Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2014, 08:20:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
337990 Posts in 13836 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Any word on Another Code R (Trace Memory 2)?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Any word on Another Code R (Trace Memory 2)?  (Read 1599 times)
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« on: June 04, 2009, 05:35:11 PM »

Has there been any announcements regarding a US release of Another Code R? I was really looking forward to it, especially since it's sitting there already translated for Europe.

Also, is there any way of importing from Europe, or does the Japanese version contain english?

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 05:47:59 PM »

Also, is there any way of importing from Europe, or does the Japanese version contain english?

There's homebrew. That might be slightly dubious to talk about, but you'd need to go further to pirate than you would to simply play imports. Anyways, I haven't heard of any news for a US release (asked about this in the E3 thread actually!) and apparently the UK dub has a British accent that may imply they don't plan to bring it here. Kind of a shame really, Professor Layton showed they could drag a game back up and make popular, they probably could do the same with the Trace Memory series.
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 06:12:04 PM »

Wow, that's aweful. Give me a one word answer, since it's a bit taboo... but is modding my Wii to play European games a total pain in the ass that could destroy the system? My girlfriend and I were huge fans of Trace Memory, and I'd love for us to be able to play the sequel.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 06:30:45 PM »

Give me a one word answer, since it's a bit taboo... but is modding my Wii to play European games a total pain in the ass that could destroy the system?

Not a pain in the ass, and slight risk of bricking a system. All you really need is an SD card of respectable size, you can look up the rest yourself.
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2009, 08:26:57 PM »

I don't think talking about Wiibrew is particularily against the rules in this case, since it's in regards to playing an actual game.  I mean, we're importing the game from Euroland as soon as possible and we'll need Wiibrew to play it.  So, yeah.  No thievery going on here.

Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2009, 09:19:11 PM »

There was absolutely zero Trace Memory 2 / Another Code R on the showfloor, nor did any publisher we talked to mention plans to publish it. But that could change.

Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2009, 09:26:09 PM »

The Japanese version of the game is a novel-full of pure Japanese text.  If you want to understand it without knowing Japanese intimately, you'll need to get the Euro version.

That's what I'm doing anyway.  <3 Trace Memory.

And Eusis is right on with the risks of Wiibrew.  It's very easy, and the risk of bricking is almost nil.  Just watch out, there's two programs that you can use but one is significantly more problem-strewn than the other.  Just do your research.
Myau
Yeeeaaah!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2009, 10:20:38 PM »

I wouldn't look at the Limey voicetrack and assume the worst entirely. Fire Emblem DS had a completely different translation (and most importantly, Shiida was still called Shiida and not Caeda), and that was of course a first party title.

TBH, the main homebrew website may be safe to link, since they don't provide information on any programs that can run copies. But it's not like they didn't bring this on themselves. I'm still pissed at Nintendo for blocking the Freeloader swap disc around the time when Brawl came out. And the Gamecube Freeloader, they *really* crossed that line for me when they blocked that.

Nintendo: HOW DARE YOU PLAY YOUR LEGITIMATE FOREIGN GAMES *ban hammer*.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 10:22:53 PM by Myau » Logged

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2009, 11:31:04 PM »

I should probably also note that the stance of one of the bigger names in homebrewing is to stay the hell away from Piracy. They even called out on Nintendo making homebrew harder yet failing to effectively block piracy.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: