy because my internet cut out and didn't let me see the Sony conference with my own eyes?  I'm a fanboy because I had to go to work and miss the MS one?  That's logic if I've ever heard it.

<losfer>You're dumb. </losfer>
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2009, 08:14:18 PM »

...what?

<losfer>You're dumb. </losfer>

Hey, that's a pretty good impression of me!

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: