Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 05:39:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330153 Posts in 13528 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Superbosses
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Superbosses  (Read 8345 times)
littlewing

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2009, 09:52:36 PM »

I don't bother with super bosses either. By the time I get to the end of the game I just want to beat the final boss and see the ending credits roll. I definitely wouldn't bother about the super bosses that require extra leveling up/equipment or are available only after beating the final boss. I'm also not that much of a completionist.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2009, 01:53:38 AM »

Yismat embodies everything I hate about Superbosses. Stupid amounts of HP and the only real strategy is to fight until you can't fight no more, fall back to recharge, and return to rinse and repeat. The only reward for beating him is so that you can fight Omega Mk XII for the second item needed for the Wyrmhero blade
Code:
aka the Sword of Kings i.e. Roto/Loto's Sword otherwise known as The Sword of Edrick.

Superbosses that I liked were Solid Arm and Deathmoore (the latter from which I derived an earlier version of my current user name from).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Danakir

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2009, 10:21:27 AM »

You want a real superdungeon w/ superboss, take on Via Infinito in FFX-2. There's really only one way to win: "Catnip." If you've played the game, you know what I'm talkin about.

So very true.

~My melody of life, rhyming to memento mori...
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2009, 11:49:41 AM »

i love super bosses. i beat all the extra bosses in SO3 includinging freya. cleared SG 10 times? in VP2 to get angel slayer. beat iseria/ethereal queen in radiata stories. also cleared ragu o ragula in wild arms 5. since i'm all for gameplay anything that extends the game after the main story is good times. especially in tri Ace games where you tend to get more moves for your characters that you dont get access to in the main game.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Raziel

Megaten Fan

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2009, 12:26:37 PM »

As long as the game has an interesting battle system, or the superbosses aren't cheap like hell, I'm up for it.

This means, of course, pretty much never, unless we are talking about Megami Tensei games.

Madoka

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2009, 02:12:26 PM »

I have such a back-log of games that I usually don't go for the superbosses. I have beaten a few, but I won't grind to beat them. By the time I get to the end of the game, I just want to beat the final boss and bask in the glow of victory. In the last game I finished, Atelier Iris 2, I just ran from all the random battles in the final dungeon to get to the end.
N-Sef
Dinner! Dinner! Dinner!

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2009, 09:19:19 AM »

I love the super boss fights as well, especially Demi-Fiend in Digital Devil Saga. That battle was both epic and brutal wrapped up in awesome music.
SamSoNight

NOT a FF7 fanboy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2009, 11:43:42 AM »

Well while you could win against the super bosses in the old FFs, I think you spend too much time in the newer FFs to prepare for the battle. You keep grinding and grinding until you have that super armor, that wtfpwn ability etc. Then you go to GameFags GameFaqs, get the idiot-proof strategy and repeat each step until the quad-drillion HP of the boss go down. My point is: the old FF super bosses didn't have uber stats and HP in the 7 digit area, but they were still hard enough. You could beat them if you had the nerves. However, the super bosses since FF7 require almost perfect set up and a tactic you have to follow pendatically.

Yes, I like NGE :>
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2009, 12:25:46 PM »

This is one of the rasons I liked the "super bosses" in Lost Odyssey.  There was usually some kind of "trick" to the battle, but there were usually plenty of other wasy to win as well.  With just a little thought and planning, you usually didn't have to grind at all to beat most of them.
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2009, 01:12:42 PM »

Well while you could win against the super bosses in the old FFs, I think you spend too much time in the newer FFs to prepare for the battle. You keep grinding and grinding until you have that super armor, that wtfpwn ability etc. Then you go to GameFags GameFaqs, get the idiot-proof strategy and repeat each step until the quad-drillion HP of the boss go down. My point is: the old FF super bosses didn't have uber stats and HP in the 7 digit area, but they were still hard enough. You could beat them if you had the nerves. However, the super bosses since FF7 require almost perfect set up and a tactic you have to follow pendatically.

This is why most superbosses are pointless, they required no strategy, since there is only one way to win, and it's usually due to an exploit in the game's mechanics.
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2009, 02:31:24 PM »

Then you go to GameFags GameFaqs

There are very few restrictions on language here at RPGFan, however, dirrogetory terms like the N word and the F word are not highly appreciated.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2009, 03:13:41 PM »

There are very few restrictions on language here at RPGFan, however, dirrogetory terms like the N word and the F word are not highly appreciated.

Neither is one lowly scrub telling another lowly scrub what they can or can't do.

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2009, 03:23:33 PM »

Uh oh, here comes the internet police!

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2009, 03:42:16 AM »

I only beat FF7's and FFX's superbosses. Via Infinito kicked my ass. Otherwise I'm rather too lazy to fight them. I didn't even bother with Persona 3's, if you can call the reaper and uh, that pother secret boss, superbosses. :P

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2009, 08:09:34 AM »

Can the Reaper really be called a "super" boss when you can kill him in one hit?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: