Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 23, 2014, 07:39:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327270 Posts in 13401 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Steam sales topic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Steam sales topic  (Read 3605 times)
Roger S. Huxley

rogershuxley9
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2009, 11:43:40 PM »

Lots of stuff this weekend. Two racing games, Trial 2 and Monster Truck Nitro are sold together in a pack with a 85% rebate (yeah you read that right). Apparently the games are pretty good.

Assassin's Creed and Splinter Cell : Double Agent are off by 50% as well, that's a great deal right there.

Capcom's sheep herd simulator FLOCK! is off by 50% too, and it now has achievements!

All MumboJumbo's games are off 50%, they're all "casual" puzzle games I think, they don't look particularly fun either >_>

Finally, the Freedom Force games, which are strategy RPGs apparently, are off by a tiny 10%. But that sale made me aware of the, and they got pretty good reviews. I might get them, looks entertaining.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2009, 11:48:49 PM »

Finally, the Freedom Force games, which are strategy RPGs apparently, are off by a tiny 10%. But that sale made me aware of the, and they got pretty good reviews. I might get them, looks entertaining.

Oh, thanks for pointing that out. I already had the first, but I got the Macintosh version, and I'm not dragging out the one I got it for just to play it. I'm not even sure it'd run on newer ones, from what I've seen the Macs have been terrible for backwards compatible gaming.

Edit: Changed Mac OSes to Macs since everything from code to CPU changes gets in the way.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 11:52:06 PM by Eusis » Logged
Roger S. Huxley

rogershuxley9
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2009, 11:30:10 PM »

In the post-E3 chaos, we've got some deals on personal favourites of mine, the Penumbra games.
You can get both Penumbra Overture and Penumbra Black Plague gold edition for a grand total of 5$.

They're survival horror/FPS, and definitely more oriented towards survival. And believe me, Overture is one of the most motherfucking scariest game I've ever, EVER, played. And not scary as in you'll jump once in every 5 minutes, it's the whole atmosphere, something very few games manage to accomplish.

Get them while they're cheap, it's a worthy buy.
Jet16

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2009, 11:42:20 PM »

Nice, thanks for the updates, man. I would've missed that one and I have had my eyes on those games for a while.
Roger S. Huxley

rogershuxley9
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2009, 04:38:32 PM »

Plenty of stuff on sale right now, again. First, a bunch of MMOs ; the most recent Everquest II expansion pack is 75% off. Eve Online and Age of Conan are 50% off, the Guild Wars Trilogy is 20% off (and there are no subscription fee!)

Dark Sector, an action shooter game is 50% off as well.

Bethesda has some games on sales now as well. Oblivion and Morrowind, including both Game of the Year versions are 20%. I don't like them, but they're great games.

Strategy First also has more games ready to be bought. Ankh 2 and Ankh 3 are adventure games, apparently pretty funny and interesting. To add to those two, BC Kings, a RTS with adventure and RPG elements, as well as Port Royale 2, a commercial empire building game. All off 20%.
Roger S. Huxley

rogershuxley9
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2009, 12:36:15 AM »

Two good deals this weekend. Zeno Clash is 50% off and has new content. It's an action game, pretty good apparently.

More interestingly, there's a Heroes pack on sale. You get Heroes of Might and Magic V, both expansions and Dark Messiah of M&M, all for 20$.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: