Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 30, 2014, 07:20:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335205 Posts in 13725 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Point and Click games on the DS.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Point and Click games on the DS.  (Read 5150 times)
Zool

View Profile

Ignore
« on: June 02, 2009, 04:14:09 PM »

I read that a new Monkey Island is soon to be on Wii Ware so I though I'd get back into Point and Click games but this time on the DS.

What is the best DS Point and Click DS game?

I have tried Professor Layton and The Curious Village but did not like this.  To me it was a lot of puzzles, mostly average ones, built around an unrelated story. I was thinking about Another Code (Trace Memory in the US) but it's a good few years old now................ any ideas? It would be good if the puzzles related to the story.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 06:23:00 PM »

I can tell you right now, avoid the Myst and Syberia ports like the plague.  They are very poorly done.  Broken Sword: Directors' Cut is very good.  Trace Memory is short, but excellent.  Trace Memory's developer, Cing, also did Hotel Dusk: Room 215 which is fantastic.  Although most critics disliked them for being short and often very obtuse, I liked the Touch Detective games.  They played more like western style graphic adventures than Japanese style visual novels. 

Among the Japanese style graphics adventures, the Phoenix Wright/Apollo Justice games are good.  Although critics lambased it, I liked Lifesigns: Surgical Unit, but that one could get difficult with the interactive surgeries.  Time Hollow wasn't bad, but lacked gameplay.  I liked the more story oriented Lux-Pain more than I should have. 

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Buddy

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 08:19:38 PM »

Yep, if you get once, get Trace Memory.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: