Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 27, 2014, 12:44:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338577 Posts in 13859 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Black Sigil: Blade of the Exiled for DS. Anyone have updates?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Print
Author Topic: Black Sigil: Blade of the Exiled for DS. Anyone have updates?  (Read 19880 times)
blackthirteen

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: June 23, 2009, 02:58:26 PM »

All in all, I think this game was a solid debut title from Studio Archcraft.  Here's hoping it won't be their last.

You remove the words from my mouth! :)
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: June 23, 2009, 05:21:16 PM »

There are people on cheapassgamer with retail copies that have said they've experienced freezing and crashing, and there is also a glitch involving changing the message speed which can result in crashes at some point in the game.

Again, I've tried recreating all these glitches people talk about on the various corners of the internet, and nothing.  My game runs just fine.  I've had no problems for over 30 hours.  Okay, there was an inconsequential error when Aurora reaches level 9, the bottom menu accidentally says 19.  And there was maybe one graphical glitch with a moving platform that's no worse than a camera getting hung up on a wall or something, which some people deem acceptable in major name titles.  I find it hard to believe that I got the "golden ticket" copy that doesn't freeze.  My retail copy is the same as anyone else's.  And my DS is a turquoise "fat" DS I bought used a couple years back so it's not like I have a special DS with magical powers either. 
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 08:22:49 AM by Dincrest » Logged

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
MonCapitan2002

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: June 24, 2009, 01:55:34 AM »

Since you are furrther along than I am, I have a quesiton.  I am currently exploring a library in the game.  I have managed to unseal the first section, but I am stuck on the second and can't figure out how to advance.  Do you have any tips that can help me?

Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: June 24, 2009, 08:04:52 AM »

Here's the deal:

Code:
There is a bookcase in the right half of the first section on a flight of stairs.  Click on that and you'll find a pit you can drop down.  Drop down the pit, get the book, and in the room on the left is the room where a staircase blocks the stairs.  Click the bookcases adjacent to it, they'll split up, and the blocking case will move out of the way. 
  I found this out by the "click everything" method.  Remember, one of the robes said that there are two ways into the 2nd tier.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 03:52:44 PM by Dincrest » Logged

Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: June 27, 2009, 05:21:33 PM »

Well, for what it's worth, my Black Sigil review went up yesterday.  It's no big reveal that I liked it. 

blackthirteen

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: June 28, 2009, 03:28:44 PM »

I have purchased Black Sigil and to confirm it the game freezes on my NDS. It means that I need to save regularly and cycle through different save slots to feel secure.

Other than this the game looks fantastic so far! I'm not a big fan of random encounters, but it's not as dramatic as most other RPGs using this system. My encounter rate is at every 10-15 steps. It's similar to Digital Devil Saga for this aspect.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 01:35:12 PM by blackthirteen » Logged
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: June 29, 2009, 06:56:30 AM »

Your copy froze?  That's discouraging, especially early on since the game really hits its stride after about 6-8 hours.  I had virtually no issues for the 40 hours I spent with the game. 

jphussey

hussman12
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: June 29, 2009, 12:47:26 PM »

Why do I get the feeling that I"m going to love this game.

I remember when I first got Suikoden for PS1. The thing froze because of one musical track if you saved and then tried to load during that track...

JP
blackthirteen

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: June 29, 2009, 01:33:42 PM »

Your copy froze?  That's discouraging, especially early on since the game really hits its stride after about 6-8 hours.  I had virtually no issues for the 40 hours I spent with the game. 

My game froze during a transition from a city to the worldmap (during my first hour of gameplay).

jphussey you will love the game if you're not one of those spoiled gamers that complain for unimportant issues (although high rate random encouters is a real issue).
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 01:36:52 PM by blackthirteen » Logged
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: June 29, 2009, 06:52:54 PM »

blackthirteen- JP is an even GREATER lover of old-school gaming than I am.

jphussey

hussman12
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: June 30, 2009, 03:13:41 PM »

But with a MAC, thus I cannot play some of the great INDIE RPGs,

JP
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: June 30, 2009, 06:49:56 PM »

I know, man.  It's like whenever I play/review some of those commercial RPGM titles like Eternal Eden or 3 Stars of Destiny I keep thinking "JP would love this game."  Some I think you'd like more than I did. 

jphussey

hussman12
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: June 30, 2009, 10:20:35 PM »

Maybe RPGFan will buy me a cheap PC so I can be our Fallback reviewer on the RPGM games.

:)

JP
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: July 04, 2009, 10:52:51 AM »

Well,as usual, the statement given about the crashing is bogus because my Amazon copy crashed 14 hours into it.  Granted I saw a crash earlier than that with AT 2, but it's still annoying.  Good thing I save often...a difficult thing to do in this game.

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
jphussey

hussman12
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: July 27, 2009, 09:08:35 AM »

I've been playing this one to much delight (thanks Neal!).

No bugs to report.

Also, I'm not sure what people are complaining about re: the encounter rate, it seems normal enough to me...

But then again, I am clearly the target audience.

Adieu.

JP
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: