Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 26, 2014, 03:20:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327473 Posts in 13409 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Holy crap, she's legal!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Holy crap, she's legal!  (Read 3825 times)
Marshmallow

OH NO OH NO OH NO

AuroMarshmallow
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2009, 12:57:35 AM »

I'd like it if some major scientific breakthrough came out of this. I'd love to just not age, but obviously from this point instead of from a baby.

ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2009, 01:50:28 AM »

I'm guessing Roger is not from America but rather from a country where 16 is legal.  I think 16 is legal in England, maybe Australia and New Zealand as well, but I'm not sure. 

16 is indeed the legal age in New Zealand.

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2009, 02:50:19 AM »

Brain tumors, stroke, and surgery after surgery? Damn, she's got a healing factor that puts Wolverine to shame. Thank god she doesn't have claws protruding from her knuckles.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2009, 07:40:51 AM »

Brain tumors, stroke, and surgery after surgery? Damn, she's got a healing factor that puts Wolverine to shame. Thank god she doesn't have claws protruding from her knuckles.

Indeed - can you imagine toddler Wolverine?  I think anyone who's ever seen a toddler knows that's a recipe for a bad time.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Fred Flintstone

Yabba Dabba Doo!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2009, 12:23:22 PM »

I remember reading in a medical journal about a condition where a person ages too fast (thus they get all wrinkly and old looking at around 10 years old) and cuts their life span short, but this is the first time I've heard of something like this. Apparently it can go both ways.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progeria
Roger S. Huxley

rogershuxley9
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2009, 01:00:19 PM »

Yeah progeria is even creepier. Must be really terrible for parents knowing that your kid is condemned :s

I wonder how long that girl in this case will live though. If she gets past 20 or even 30, that'd be completely crazy.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2009, 05:37:31 PM »

It's awwwwwwright.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Lucca
AMG A GIRL

SUGAR PEAS!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2009, 08:36:27 PM »

I'm a little person and I've seen kids suffering from Progeria at Little People of America conventions.

What's sad about Progeria is mentally they ARE kids. They run around with their friends, play, etc, but they're physically OLD. Most don't even make it past their mid-teens. Just sad.

As to the little girl herself, I've never seen anything like that before. The article didn't go too much on what ages and what doesn't, did it? I'm curious.

Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2009, 08:42:12 PM »

I'd like it if some major scientific breakthrough came out of this. I'd love to just not age, but obviously from this point instead of from a baby.

I'm down for immortality.  Doubt they'll extract that much information from the kid though.

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: