Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 05:09:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334828 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Michael Jackson dead.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print
Author Topic: Michael Jackson dead.  (Read 9508 times)
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2009, 05:35:00 PM »

Double post, but who cares.  I figure there are some who still are unaware of this video (game related):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbVM-l2Oku4
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2009, 09:31:00 PM »

nice find Jason! I'll be mentioning this in my podcast @ Gameosaurus. Very interesting.

Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2009, 01:10:49 AM »

Smooth Criminal gets my vote for best MJ song as well. I played my old "Moonwalker"  game today for nostalgia. huzzah!

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: June 27, 2009, 01:49:43 AM »

Smooth Criminal is certainly my favorite MJ music video, but I dunno if I'd say it's my favorite song.
SonicDeathMonkey

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2009, 01:58:19 AM »

Really?? The "Smooth Criminal" video is one of my least favorites. Everything in that video is either blurry fast-forward, slow-mo, or random Moonwalker clips. It's probably the only MJ song that I enjoy much more without the video.
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2009, 03:12:43 AM »

Meh, whatever Jackson was, he didn't strike me as a pedophile. A man who was deprived of being a child and growing up? Yes. His father pushed him and all his siblings hard, often to the breaking point. Jackson didn't get to live as a child at all. While some of the other kids were pushed pretty hard, he stood out as the top talent, and for that he was used as an asset, not raised as a boy.

I did once believe he was a pedophile, before I really learnt about his past and broadened my view on psychology. Now I just think he was trying to reclaim his childhood. He was addled, even crazy, but not in a dangerous way. He honestly believed in things like equality and the promotion of peace, and for that he should be remembered. Sure he made great music, but he was also very active as a humanitarian. I won't mourn him in the long run, but it's sad to see him go. Maybe it's for the best, considering how much of his dignity had been shredded in the passage of time.
MonCapitan2002

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2009, 03:17:46 AM »

Since I believe he was a pedophile, all I can say is that I am glad the monster is dead.

And if you were wrong? You said you BELIEVE he was a pedophile, which isn't the same as KNOWING he is.
Then I would be wrong and have to re-evaluate my assessment of him.  At this point, it will never be known whether or not he was in spite of my belief he was.  With him dead and his victim not talking (or even identified), we'll never know.

One thing I do find utterly staggering is the amound of debt he incurred when you consider just how much money he made.  I read in my local paper that over a 25 year period he made around three quarters of a billion dollars.  The lifestyle he lead must have been completely unsustainable in order for him to have accumulate the massive debt he had.

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2009, 06:20:43 AM »

I find this relevant

MonCapitan2002

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2009, 01:09:55 PM »

I was just watching the video for Thriller over on Youtube.  It more qualifies as a short film since it is over 14 minutes in length.  What I find strange about the video is that he seemed so normal in it.  If I knew nothing about the that happened in the 27 following the release of that video, I never would have thought his life would have turned out as it did.

The second thought that occurred to me is how I hard I find it to believe that it would have been aired uninterrupted in its entirety at the time considering how television content rarely lasts that long between commercial breaks.  It gives you an idea just how different the TV market was 27 years ago.

Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2009, 02:16:04 PM »

I think this is the most relevant thing in this thread.

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2009, 02:58:43 PM »

Add another vote for Billie Jean.

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
Lord Scottish

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: June 27, 2009, 03:42:14 PM »

The second thought that occurred to me is how I hard I find it to believe that it would have been aired uninterrupted in its entirety at the time considering how television content rarely lasts that long between commercial breaks.  It gives you an idea just how different the TV market was 27 years ago.

There was a shorter version, wasn't there?

Personally, I don't think the Thriller video has aged very well. It comes off as a bit cheesy these days, imo.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: June 27, 2009, 04:46:49 PM »

Looking at all the Jacksons and given how f'd up their childhoods were, I think Michael and LaToya were easily the most sensitive of the children and thus were the most affected by the chlidhood trauma.  People think both are/were batshit insane.  Janet turned out reasonably normal as did Jermaine, Tito, Freddie, and the others.  Perhaps they were just more resilient. 

And, yes, there was an edited version of Thriller.  Other artists have made 10-15 minute movie videos (i.e. Metallica's The Unforgiven) but their edited versions were what was most shown on MTV.  I wonder, would a 12 minute movie video like The Unforgiven even come to be, had MJ not pioneered that concept with Thriller? 

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: June 27, 2009, 11:11:43 PM »

Add another vote for Billie Jean.

Me too.  Song owns.

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: June 27, 2009, 11:50:54 PM »

From my understanding and everything I've seen, Jackson had some regressionist disorder. In other words, he never considered himself an *adult*. So yeah, maybe he did sleep in bed with younger cihldren, but he didn't see *himself* as *older* than them, and there wasn't anything sexual going on because he wasn't even sexually mature enough to pursue that sort of contac.

Also I've heard his plastic surgery described as a way of trying to look as little like his father as possible or, alternately, a failed attempt to look as *young* as possible.

He probably had undiagnosed schizophrenia or something too, relaly.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: