Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 28, 2014, 10:53:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338777 Posts in 13866 Topics by 2217 Members
Latest Member: milz
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  E3 - Nintendo
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: E3 - Nintendo  (Read 7876 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2009, 04:49:11 AM »

Eh, you can be dark without necessarily being M. Though I'd rather have the middle ground that OoT and LttP were closer to than keeping it polarized between highly cartoony and the darker, relatively more realistic style of Twilight Princess. Or just give me a damn console title with Wind Waker's visual style but completely/predominately land based, seeing Hyrule rendered that way made me want to adventure through it, and seeing it relegated to handhelds that can't fully render that world is disheartening.
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2009, 06:00:44 AM »

I'm up for Adventure of Link 2 anytime now, guys.

Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2009, 06:47:59 AM »

Eh, I've always preffered Zelda as a more serious title, it has a lot of room for a lot of drama and heart, TP really demonstrated that in a way that most of the others really didn't. Wind Waker had its moments, but it's constant lighthearted-ness kept it from really breaking out at times. I think WW was a good experiment, but they need to put it to rest. I think we could use another darker Zelda like TP... just one more.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2009, 01:55:23 PM »

Bah! No new Zelda!?  They can jam their whole lineup up their ass:P

Actually, a new Wii Zelda has been announced. There are just no images or videos yet:

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3174564

There is now an image.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3174646

I'm just slightly miffed by the presence of Wind Waker's great fairy queen but then again that may not be a Great Fairy Queen.

Also Link indeed seems to be missing any evidence of a sword in this pick.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2009, 03:58:25 PM »

I was hoping for the return of CD-i Zelda.

Prime Mover

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2009, 04:08:13 PM »

It has been commented that the lack of sword is on purpose and central to the nature of the game. We don't know what this means, but it's very intreguing. The other thing that excites me about that poster is the art style. Maybe the next Zelda will be rendered in a similar painted style, that would be unbe-fucking-lievable: sort of like a darker, grittier Okami.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2009, 05:48:34 PM »

It has been commented that the lack of sword is on purpose and central to the nature of the game. We don't know what this means, but it's very intreguing. The other thing that excites me about that poster is the art style. Maybe the next Zelda will be rendered in a similar painted style, that would be unbe-fucking-lievable: sort of like a darker, grittier Okami.

If they can do that while staying away from things like forced gimmick items such as the Rod of Domination and the Slingshot (there is a difference between these and items like the Bombos Medallion) and a short quest (MM I'm looking at you) then my love of this series would be rekindled.

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2009, 08:51:47 PM »

What, no Fire Emblem?!

Actually, that's a good thing. I'm three games behind as is.

I'm looking forward to the new Metroid game though. It'll be different, but I don't think it'll be the bad kind. Whatever happened to Retro Studio?

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2009, 10:17:28 PM »

I seriously would like to see this. More specifically, I want to see it with more modern design sensibilities, I think they had something very promising there but were held back by a ridiculous difficulty and some of the unfair design decisions (HAHA YOU LOSE ALL YOUR EXP IF YOU GAME OVER).
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2009, 01:01:20 AM »

I seriously would like to see this. More specifically, I want to see it with more modern design sensibilities, I think they had something very promising there but were held back by a ridiculous difficulty and some of the unfair design decisions (HAHA YOU LOSE ALL YOUR EXP IF YOU GAME OVER).

At least you got to keep your levels/progress (kinda on the latter there since starting up from a game over opened up in the North Castle until you entered the Golden Palace). I just wish that I had a bigger and longer sword to poke enemies with instead of that measly butter knife.

Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2009, 09:37:09 PM »

I agree completely. I thought about this a lot recently as I was doing my thesis for school, and every time I was more and more convinced that an AoL remake would kick a lot of ass.
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2009, 11:48:19 PM »

Glad so many of you guys agree.

Just imagine this:

Nice updated graphics, keep it 2D, fix up the difficulty a bit, add in more spells, add in new weapons, keep the gameplay for the most part, and put it up on Wiiware for 15 - 20 bucks.

GOD NINTENDO DO IT.

But they won't, cause it's a good idea.  :(((

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2009, 11:58:58 PM »

I'm still waiting for F-Zero Wii and a proper Star Fox game.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Alexander
Easy Bake Covenant

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2009, 12:57:31 AM »

On that Zelda pic, notice the character standing in front of Link. SHE is the sword.  Her neck is the handle and head the butt of the sword.  Her shawl forms the hand guard and her gem is the jewel encrusted into the guard.  Her fishnet stockings form the blade itself.  My guess is if there is a sword in this game, the Master Sword transforms into this character.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 12:59:18 AM by Alexander » Logged

Behold, the greatest taco in the history of the world! http://tacostothelimit.ytmnd.com/
[Previously known as Miilou Suede]
acornthief.tumblr.com
Prime Mover

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2009, 02:11:03 PM »

ya know, as strange as that sounds, I really wouldn't put it past them. They've really been on a kick with sidekick characters who are either wearable (Ezlo), or key to your inventory (King boat and Midna). Having the sword be a character would be right up their alley, though it seems a bit silly.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: