Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 27, 2014, 10:07:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338670 Posts in 13864 Topics by 2217 Members
Latest Member: milz
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Castlevania - Lords of Shadow
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 Print
Author Topic: Castlevania - Lords of Shadow  (Read 28000 times)
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: April 18, 2011, 01:00:49 AM »

I've basically have been buying cheap (amazon) or used (ebay) games since 2006 and i've beaten quite a bit of my games since then but with work and everything, it's very hard to complete a game.  Most of those games are SNES/PS1/Xbox/Saturn.

Currently Playing-The Evil Within
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: April 20, 2011, 08:35:11 AM »

DLC will go live today!

7.99, still a bit above the US price but I'll bite.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: April 20, 2011, 10:07:27 AM »

Not really sure how I feel about yet another GoW/DmC action game. Tons of them out these days, and I really liked the "Metroidvania" titles.

NOW PLAYING:
Final Fantasy XIII: The time has come...
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: April 20, 2011, 01:32:20 PM »

I'm currently downloading the DLC. I'm playing Samurai Warriors Chronicles while I wait.

Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: April 22, 2011, 06:44:18 AM »

Here's my experience with the dlc:

First all, it didn't feel that short to me, maybe it was because I had to play it in small bursts over 3 days. I also played on Knight to make it last a bit longer, turns out I had completely forgotten how to play the game and got completely owned in the first room where you're attacked by a bunch of monsters. Ater getting used to the combat I died several times in the following room because of an instant death platforming section which forced me to get familiar with the jumping mechanics again. I recently played through the entire tomb raider trilogy so I really had a hard time getting used to this again. Platforms crumble as you walk on them so there's no time to think if you need to press x or up to jump to the ledge above you lol. Then came the spinning blade section I heard so much about and yeah, it's annoying. All in all by the time I beat it I had died A LOT.
At this point I was familiar with the game again so the rest was smooth sailing.

I was surprised by how puzzle focused it is, combat really takes a back seat.
Fortunately the only part that is recycled from the main game is the first room, the rest is new. I thought the puzzles were good and the game looks as good as ever. The castle was one of my favorite parts in the main game so it was cool to see more of it.
I'm going to beat it on Paladin before the next dlc, which I'm anxious to play because of the way this one ends.

Ending spoiler:

Code:
So this is how becomes dracula.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: April 22, 2011, 03:00:00 PM »

Thats good to hear.  I didn't read the end spoiler you listed but I know I will enjoy this alot.  I'm trying to finish The 3rd Birthday and then I will come back to this.

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: June 09, 2011, 05:37:34 AM »

Fucking dlc is expensive, this chapter has 2 levels, I just beat the first and the second better not be as fucking short.

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: June 09, 2011, 09:26:39 AM »

Are you playing Resurrection? I think PS3 users don't get it for a couple weeks. Not cool.

Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: Mistbron#3: Hero of Ages
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: June 09, 2011, 09:55:51 AM »

Are you playing Resurrection? I think PS3 users don't get it for a couple weeks. Not cool.

What are you talking about? It's on PSN since yesterday.

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: June 09, 2011, 10:35:50 AM »

What are you talking about? It's on PSN since yesterday.
What the? I swear I read something about the 360 and PS3 versions being a few weeks apart. Anyway...
Impressions so far?

EDIT: I just checked the Castlevania FB page and the North American release dates are June 7th for the 360, and friggin' June 21st for the PS! Weird.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 10:42:39 AM by GrimReality » Logged

Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: Mistbron#3: Hero of Ages
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: June 09, 2011, 11:03:47 AM »

Don't buy it man! I'm being fucking serious here, I want my fucking money back, what a fucking rip-off! Holy shit this is fucking unbelievable, it's just a long ass boss fight, they made it hard as hell so people wouldn't blast through it in 15 minutes. Holy hell, you do some platforming in a boring cave, fight the same boss twice and that's it, I can't fucking believe this shit.

Oh, and the ending fucking sucks, it doesn't add anything to the main game's ending, hell, it doesn't add anything period. I really wish I hadn't bough it, I was so confident that this would be good, never again.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 11:22:42 AM by CDFN » Logged

Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: June 10, 2011, 01:38:13 PM »

I'm about to start both DLC's. I wanted to wait until both were out and now is the time to start it :)

Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: June 12, 2011, 01:07:15 AM »

Don't buy it man! I'm being fucking serious here, I want my fucking money back, what a fucking rip-off! Holy shit this is fucking unbelievable, it's just a long ass boss fight, they made it hard as hell so people wouldn't blast through it in 15 minutes. Holy hell, you do some platforming in a boring cave, fight the same boss twice and that's it, I can't fucking believe this shit.

Oh, and the ending fucking sucks, it doesn't add anything to the main game's ending, hell, it doesn't add anything period. I really wish I hadn't bough it, I was so confident that this would be good, never again.

Really, I just finished both DLC's today and I think it adds alot to the main games plot.  I don't want to spoil anything but you know that the epilogue of the main game makes more sense after playing Reverie and Resurrection.  I had a blast playing these two, even though both were very short, that's the only problem I had with them.  I can't wait to see the sequel as the DLC is finished.

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: June 12, 2011, 05:38:50 AM »

You serioulsy didn't feel ripped off by the ressurection dlc? Are you kidding me? It adds to the plot? Go in, kill monster, the end. Yeah, mindblowing stuff.

Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: June 12, 2011, 10:39:04 AM »

Yeah, it should have been cheaper but the cutscenes, The Forgotten One and the ending were great.  The part where your jumping on the rocks to prevent falling in the lava was a pain in the ass and the final boss fight isn't is cheap as people make it out to be, it took me three tries to beat him.  Of course, i'm an open minded person when it comes to things but I also enjoyed Lords of Shadow overall.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: