Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 27, 2014, 02:33:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338632 Posts in 13861 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  7 things you didn't know were legal
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 7 things you didn't know were legal  (Read 1111 times)
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: June 26, 2009, 02:18:35 PM »

...at least, in the US, that is.

I dunno about you, but I'm getting myself a flamethrower, tannerite, and thermite now.

SonicDeathMonkey

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009, 03:12:16 PM »

The National Firearms Act states that any fully automatic weapons constructed before 1986 are legal for a civilian possessing a Class 2 permit to own.

Well, that's a sound piece of legislation.

I think it's strange that salvia is legal. I've taken acid and mushrooms several times at various doses and it has never compared to the time I took salvia.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 05:06:31 PM »

They were doing this thing on TV about guns in America and they spotlighted two places: Knob Creek Kentucky and Camden New Jersey.  Knob Creek has massive machine gun festivals where gun enthusiasts can show off and fire off guns, including the machine guns from Blackhawk copters.  And all these crazy ass machine guns are available for purchase.  I think they said the place is Class 3.  With Camden, it's a 5 minute trip across the bridge to Philly.  Since Pennsylvania has more lax gun legislation than New Jersey, it's easy for Camden folks to get guns in Philly and smuggle them back to the Jerz.  It's scary that kids on the streets have access to military grade weapons like AK47s. 

So in terms of the legality of firearms, best check the local legislation in your state. 

Regarding the drugs, kids'll always find ways to get high so legislation is never ahead of the curve.  Anyone remember whippets (sniffing the chemical propellant in Reddi Whip canisters)?  Salvia is pretty recent on the US drug scene.  And according to Mythbusters, eating a poppy seed bagel can register a positive in some drug test kits.  Opium comes from poppy seeds.  Go figure, huh?  I've also read somewhere that the high received from marijuana is like the high you'd get from eating 25 pounds of chocolate. 

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 05:19:18 PM »

And according to Mythbusters, eating a poppy seed bagel can register a positive in some drug test kits.  Opium comes from poppy seeds.  Go figure, huh?

This might sound ridiculous, but I first learned of opium via a Seinfeld episode that covered everything you just said.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2009, 07:02:22 PM »

Salvia trips are supposed to be crazy, but it's still legal because physically it's harmless and you're not really likely to DO anything dangerous on salvia.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

SonicDeathMonkey

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2009, 10:12:51 PM »

A friend of my dad once failed a drug test because he had eaten bread with poppy seeds on it a few days earlier. What a ridiculous way to lose a job opportunity (the dude really needed it too, he was living in his car at the time).

Another reason I suppose salvia might be legal is because it lasts for such a short duration (short time frame to do anything stupid), and the comedown is very unpleasant. It would be hard to imagine someone becoming addicted to it to any extent.
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2009, 05:35:14 AM »

Holy Balls, Why is This Legal?

Like flamethrowers, tannerite actually has quite a few legal uses, including avalanche control.

This actually made me understand what freedom is, in the USA.  If I want to be an avalanche controller, I can stockpile this stuff, in case I decide to be an avalanche... guy. 

It's not the most enlightening statement, but really... if it's legal for the corporation using it, it's legal for the dumbass in front of the computer.  That is certainly freedom...

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: