Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2014, 06:42:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332888 Posts in 13640 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  The Helper Monkey
| | |-+  Xbox 360 question
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Xbox 360 question  (Read 1393 times)
Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« on: June 09, 2006, 07:07:33 AM »

I'm thinking of picking up a 360 pretty soon so that I can play Oblivion, and perhaps a few other things, like PGR 3.

What's confusing me a bit is the different systems. If I just buy the core system, does that mean that I can't take it online without buying a harddrive or something separately? And if that's the case, what will I be missing out on?

Thanks a lot.

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2006, 07:38:24 AM »

You can go online with the core pack and no HD - but you probably won't be able to download much. Even if you can download some of the files that're online, all of the demoes would simply be too big to fit on it.

Personally, I'd just jump for the Premium system - unlike the PS3, there isn't any essential hardware you'd miss out by just getting the Core system (unless chrome plated disc drives are a must have), but it's just more convinent, and probably cheaper, to get that and be done with it.
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2006, 09:24:43 AM »

Quote from: "Eusis"
You can go online with the core pack and no HD - but you probably won't be able to download much. Even if you can download some of the files that're online, all of the demoes would simply be too big to fit on it.

Personally, I'd just jump for the Premium system - unlike the PS3, there isn't any essential hardware you'd miss out by just getting the Core system (unless chrome plated disc drives are a must have), but it's just more convinent, and probably cheaper, to get that and be done with it.

Yeah, in the long run you are better of getting the premium system since even with the core you would still need to buy a memory card. That is about half of the difference in price right there. Not to mention the wireless controller. Just spend that little extra and get the premium. Otherwise don't even bother.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2006, 09:46:37 AM »

To be more specific, the core system is missing:

HardDrive (a given)
Wireless controller (core comes with a wired one)
HD AV cables (they also work as SDTV cables, but they can be handy for component, non-HD video)
Ethernet Cable
Xbox Live Headset
Shiny Chrome drive plate

If you want some american prices for comparison's sake (dunno british prices)... Core system is $300, Premium is $400, wireless controller is $50, and the Hard Drive is $100. I can't recall the other prices, but I think the memory cards are $40, and the HD cables are probably like $30 since Microsoft likes to overprice this stuff. I think just the two system prices and the price of the HD alone show how insanely better (genuinely or artifically) the premium system is.
Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2006, 06:55:08 PM »

The price difference here is 80, which is about $145, I think.

But if I need to buy a memory card with the core system, then I should just get the premium.

Thanks a lot guys.

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: