Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2014, 09:02:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334486 Posts in 13702 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  E3 - Nintendo
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: E3 - Nintendo  (Read 7785 times)
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

View Profile

Ignore
« on: June 02, 2009, 01:14:53 PM »

The first part was blah

The 2nd part was wow (DS games: KH 358/2, GOLDEN SUN, Mario Game, Spirit Tracks)

The 3rd part was... I missed that part

Last part was Wow (New Metroid game ftw).

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

Raziel

Megaten Fan

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 01:19:11 PM »

Total failure.

Metroid and Golden Sun were cool, but that's all.

Sequelitis is like Black Death these days.
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 01:20:07 PM »

I tried two streams. One farted a lot, the other one made smooching sounds. Great.

Golden Sun DS surprised me, new Mario RPG looks nice, don't know what to think of Metroid: Other M.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 01:20:50 PM »

3rd part was Mario Galaxy 2 and Resident Evil DS.

Also that Metroid is Team Ninja instead of Retro. This could be loving awesome or hell no.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2009, 01:23:05 PM »

I thought Nintendo's Press Conference was great and better than Microsoft's. Metroid: Other M, Golden Sun DS, Mario Galaxy 2, Mario & Luigi RPG 3, FFCC: Crystal Bearers, and Kingdom Hearts DS all looked great. B+ for Nintendo and B- for Microsoft so far. Sony better have a fantastic one!

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2009, 01:25:55 PM »

Presentation-wise, Nintendo's press conference is chloroform

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Raziel

Megaten Fan

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2009, 01:31:49 PM »

Presentation-wise, Nintendo's press conference is chloroform

Yeah, and the audience was awfully quiet. Compare it to Microsoft's conference where every single video clip ended with cheers and applauses (the exception being Molyneux's appearance, that is).
Myau
Yeeeaaah!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2009, 02:10:35 PM »

Started watching the 1up live stream when Iwata showed up:

I was hoping SMG2 would just use the Galaxy engine, not actually be a Galaxy game. Especially since there wasn't too much planet-hopping shown. And FUCK YEAR YOSHI.

Immediately recognized the Team Ninja logo. Until you see the Zero Suit for a split second, Metroid looked like it was going to be an original game to me.

And of course, OH MY FUCKING GOD GOLDEN SUN. E3'S OVER, SONY AND MS ARE FINISHED.

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2009, 02:39:56 PM »

I don't get the "other M" bit in the title, but I'm still damn excited about a 3rd person Metroid.
and that's about it.
I own the first Golden Sun but barely played it. The weird speech talk noise put me off initially and I never went back.
Don't carer about anything else. Big surprise.

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2009, 03:08:50 PM »

Who the fuck cares about Nintendo's showmanship?  Microsoft might have gotten more cheers, but in the end they didn't give us fuck all except for a shitty new way to control games that just piggyback's Nintendo's.  And I guess we finally found out what the new MGS thing is and Alan Wake.

Nintendo gave us Mario Galaxy 2, Golden Sun DS, Metroid: Other M, Glory of Heracles, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box, Mario Vs. Donkey Kong, Mario and Luigi 3, Sin and Punishment 2, New Super Mario Brothers 2, Monado: Beginning of the World, and so many more games that I can't even list here.  And their presentation isn't over, because Retro Studios still has a presentation to make and Miyamoto hasn't done his thing yet.

Jesus Christ you people are hard to please.  Who cares if most of the games are sequels?  Who cares if Nintendo wanted to go over sales numbers like they do at every conference?  We are getting AWESOME fucking games, and that's what counts.

@Grim: Switch the two words in "Other M" around.
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2009, 03:15:41 PM »

For once I agree with you, Gen.

This E3 stands in severe contrast with the last show for Nintendo. Last year was Reggie getting up, eating a sandwich, playing some Mii crap, and sitting down. This year? GAMES OUT THE ASSHOLE.

Fuck. Just be happy that Nintendo is back on the truck.
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2009, 04:57:34 PM »

Probably the greatest and most surprising E3 blowout that Nintendo has ever done... AND YOU GUYS ARE BITCHING???!!! Now I'm convinced that you guys could bitch about anything.

Probably the greatest announcement was Metroid going to a different publisher. This is EXACTLY what the franchise needs. Prime was awesome, but I feel like Retro were getting burnt out on the mechanics, and starting to act like the Prime game was going to be an eternal template for the Metroid series, which is a bad idea. Remember the series didn't start out with all the visors and stuff (as cool as the visors are). The series needs a reboot again, just to explore new territory. It looks like that's exactly what we're going to get. It may not be as good as Prime, it might be better... but one thing is for sure is rebooting is going to be a better path for the series to take than anything else. I do hope, however, that this takes place after Fusion and is basically Metroid V. Remember that Metroid IV left on a huge cliffhanger: pitting Samus against the rest of humanity, and infused with Metroid DNA. Even though Fusion had (IMO) pretty lame gameplay, the story was one of the best in the franchise, it would be nice to continue where that left off.

As for the rest: I'm totally down with doing a second Mario Galaxy, that engine is so open ended, there were plenty of ideas left to be tried, I'm sure we'll get a fabulous game. And Golden Sun DS... FUCK ME! I just played through all of Golden Sun (both cartridges) again, and I'd just been thinking: this NEEDS to come over to the DS. One of my favorite 2D RPGs.

Those three alone are just brilliant. This is going to be a great year for Nintendo.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2009, 05:00:34 PM »

In response to a certain thread demanding links I've got a few to post.

Super Mario Galaxy 2.
Metroid Other M.
Sin and Punishment 2.
Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box.
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story.

I'll edit in more, but for now that's all I've really got.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Dizzy

死ぬがよい

awe.of.she.1@gmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2009, 05:40:20 PM »

Fuck yeah, Metroid! Some of that Silent Hill: Shattered Memories looked pretty impressive as well.

Looking forward to getting my hands on those titles in the future.

Draak

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2009, 06:30:08 PM »

I do hope, however, that this takes place after Fusion and is basically Metroid V. Remember that Metroid IV left on a huge cliffhanger: pitting Samus against the rest of humanity, and infused with Metroid DNA. Even though Fusion had (IMO) pretty lame gameplay, the story was one of the best in the franchise, it would be nice to continue where that left off.

As much as I want a Metroid V, I think Other M will be set before Fusion.

Code:
See the "Any objections, Lady?" line. It's Adam. Unless it's a flashback...

I'm pumped for Metroid and Golden Sun... maybe Glory of Heracles, but I have to hear more about this one.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 06:34:21 PM by Draak » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: