Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 22, 2014, 07:46:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329449 Posts in 13498 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Knights in the Nightmare
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Knights in the Nightmare  (Read 4380 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« on: June 05, 2009, 08:52:29 PM »

It's out this week and no one's talking about it? Well, it arrived today and I'm liking it. You really do need to go through the First Steps though, and even if you did the tutorial demo it's worth going over again since I died on the first battle from forgetting half of it.
Jet16

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009, 10:22:19 PM »

Yeah, it's complicated but fun as hell. You pretty much have to go through the tutorial or you won't know what the hell you're doing. Definitely a great purchase.
Draak

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 12:01:05 AM »

The reviews I've read so far we mostly positive, which is good. Can't wait to play this one, but only god knows when I will receive my copy.

Did you people get the artbook?
Jet16

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2009, 12:04:04 AM »

Yeah, but the spoiler alert kept me from reading through it. I learned my lesson from going through the P4 art book before finishing the game. From what I glanced at, it's pretty sweet.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2009, 12:33:46 AM »

Got it yesterday but I want to finish both Riviera and Yggra Union before cracking this one open.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2009, 11:50:11 AM »

Riviera and Yggdra Union don't really have anything to do with each other, despite Sting claiming they are in a series together.  Play them in whatever order you want, especially since Sting released the games out of order anyway.

I've been playing it, but I'm only on the third battle and don't really feel like I can give a good assessment of the game.  One thing that's put me off a little is how hard it is to restore Vit, especially since the third map gives you a guy with like, 10.  How am I even supposed to use him if he'll die in a couple of attacks?
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2009, 06:06:51 PM »

Riviera and Yggdra Union don't really have anything to do with each other, despite Sting claiming they are in a series together.  Play them in whatever order you want, especially since Sting released the games out of order anyway.

I've been playing it, but I'm only on the third battle and don't really feel like I can give a good assessment of the game.  One thing that's put me off a little is how hard it is to restore Vit, especially since the third map gives you a guy with like, 10.  How am I even supposed to use him if he'll die in a couple of attacks?

You're not supposed to restore VIT. Generally it's smart to just keep one of each type of knight (hermit, priestess, etc) and then TransSoul all the others to keep them alive.

Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2009, 11:48:07 PM »

I dunno, I honestly see the battle system as being to convoluted to be fun.  But maybe thats just me.  It looks cool though..lol.

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2009, 04:54:30 AM »

Well, as far as I can tell only this was released out of order, with a nebulous MMO planned as Episode III. But that doesn't negate how they're unrelated. Hell, I have yet to finish Riviera (lost the cart for too long) or Yggdra Union (just one game in a swarm of them), but I started up on this anyway. I also temporarily grabbed a used copy of the GBA game in order to get the unlock bonuses; I followed it in spirit by getting the PSP game so I may as well get the bonuses.
Noobien
The Random Clueless Guy of The Forums

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2009, 05:19:24 AM »

it's...unique to say the least...

Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2009, 03:40:11 PM »

Just got it a couple days ago and I love it. It's not nearly as complicated is everyone was making it out to be. Once you go through the first steps and figure out how to play the game it's a lot of fun.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2009, 05:05:48 PM »

Just got it a couple days ago and I love it. It's not nearly as complicated is everyone was making it out to be. Once you go through the first steps and figure out how to play the game it's a lot of fun.

um...it might be a little more complicated than you presently realize. Good luck with some of the earlier boss fights, and I wish you much luck if you take on anything other than "Normal" mode. Bullet-hell dodging + Strategy RPG is one insane combo.

Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2009, 05:46:25 PM »

um...it might be a little more complicated than you presently realize. Good luck with some of the earlier boss fights, and I wish you much luck if you take on anything other than "Normal" mode. Bullet-hell dodging + Strategy RPG is one insane combo.

You seem to be talking more about difficulty than the actual complexity of the game, though. If that's the case, I look forward to more challenge. The third battle I was already having a little trouble with. I didn't realize my Knight could move forward in Chaos phase.

Is there a hard mode after you beat the game the first time?

"Oh, a hunter..."
Draak

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2009, 07:51:57 PM »

Yup, there's Hard and Nightmare modes. Not sure if you need to beat the game in Hard to unlock Nightmare.
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2009, 05:41:21 PM »

Yup, there's Hard and Nightmare modes. Not sure if you need to beat the game in Hard to unlock Nightmare.

Sounds good to me. I just made it past the third boss, and it was quite a challenge.

Is anyone else playing this game? Maybe this type of game isn't for the people of RPGfan. :(

"Oh, a hunter..."
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: