Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 19, 2014, 04:02:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
340965 Posts in 13937 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Castlevania - Lords of Shadow
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 Print
Author Topic: Castlevania - Lords of Shadow  (Read 28209 times)
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: March 24, 2011, 08:50:32 AM »

The next dlc should be very relevant to the plot. Even Reverie seems to have quite a bit of plot, people say that the ending is really good.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: March 25, 2011, 02:48:41 PM »

I don't base my opinions on Reviews or Word of Mouth. I go with my feelings on a game, movie, etc.  Example, Blue Stinger gets crapped on and it's one of my favorite Dreamcast games.

29 / Gamer / Collector / Certified Nerd

Currently Playing - Samurai Warriors 4 (PS4)
Waiting On - Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O (PS4), Final Fantasy XV (PS4), Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (PS4), Xenoblade Chronicles X, Star Fox, The Legend of Zelda, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: March 25, 2011, 04:35:45 PM »

I don't base my opinions on Reviews or Word of Mouth. I go with my feelings on a game, movie, etc.  Example, Blue Stinger gets crapped on and it's one of my favorite Dreamcast games.
huh? But that's kind of all we have to go on. I'm not willing to buy a game just because my gut tells me I might like it. I need confirmation of it's greatness(or even "good" ness). Reviews ARE generally right when collected in mass. The more people(reviewers) involved the better. It's also good to find a few that seem to jive with your tastes in games.

I had every intention of picking this up, but the reviews aren't helping. Add in the cost per content ratio and I may have to pass. I'd like to support Mercury Steam, but not for a half-assed product.

Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: Mistbron#3: Hero of Ages
Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: March 26, 2011, 12:35:43 PM »

Yes but reviews are their opinions and sometimes (sometimes) they say "Do not buy this game". I have alot of games that are considered rated in the low 40's or just mediocre like Dynasty Warriors series or Opoona or Shadow of Destiny and these are some of my favorite games.  If someone says "Do not buy this game, it sucks" i'm not going to be a sheep and do what they say.

Waiting On - Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O (PS4), Final Fantasy XV (PS4), Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (PS4), Xenoblade Chronicles X, Star Fox, The Legend of Zelda, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
hell_snake

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: March 26, 2011, 01:11:25 PM »

Yes but reviews are their opinions and sometimes (sometimes) they say "Do not buy this game". I have alot of games that are considered rated in the low 40's or just mediocre like Dynasty Warriors series or Opoona or Shadow of Destiny and these are some of my favorite games.  If someone says "Do not buy this game, it sucks" i'm not going to be a sheep and do what they say.

True. If I cared too much for reviews then I wouldn't have bought and enjoyed Clock Tower 2, Nier and Deadly Premonition for example.

But Castlevania: LoS has a 85 Metascore. WTF are we discussing here?

"An unanswered question is better than an unquestioned answer"
Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: March 26, 2011, 11:42:37 PM »

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/way-of-the-samurai-3

This for example, got a 58 and it's one of my favorite PS3 games. I've been a huge fan of this series since the 1st one in 2001.

Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: March 28, 2011, 08:35:55 PM »

I just picked up the limited edition at Gamestop, because they still had a copy.  They put the soundtrack CD into the box, and forgot to put the game in.  I am finally playing it now. 

I haven't read the first 10 pages out of fear of spoilers, but I'll say that the lore for the secondary weapons and things is pretty interesting.  The whole game reeks of quality production. 

Lament of Innocence nailed the exp system, RPG-lite inventory be damned.  Nothing compliments bloodlust better than getting experience points for slaughtering hordes.  I see that I can replay levels in this game, but a buddy said that leveling up doesn't make the game easier, but screw him.  I want to blood come out and numbers go up!

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: March 30, 2011, 11:25:38 AM »

Konami delayed the dlc for Europe AGAIN! They clearly said that it would be available this week. It went live in the US last week and the mod on the PS blog says it's ready to be published. WTF?!
I'm still keeping my hopes up that they won't charge 9.99 euro for this (which would be $14) and actually convert it which would be about 7 euro. That was the price for the dead space 2 dlc and is as much as I'm willing to pay for this.
Maybe second thoughts about the price is what's causing the delay. Whatever it is, they should have delayed it in every region, this is fucking ridiculous!

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: March 30, 2011, 01:53:48 PM »

Here's konami's half-assed explanation:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-03-30-castlevania-los-reverie-dlc-delayed

"Sadly it's delayed due to a last minute issue which we hope to have fixed shortly. Working with the Xbox team to resolve," Cox said.

Wait a sec.. the article says that the price in the UK will be 6.39, that's 7.26 euro. I guess they really are going to convert properly, I'm surprised.

Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: March 30, 2011, 02:28:38 PM »

This is why I hate Microsoft.  It seems like they always have delays or something going on.  Sorry, i'm just not having a good day and this just pissed me off,lol.

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: April 06, 2011, 10:40:14 AM »

Still no dlc this week. Konami says they still haven't fixed whatever xbox live issue is stopping them from uploading it. What a fucking joke. Because of this bullshit the European PSN isn't getting it either. They already released it a month ago in the US, what's the point of making European PS3 users wait for it to be available on xbox live? I could understand this if they hadn't released it anywhere but considering that American PS3 users already got it early what's the point of this shit? Fucking retards.

Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: April 06, 2011, 02:36:22 PM »

I just hope they make up for this by releasing both DLC's in a bundle for a nice price, or hell, it make free (Yeah right).

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: April 13, 2011, 10:58:09 AM »

Still no dlc, fixing that xboxlive bug is taking longer than the development of the dlc itself. In the meantime PS3 users can just shup up and wait because of microsoft's fuck up.

Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: April 14, 2011, 02:07:01 PM »

I doesn't really bother me anymore because I'm playing so many games here.  I have around 90+ games to play :(

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: April 14, 2011, 02:43:48 PM »

90?! Do you buy a new game every day?

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: