Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2014, 04:59:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319264 Posts in 13035 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Cabal Online
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Cabal Online  (Read 974 times)
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« on: June 08, 2009, 10:11:33 PM »

After reading the news article about OG Planet, I checked out Cabal.  I am really liking it, and is one of the only "Korean style" MMO's I have been able to really get into (SMT: Imagine and to a lesser extent RF Online make up the other two).

When I started, I noticed how different the game was from what the trailer showed.  The trailer looked like any western MMO, yet this played like any other click-to-move MMO.  I was put off at first, but soon became addicted to the quest system.  If you've played RF Online (a game that Cabal has a lot in common with), you'll notice that quests are spoon fed to you in the same way.  You have a quest log with a list of available quests, and an "in progress" tab that shows which ones you've accepted.  As you level up or complete previous quests in a chain, more become available.  It's very convenient, and the best part is that quests have real content in them.  There is a lot of meaningful content if you stop and read everything, however, the translation is difficult to describe.  It's hard to find technical flaws in it, and it's hard to call it a literal translation.  It sounds like people making strange metaphors I'd never think to use, yet are somehow correct.  It makes for a stuttery read, but what is talked about is interesting, and the storytelling builds up as you progress.  It's what drew me in to see the rest that the game had to offer.

The music is really different.  There are vocals, and even what sounds like lyrics at times.  There is heavy metal with funky bass lines, classical guitar, among other types. 

I dunno.  It's just not as stuffy or inaccessible as most MMO's of this type.  I'm obviously not a reviewer, but I think this is a very respectable game and something should be said about it.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 10:13:04 PM by Fei » Logged

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: