Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 10:13:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319737 Posts in 13047 Topics by 2147 Members
Latest Member: TacoBell_Lord
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  New Square Enix Game
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Print
Author Topic: New Square Enix Game  (Read 20462 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: July 01, 2009, 05:21:48 PM »

Not if "FF Forte" (FF4: TAY) is any indication.

No no, a spin off of the SERIES, it's looking and sounding like it follows in the style of the old gameplay rather than continuing any specific game. When I think about it though, I kind of wonder if this is to make up for being either unable to remake FFV or few people being particularly interested in seeing the narrative brought back up when they could just take the basic gameplay ideas and do something new with them instead.

Man, the more I think about this the more excited I really am getting. I kinda wish it were 2D, but that's more for battle speed than anything else, and if they can remedy that then I don't care.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 05:23:49 PM by Eusis » Logged
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: July 01, 2009, 05:36:40 PM »

Boring as fuck.  I can't believe Square are making all of these new IPs (this, Blood of Bahamut), but it's still all essentially Final Fantasy.

What a load of shit.  Enix should disolve their contract and sign up with Midway.

Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: July 01, 2009, 06:08:07 PM »

http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2009/341.html

story posted.

And I am so sad about being wrong. This seems so utterly lame to me. And the graphics on that magazine scan look awful.

jj984jj

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: July 01, 2009, 06:23:18 PM »

I'm very happy it's not FFV DS and that they didn't call it "SaGa 4" and it's still an original turn-based RPG, plus Yoshida is working on something other than a MMO! *dances with joy*
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: July 01, 2009, 06:43:16 PM »

That's a bit deflating and those graphics look choppy in that scan.  So help me this girl better have a fan-freaking-tastic personality because man, she's ugly. 

I approve of this nonsense!
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: July 01, 2009, 06:52:45 PM »

I would give up my first born for the FF6 remake.  I mean, they've done the first four (and even though is good, we'd have have to hit FF5 before 6 happens with the current rend).

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: July 01, 2009, 07:27:48 PM »

Nah, I actually give it a better chance that they're remake FF6 first. FFV doesn't have a strong following in the US, I don't think they would spend the time doing an entire remake of FFV because it likely wouldn't sell very well. FFIII did okay because it was NEVER released in the US, FFV has been a few times, and I think people are pretty much satisfied with that.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: July 01, 2009, 09:11:49 PM »

Agreed on the graphics, but maybe they will tweak them more, though who knows.  Still it might be better than it sounds...maybe...

And yeah, the head on that one character...not very flattering haha.

Honestly though, a remake of Six, with decent graphics, preferably on the DS since I own that and not the PSP, would be epic in so many ways.  By far my favorite FF. 

Oh and Dios?

No new Chrono, no new SaGa, and recurringly more bad Mana games over and over. Good thing they released SoM on the VC, since apparently that's the only time they ever got it right. Gay.

I believe Wanda Syckes, Hillary Duff, and some other chick would like to have a word with you..because ya know...calling stupid things gay is totally what the lgbt community is really upset over../sarcasm.  Hahah.

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 02, 2009, 02:00:25 AM »

I know Gast wrote a story on the front page, I'd like to link the Wired article since Chris Kohler goes a bit more indepth about the gameplay system.

Edit: I have a terrible habit of putting t after Chris.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 05:21:19 PM by Eusis » Logged
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: July 02, 2009, 02:47:02 AM »

I dont't care about the graphics - I would just rather it's somethng original - I think someone is teasing me.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 02, 2009, 02:50:27 AM »

Well, it's a new game with a retro style, and that can really get my interest (see: Retro Game Challenge). Really, SE hasn't done an FF like this in years unless you count the remakes, and with how far newer FFs are straying from the originals something like this becomes more meaningful.
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: July 02, 2009, 02:53:47 AM »

I too would want to see a remake of FFVI.

HD Console FFVI for me would be awesome, but that's like wishing for cows to fly.

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 02, 2009, 03:31:19 AM »

The more I think about it... does FFVI need to be remade? Seriously, the game plays just fine last I checked, and doesn't have any flaws that seriously need to be addressed. You could say that presentation would benefit from stronger graphics and voice acting, but after many of these more modern titles I think they could just as easily be ruined by the move. I'm more interested in seeing new games that are styled after older titles like this one seems to be.
Draak

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: July 02, 2009, 07:20:18 AM »

A classical FF game? Sounds interesting... Need more info to judge though.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: July 02, 2009, 08:32:22 AM »

Another Final Fantasy wouldn't be so bad if it was more of a reimagining than just a remake, they could try something with the same premise but a much more fleshed out story, like Sword of Mana attempted (and utterly failed). None of the remakes of FF1 have added much, they've been little more than enhanced ports with improved graphics and music.

Fix'ed

As for the topic at hand I still think this has turned into an utter fizzle. NES era JRPG? Didn't Sega beat them to the punch with 7th Dragon already? (Btw when the hell are we getting that?)

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: