Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 04:30:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319776 Posts in 13047 Topics by 2147 Members
Latest Member: TacoBell_Lord
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Castlevania - Lords of Shadow
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14 Print
Author Topic: Castlevania - Lords of Shadow  (Read 24729 times)
Booboo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: October 26, 2010, 11:13:24 AM »

Yeah, I would like to know where can I find how big of a budget this game had and how well it sold

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: October 26, 2010, 11:28:43 AM »

Yeah, I would like to know where can I find how big of a budget this game had and how well it sold

http://www.vgchartz.com/home.php

I'm not sure how truly accurate their #'s are, but it's probably pretty close.
No idea on budget.

Playing: A Link Between Worlds
Reading: Cosmos by Carl Sagan
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: October 26, 2010, 11:47:09 AM »

There were plans for DLC and a sequel, I hope they don't give up on them because of the poor sales. It's a shame, if this keeps up there will be nothing but shooters on the market in a few years. This game obviously had a huge budget, 130000 copies is a joke, especially considering it's multiplat.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: October 26, 2010, 12:30:04 PM »

DLC? Didn't know about that, there's no info in what type of DLC is gonna be?
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 26, 2010, 12:31:48 PM »

Screw the Halos, Call of Dutys, and Fallouts. I want my Castlevanias and Metroids!

Man, Fallout was undoubtedly in the same position or lower than Castlevania before Bethesda bought it.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: October 26, 2010, 12:34:21 PM »

DLC? Didn't know about that, there's no info in what type of DLC is gonna be?

They mentioned 2 DLC packs and said they would somehow be related to the story.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: October 26, 2010, 12:44:43 PM »

They mentioned 2 DLC packs and said they would somehow be related to the story.

Oh nice, I like that kind of DLC. I hope it's not too expensive for the sake of my wallet.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: October 26, 2010, 01:49:55 PM »

Screw the Halos, Call of Dutys, and Fallouts. I want my Castlevanias and Metroids!

Man, Fallout was undoubtedly in the same position or lower than Castlevania before Bethesda bought it.
I know it doesn't seem to belong next to the other two. I only mentioned it because it seems to be selling like hotcakes despite all the problems it supposedly has. Like people are just SO desperate to get a game, any game. I don't get it.
It's like there's only a certain amount of games/series that sell like crazy, then everything else fights for the scraps. People need to look outside of the "Top Tens" a bit more.
Black Ops will be out soon. It's guaranteed to sell in the multiple millions. Why? So people can play another game just like the one they played a week ago?(Not to say Castlevania is all that original)
I would love so much to see it sell only 130,000 copies.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 26, 2010, 02:16:08 PM »

Actually, in the case of New Vegas it sounds like it captures the feel of the older games and is even more enjoyable for quite a few than Fallout 3 was even though there's a lot of problematic bugs. In a way that reminds me of Nier rather than, say, the latest Call of Duty; positive word of mouth is making people get the game despite the problems that it clearly has. Of course, people weren't lined up at midnight to get Nier either, but I'm seeing people talk about caving in and buying it when they intended to wait.
AJR
Totally groovy

Oh, this burning beard.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: October 26, 2010, 02:23:19 PM »

I don't understand why you'd get all angry at people liking certain types of games. People like what they like.

I know I'm more interested in Fallout: New Vegas than this. Not that it sounds like a bad game or anything, I just haven't really heard anything about it that's piqued my interest.

Earth-2.net is a website where I occasionally type words about entertaining pieces of media.
Booboo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: October 26, 2010, 02:32:59 PM »

I don't understand why you'd get all angry at people liking certain types of games. People like what they like.

I know I'm more interested in Fallout: New Vegas than this. Not that it sounds like a bad game or anything, I just haven't really heard anything about it that's piqued my interest.

Maybe you should of stimulated your interest yourself. By reading some corporate "reviews" or watching a trailer you don't accomplish much, you should go ahead and try it. If you have any interest whatsoever in action games and popular folk (and Castlevania lore) you should definitely give it a whirl.

On another note, it's sad that you guys are pretty much right and on my same bandwidth with the fact that the market is plagued by the same uninspired shooter garbage and etc.. I really hope they consider a 2nd part because it would be such a waste of good talent.

Uru

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: October 26, 2010, 04:13:03 PM »

re-playing through on paladin right now, love the fighting (not quite up to god of war level, but still nice), and love feeling like a bad ass with all my combos. I just started using the sub-weapons since i felt it was cheating before. The downside is, now theres nothing to do...
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: October 26, 2010, 06:31:21 PM »

Very true. People can play whatever they want. But why do so many play the same games over and over again? Why do 4-5 million(+++) people buy those games, and a much, much smaller amount buy this one, or Metroid? You know reviews have nothing to do with it, or Medal of Honor or FO:NV wouldn't be doing as well as they are.
Why does this bother me? Because I want more Castlevanias and Metroids to be made. And maybe a few less FPS clones.
Basically, I hate seeing something like this fail. They've obviously put a ton of work into it, but no one seems to care. They'd rather play Call of Duty 456.
Whatever.
(btw, Nier has sold even less over more time. Only 90,000 copies in the U.S. 390G worldwide, so that's not too bad)

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: October 26, 2010, 06:59:56 PM »

Nier has been ridiculously cheap lately so I guess that helped. I posted a link to a site that was selling the game for fucking 12 euros and the game was in the site's top 10 PS3 games for several months.

Looking at the sales numbers of the past weeks I'd say that castlevania and enslaved canibalized each other a lot. I've seen a lot of people on forums saying that they were undecided between the 2. Then there's medal of honor which isn't exactly the same demographic but people only have so much money to spend on games so they go for the big names.
Some games just call all the attention to themselves, people walk inside a store and don't even give smaller games a chance, all you see is MOH and COD posters and chances are you'll be walking out of the store with one of those.

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: October 26, 2010, 07:30:39 PM »

Nier has been ridiculously cheap lately so I guess that helped. I posted a link to a site that was selling the game for fucking 12 euros and the game was in the site's top 10 PS3 games for several months.

I wish it was ridiculously cheap around here. It's still almost full price everywhere. Even online the cheapest I can find it(new) is +/-$34. I may just spring for it. I'm getting tired of waiting.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: