Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 29, 2014, 01:08:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327653 Posts in 13413 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Silent Hill: Shattered Memories announced for Wii
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: Silent Hill: Shattered Memories announced for Wii  (Read 11057 times)
AJR
Totally groovy

Oh, this burning beard.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2009, 11:44:39 AM »

Why are you both being retarded?

Earth-2.net is a website where I occasionally type words about entertaining pieces of media.
Raziel

Megaten Fan

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2009, 07:57:47 AM »

And SH4 wasn't supposed to be a SH game. It was Konami's decision to shoehorn in the SH stuff, not Team Silent's. I don't blame them for that clusterfuck.

Uh, whut?

http://games.kikizo.com/features/konami_interview_sep04.asp

Tsuboyama: We wanted to make a sequel after Silent Hill 3 and you could say that was the initial concept, but upon that we needed to implement a lot of new flavour to the sequel, otherwise it would have been the same old Silent Hill. So for that, we created "The Room" as the concept for the game, so that we could use to represent the contrast between the normal and the abnormal life which changes suddenly. For the scenario we got our general influence from a book called Coin Locker Babies, which was written by a Japanese writer called Ryu Murakami. It talks about a baby abandoned in a coin locker. That was the general background.
GenoThePeoplesChamp
"The Peoples Champ"

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2009, 11:39:21 PM »

In times like this I think the professionals say it best, my friends Ben "Yahzee" Croshaw
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/284-Silent-Hill-Homecoming
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2009, 08:39:54 PM »

Huh, looking at the quote above reminds me to check out some of Ryu Murakami's work, I've been hearing good things about that and other books.

Anyways! A longish interview with Tomm Hulett with some interjections by Sam Barlow, the producer and lead designer respectively. I'm too easily scared to play most horror games, but what they want to do with the game and the reception it's received at E3 has me VERY interested in seeing just how good it turns out. Plus Gene Wolfe was cited as an influence, so that greatly increased my interest.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: