Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 22, 2014, 05:48:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329437 Posts in 13496 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  E3 - Sony
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: E3 - Sony  (Read 1994 times)
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« on: June 02, 2009, 04:12:34 PM »

Personally, I loved it. :P

PS3:
FFXIV
MAG
Uncharted 2
GoW III
Racer game from the LBP creators
GT5
The Last Guardian (Ico)

PSP:
MGS
GT4
LBP

PSN:
FFVII

Multiplats/Others:
Many I guess
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 04:19:27 PM by Hoshino_Kid » Logged

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 04:15:44 PM »

By FAR my favorite of the three. Uncharted 2 looked epic and FFXIV Online was a great surprise. The Last Guardian was already leaked, but still cool and MAG looks interesting. There are far too many other games for me to mention because it was so overwhelmingly awesome.

Professor Gast

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 04:28:10 PM »

I have to admit that this conference was quite a positive surprise, despite what I had said earlier about recent E3 conferences. The only thing that was missing was the confirmation of MGS Raiden being a multiplatform title, but may be Konami are going to announce that at a later point (if it was exclusive, Microsoft would surely have labeled it an exclusive yesterday). But frankly, I didn't expect Sony to show off the new PSP, the new motion controller, Fumito Ueda's new game AND FFXIV at the same time. This probably means the PS3 price cut/redesign will be announced before or at TGS in September. 
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 04:31:40 PM by Professor Gast » Logged
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 04:30:17 PM »

The Last Guardian and God of War III were really the only must-haves for me. Heavy Rain, of course, is another big PS3 title for me and the racer with the user-created levels looks quite good(name escapes me). I'd put the showing at least on par with Microsoft for my personal taste. Nintendo is rarely ever on my radar.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Myau
Yeeeaaah!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2009, 04:33:07 PM »

Second best E3 news and the only surprise from Sony that wasn't LOL LBP KART RACING:

oh my fuck is that a mithra and a galka

ffxiv ONLINE SWEET JESUS IT'S FFXI-2

I mean, the dildo demo was kinda cool and all, but that combined with 10 minutes of MAKE YOUR OWN RACE TRACK LOL INNOVATION... Good god. I feel sorry for the guys that had to demo that.

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2009, 04:46:08 PM »

While there was a lot of new stuff shown for Sony I didn't really see any surprises except for MGS PW and FFXIV. Granted the new trailers of Uncharted 2, FFXIII, and GoW3 all rocked but seriously there really wasn't that much I haven't seen before (or at least of the stuff I cared about).

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2009, 08:29:34 PM »

Ooh, FFXIV.  Interesting.

Totally stoked for Last Guardian.

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2009, 12:12:07 AM »

Me too. Last Guardian looks awesome.

Thought Sony had the best conference overall, despite their gimmicky dildo.

Just give it up and make some damn games.

GOW 3 demo was weak though. Why play a part that looks like it could be part of either earlier GOW game and then CUT IT FOR TIME?!

Did they even think about it or just grab the first thing they could find?

Terrible.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2009, 12:44:02 AM »

Thought The Last Guardian was an E3 standout and the rest was totally overshadowed by MS and Nintendo.

[/url]
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2009, 11:53:08 AM »

GT5 has damaged cars!!! Damn, I was watching the trailer and just waiting to see a damaged car. They only should one but that's enough to confirm it. NASCAR, WRC, amazing graphics, this will be a mandatory purchase for me (if I ever buy a PS3 lol)

But with other games like TLG, GOW3 and Uncharted 2 it's getting hard to resist. And MGS Rising is apparently confirmed for the PS3. Now all I need is a damn price cut.

They also announced a brand new resident evil for the PSP which is great. Suddenly there is so much to look forward to on that machine.

Crysis developer talks about the console version of Crysis 2:

Crytek has said the multiplatform Crysis 2 is "touching the hardware limits" of PlayStation 3, and that "there's not much more that you can do".

"The interesting thing is we did run a performance analysis on the PS3 devkit, and you know the funny thing is the occupation on all the CPUs, the Cell and the GPUs, is pretty much - the needle is at the limit," Crytek boss Cevat Yerli told Gamasutra.

"There's not much more you can do, and frankly the breakthrough was very recent, and otherwise we would've had a compromised strategy on the consoles, which we don't have now.

"So I think we will still have an upside, but we're touching the hardware limits already," he added.

Crysis 2 will head to PC, PS3 and Xbox 360. There's no date, which means we're unlikely to see the game this year.

This will be the first of the series to use CryEngine 3, which promises to deliver more visual benchmarks that melt computer innards and turn us gooey inside.

All we've seen so far is a teaser video from E3, which pieces together the logo amid scenes of rioting and pictures of the fancy suit from Crysis 1, which let players throw cars around and camouflage to near naked-eye invisibility.

Eurogamer

Well, I'm pretty damn sure my PC wont run this so I hope the console versions are really good. I wouldn't be surprised if the machines are reaching their limit. PCs always had the upper hand this generation so it was rare to see something that could really blow your mind.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 12:06:39 PM by CDFN » Logged

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2009, 12:17:22 PM »

Totally stoked for Last Guardian.

Neverending storryyyyyyyyy~

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2009, 12:24:02 PM »

New PSP GOW officialy denied:

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3174572

BUT:

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3174547

Yeah boys and girls, Kratos in soul calibur.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 12:27:05 PM by CDFN » Logged

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2009, 01:57:48 AM »

Crysis developer talks about the console version of Crysis 2:

Crytek has said the multiplatform Crysis 2 is "touching the hardware limits" of PlayStation 3, and that "there's not much more that you can do".

"The interesting thing is we did run a performance analysis on the PS3 devkit, and you know the funny thing is the occupation on all the CPUs, the Cell and the GPUs, is pretty much - the needle is at the limit," Crytek boss Cevat Yerli told Gamasutra.

"There's not much more you can do, and frankly the breakthrough was very recent, and otherwise we would've had a compromised strategy on the consoles, which we don't have now.

"So I think we will still have an upside, but we're touching the hardware limits already," he added.

Crysis 2 will head to PC, PS3 and Xbox 360. There's no date, which means we're unlikely to see the game this year.

This will be the first of the series to use CryEngine 3, which promises to deliver more visual benchmarks that melt computer innards and turn us gooey inside.

All we've seen so far is a teaser video from E3, which pieces together the logo amid scenes of rioting and pictures of the fancy suit from Crysis 1, which let players throw cars around and camouflage to near naked-eye invisibility.

Eurogamer

Well, I'm pretty damn sure my PC wont run this so I hope the console versions are really good. I wouldn't be surprised if the machines are reaching their limit. PCs always had the upper hand this generation so it was rare to see something that could really blow your mind.

Wait! Has technology finally advanced far enough to play Crysis 1 now?

As for the Sony conference I thought Uncharted 2, Assassins Creed 2, MGS Peace Walker looked the most interesting. FFXIV went right by that mark right up to the the point when the word Online then my enthusiasm burned out just as quickly as it had flared up. The Last Guardian was an impressive showing but it was a far more impressive showing last week (I still consider it a day one purchase I just wish I knew more about it today aside from a name change). The rest, to me, fizzled (at least Sony's wands looks slightly less ridiculous than Microsoft's Navel (damn that name is too easy to make fun of)).

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: