Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2014, 04:21:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332823 Posts in 13638 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Agarest: Generations of War confirmed for European release.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Agarest: Generations of War confirmed for European release.  (Read 2944 times)
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: June 25, 2009, 08:25:59 PM »

oh yah !

Totally importing this.  Can't wait to populate my army by impregnating women.

Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009, 08:44:59 PM »

holy crap.

*crosses fingers for US release to follow*

Dizzy

死ぬがよい

awe.of.she.1@gmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2009, 11:11:13 PM »

Oh, nice. I was about to import the JP360 version next week, but now I don't have to. ;o

Myau
Yeeeaaah!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2009, 11:56:55 PM »

>>Ghostlight, the company that published Digital Devil Saga in the UK

Guys, this company is the reason you can get DDS 1 and 2 for like $10 each in the UK. Hopefully they'll overproduce this too.

Jet16

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2009, 12:24:12 AM »

holy crap.

*crosses fingers for US release to follow*

At least if it isn't announced you can import it and play it in English with little difficulty. Though, I don't know if I'll bite, I'll have to read up on the game a bit more past impregnating women.
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2009, 03:10:29 AM »

Wait, there is an European releasedate for a JRPG that doesn't even have a publisher in the US? That's like a once a decade event!

Tales of Eternia doesn't count.

Agarest: Generations of War is mostly remembered for its dating sim style elements where Leonheart, the hero, and one of the female characters can “breed” a new character.

Not exactly new. Fire Emblem: Seisen no Keifu let you "breed" a whole new generation (of statistically superior uber characters).
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2009, 04:17:19 AM »

Of course you can do the same thing in PS3 although the choices are a bit more straight forward in that particular case.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2009, 06:24:49 AM »

Pfft, I already did the whole mating thing in a strategy game back in Genghis Khan II: Clan of the Gray Wolf.  It's too bad the company that's doing this is pretty much unknown and/or insane (edit: hmm, different company than in the original article) because it's quirky enough that it'd probably make me think about getting a PS3.  Not that the game would EVER be released in the U.S.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 06:48:30 AM by Ryos » Logged

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2009, 08:02:00 AM »

Dunno about the developer, but the publisher, Ghostlight, is a fairly good publisher. Like Atlus, they sometimes throw in a free OST. Unlike Atlus, they actually print enough copies of the games they publish. The only thing I never understood is why they changed SMT3's titel from Nocturne to Lucifer's Call.
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2009, 08:24:17 AM »

Dunno about the developer, but the publisher, Ghostlight, is a fairly good publisher. Like Atlus, they sometimes throw in a free OST. Unlike Atlus, they actually print enough copies of the games they publish. The only thing I never understood is why they changed SMT3's titel from Nocturne to Lucifer's Call.

Atlus changed the name.  It WAS originally Lucifer's Call, but Atlus didn't want the name "LUCIFER" sprawled across the box of a game that was shipping to traditionally uber-christian and uptight America.
erwos

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2009, 08:43:16 AM »

Atlus changed the name.  It WAS originally Lucifer's Call, but Atlus didn't want the name "LUCIFER" sprawled across the box of a game that was shipping to traditionally uber-christian and uptight America.
More like "Nocturne is a much better name". They didn't have any qualms using Digital _Devil_ Saga.
DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2009, 08:46:12 AM »

Um, no it wasn't, there wasn't anything with that name until 18 months after the Japanese release. The original title of the director's cut version we got was Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne Maniax. It was changed to Lucifer's Call in Europe because of some sort of problem with the trademark (presumably the old PC game Nocturne).
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 08:48:11 AM by DPB » Logged
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2009, 10:11:32 AM »

Most of the Japanese fanart I've seen uses the name Lucifer's Call.

Although, Wiki agrees with you so maybe I'm wrong.  I would like to know what's up with the fanart though.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 10:13:55 AM by Gen Eric Gui » Logged
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2009, 10:49:20 AM »

Um, no it wasn't, there wasn't anything with that name until 18 months after the Japanese release. The original title of the director's cut version we got was Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne Maniax. It was changed to Lucifer's Call in Europe because of some sort of problem with the trademark (presumably the old PC game Nocturne).

Yeah, this.  But to be honest, I think Lucifer's Call sounds a lot cooler.  Then again, I'm ridin brimstone, I'm ridin hellfire, I ride with Satan, he's got flaming tyres.  Northcoast represent.

Anyway, yeah, as Myau said, we got our copies of LC and DDS for £10 total.  Go go Ghostlight.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2009, 09:33:12 PM »

Most of the Japanese fanart I've seen uses the name Lucifer's Call.

Yeah, I followed the news for Nocturne for quite awhile, and I found it hilarious that they were going to rename it "Lucifer's Call" for PAL. The only things cut from the name are the numeral and Maniax, and they never call games by their director's cut names if they're the first release in a territory anyway.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: