Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2014, 01:56:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331678 Posts in 13579 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Prototype
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Prototype  (Read 2296 times)
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« on: June 09, 2009, 09:05:29 PM »

So this was released today, picked up the last copy and gamestop an hour ago.  Played through only a little bit but I'm pretty darn impressed so far.  I guess I really don't have to much else to say at the moment so...

Anyone else pick it up today? 

Your impressions?

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 12:21:30 AM »

I'm waiting for reviews.

It's by the same people who did Hulk Ultimate Destruction for PS2, so I'm intrigued.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 12:34:36 AM »

Associate at a Gamestop kept saying it's awesome and stuff and was telling me to get it, but I was only interested in two things: Buying my copy of Rune Factory Frontier and still waiting on preservations to show up for Fragile.

From the vids and stuff I've seen so far, it looks cool....but I need to see more gameplays of the game.

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 05:05:29 PM »

I'm hoping there'll be a demo at some point that will allow me to try it out before buying.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Serene Prophet

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009, 08:37:19 PM »

Well I got to play more of it.  Definitely pretty crazy, the story has only gotten started so none of the really cool stuff, but the combat is really fun.  The reviews seem quite broad.  On metacritic there were reviews as high as 98 to as low as like 75, so haha.

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2009, 08:07:46 PM »

Apparently there is a bug in the PS3 version which won't let you install the game.

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/06/10/ps3-version-of-prototype-features-inst...

And this is from Activision?

After the Brutal Legend crap, I don't care if it's good or not, I'm not buying it.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
AJR
Totally groovy

Oh, this burning beard.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2009, 09:10:27 AM »

Activision is the publisher, yeah.

But the game was made by Radical Entertainment, the guys behind Hulk: Ultimate Destruction.

Earth-2.net is a website where I occasionally type words about entertaining pieces of media.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2009, 02:53:49 PM »

After the Brutal Legend crap, I don't care if it's good or not, I'm not buying it.

Get it used! Or rent it, whatever.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2009, 04:12:00 PM »

I picked this one up today and I have to say that it's really quite fun. The only issues are the not quite up to snuff graphics and the occasionally loopy controls(happens sometimes when the combat gets crazy).  I'm not much for causing destruction just for the sake of it in these "open world" games but it's oddly enjoyable so far. The story seems good too although I'm very early in. The number of moves and powers to unlock/buy seems very large and it has gore and foul language in spades:D  I have a feeling i'll be playing this to completion as I did with Infamous recently.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Harlequin

Hi, I'm swedish

harlequin@stockholm.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2009, 07:32:00 PM »

I'm having a blast with this game as well. Combat can be a bit of a clusterfuck and some missions really do take the piss but all-in-all it's just a really fun game. Probably wasn't worth paying retail price for though, but I can always sell it when I'm done ;)

Be awesome instead.
N-Sef
Dinner! Dinner! Dinner!

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2009, 02:18:02 AM »

Prototype was such an impulse buy for me. I played it for about 10 minutes in-store and I just had to have it, it was so much fun. I'm yet to start it though.
Serene Prophet

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2009, 12:32:11 AM »

Yeah at like 40 it would be highly recommended, as it is Id say rent it.  Its fun, but it can be frustrating at times.  With the loopy combat and whatnot. 

jello44

We have visitors!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2009, 01:55:57 AM »

I saw this in Gamestop used a few days ago when they were having their b2g1 free sale (along with Ghostbusters as well). Thought about picking the both of them up; but couldn't find a game that I really wanted in that price range, and didn't have much time to look for anything else because I had to run to work. I went back the next day to find it gone. Ah well, I can wait, it'll drop in price soon enough. I've got a backlog that needs to be chopped at anyway.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: