Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2014, 04:09:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
337927 Posts in 13834 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  New Square Enix Game
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Print
Author Topic: New Square Enix Game  (Read 21448 times)
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: July 09, 2009, 09:36:53 AM »

I'm sure a PSP remake could do better justice to FF6. I don't mind the chibi style I just don't the balls with eyes painted on for heads would look very good for an awesome steampunk world with a caveman, yeti, ninja and his dog.

Also would you rather have a game on PSP with pre-rendered backgrounds that looks like this?

http://fem1.uniag.sk/Miroslav.Jezik/ff7/samples/ffVII_3_after2.jpg

(Original for Comparison: http://fem1.uniag.sk/Miroslav.Jezik/ff7/samples/ffVII_3_after.jpg )
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: July 09, 2009, 09:44:34 AM »

If they did remake FFVI, they should definitely rebalance the game to make it harder or atleast fair for the opposing side. You have to admit there were some pretty cheap equipment and esper combinations. Being able to cast ultima, I don't even know how many times, was it 8? Since you could have your whole party mimic it. Then there was the two Genji glove combination with Atma weapon so you could attack with 9999 4 times.

There was a glitch with the Economizer so you'd get 99 of them. I don't even remember how it happened, but I remember looking in my inventory and I had an infinite amount of them for no reason.

Oh, and I can't forget the invisible/x-zone combo that you could use on some bosses.

"Oh, a hunter..."
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: July 09, 2009, 11:38:35 AM »

If they did remake FFVI, they should definitely rebalance the game to make it harder or atleast fair for the opposing side. You have to admit there were some pretty cheap equipment and esper combinations. Being able to cast ultima, I don't even know how many times, was it 8? Since you could have your whole party mimic it. Then there was the two Genji glove combination with Atma weapon so you could attack with 9999 4 times.

There was a glitch with the Economizer so you'd get 99 of them. I don't even remember how it happened, but I remember looking in my inventory and I had an infinite amount of them for no reason.

Oh, and I can't forget the invisible/x-zone combo that you could use on some bosses.

I'd like to see FFVI pull off
Code:
Celes' suicide scene
I got teary eyed by seeing it, maybe it would make me bawl if they pulled it off.

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: July 09, 2009, 09:25:25 PM »

Where does that first screen come from?

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: July 09, 2009, 09:28:01 PM »

It's a mod of the PC version that lets you use the battle sprites on the map, making it look like a shitty photoshop job at all times. :P

Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: July 09, 2009, 09:35:51 PM »

It's a mod of the PC version that lets you use the battle sprites on the map, making it look like a shitty photoshop job at all times. :P

lol. Good to know. :P

Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: July 10, 2009, 12:15:17 AM »

Funny how its predecessor, FFV, pulled off the balance thing better.
I still have trouble pulling through in that game.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Dios GX
Banninated

dios@hidoshi.com GSaviourPrime
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: July 10, 2009, 02:00:32 AM »

And the glitch with Setzer's goofyass slot machine if you use an echo herb on him, pause it before you hit the wheels, then it will always do some stupid auto-death that works on everything ever, including the last boss.

Also as for FFV, you could use Combine and do that berserk bullshit on Exdeath, kill him, and you'll never fight Neo Exdeath at all. You kill that stupidass tree form, and you're done. No real final boss to speak of. Duuurrrgghhhhh.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 02:03:03 AM by Dios GX » Logged
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: July 10, 2009, 02:04:59 AM »

It's not like these games would've been that hard even without these glitches/cheats. Maybe longer, but harder? I doubt it.

Wild Armor
Observer
Contributing Editor

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: July 10, 2009, 08:14:15 PM »

Just saw some gameplay footage of the game.

I shat bricks. Gold.

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Draak

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: July 10, 2009, 08:43:58 PM »

Yeah, just watched the gameplay trailer too. It looks pretty good in motion and from what I've seen there will be a day/night system. I'll surely keep an eye on this one.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 10, 2009, 08:46:46 PM »

The more I see the game the more I like its look. This may be one of my more anticipated RPGs now, it's kind of interesting how popular retro-ish stuff is getting though.
Wild Armor
Observer
Contributing Editor

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: July 10, 2009, 09:35:40 PM »

The game actually reminds me of what Animal Crossing and The Wind Waker would like like mashed together a bit. I liked that title theme on the main site, I want more of that now.

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: July 22, 2009, 11:41:14 PM »

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3175252

New info.

Now we know how many classes jobs crowns there will be, and characters' names + descriptions.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: