Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 04:04:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334648 Posts in 13706 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Genso Suikoden.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Genso Suikoden.  (Read 9746 times)
ChevalierEagle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2009, 11:26:59 AM »

Knowing Konami, it will be a new Suikoden game that has been farmed out to a Western developer that the game's soundtrack composer thinks is awesome.

Or with some famous Konami producer slapping his name to the production to attract people.

Suikoden II for the PSN, yes please.
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2009, 12:32:08 PM »

Knowing Konami, it will be a new Suikoden game that has been farmed out to a Western developer that the game's soundtrack composer thinks is awesome.

If it turns out as amazing as Homecoming, then I'm all for it!

Also lol at people talking about how Suikoden has been dropped into the quality toilet "this gen" when Tierkreis was a really fucking amazing game.  If you want to bitch, bitch about 4.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2009, 12:44:42 PM »

If you ask me, none of the Suikoden games were truly bad. Even 4 had redeeming qualities and you had to view it as a complete story with Tactics/Rhapsodia, as it only told half a story by itself.

...well, Suikoden Card Stories was weird, but that one's a given.

Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2009, 03:38:45 PM »

To be honest, I liked Suikoden 4 a lot, but it's the only game where I can see legitimate reasons as to why people wouldn't like it.
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2009, 05:32:59 PM »

To be honest, I liked Suikoden 4 a lot, but it's the only game where I can see legitimate reasons as to why people wouldn't like it.

I agree. 4 is easily the weakest, but it wasn't a bad game IMO, it just felt more lazy and unpolished when compared to the other entries. To be honest, I think 4's strategist was my favorite of the series (not counting 2 or Tierkreis, I haven't played either).
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2009, 06:24:30 PM »

Naw, nobody beats Shu, he was awesome. 

Honestly I hope its a new game, though with my luck itll be on a system I dont own, but any Suiko is good Suiko to me.  And Tierkries was fun..it was different, I despised the voice acting and the character models, but the story and stuff felt very Suiko.  Still miss the orignal world though :(

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2009, 06:52:31 PM »

If it turns out as amazing as Homecoming, then I'm all for it!

Also lol at people talking about how Suikoden has been dropped into the quality toilet "this gen" when Tierkreis was a really fucking amazing game.  If you want to bitch, bitch about 4.

Oh I'll certainly bitch about S4's faults - but it doesn't have the *atrocious* voice acting of Tierkries, nor it is a cheap cash-in.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2009, 07:03:37 PM »

The only really bad voices are the hero's and that mayor dude.  Everybody else had pretty decent voice acting.

And I fail to see how it's a cheap cash-in.  The game had really high production values on pretty much everything and really pushed the DS.  Just because it wasn't on the original game's world doesn't mean it's not a real Suikoden.
Jet16

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2009, 08:23:26 PM »

Really, if you want to have this conversation again you guys can just go read the Tierkreis thread. Lard is just reiterating the same bullshit again:P
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2009, 09:47:53 PM »

That's why I didn't reply.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2009, 10:06:16 PM »

Oh I'll certainly bitch about S4's faults - but it doesn't have the *atrocious* voice acting of Tierkries, nor it is a cheap cash-in.

I dunno, I think S4 may've been as much of - if not more - of a cash in. Prior game gains traction in America, and Konami fires out a sequel in record time without the original director... then fires out SuikV as an apology.

But I like S4, and even beat it unlike S5. But like is the key word, it was an enjoyable enough game to play through but like the importers were saying, it was a good RPG but a poor Suikoden. Hell, it's a really flawed RPG no matter how you view it.
Saviour

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2009, 10:46:06 PM »

Sweet! Any new Suikoden is a good thing.  4 and Rhapsodia sucked period and I didn't enjoy 3 much either, but the rest of them are golden.  I remember hearing a rumour a while ago about a new Suikoden going to Wii.... *shivers*.  I'm just hoping it's portable because playing PSN Suikoden on PSP and Tiekreis on DS has been amazing.  If not, PS3.

Finished RPG Count: 90
Jet16

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2009, 10:48:54 PM »

Oh, but you certainly started it.

As long as it's not a cheap cash in like Tierkries, I'll be happy.

Oh yeah, fuck you. :P

Anyway, I'm psyched. I haven't played a Suikoden game that I didn't like; as long as it's good I don't care if it's a spin-off in a different world or whatever the hell. Though, a remake or a port would stifle my excitement a bit as I recently played the first one. As for 4, I played it having only played 3 before and I still say it's a decent RPG. It definitely lacks the quality that the series upholds, but it's not a game I wouldn't recommend.

Eusis' comment regarding 4 also makes sense. Wikipedia states that Suikoden III sold around 200k, I'm guessing that's a lot more than Suikoden II sold and coupled with the good critical response, a quick development time and lower game quality does make it seem like 4 was an attempt at a cash in.

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2009, 12:33:32 AM »

Oh, but you certainly started it. 

I was joking, hence the :P and so was Losfer. Why are you dragging it out longer?

Just commence speculating on the Suikoden cellphone game.

Logick

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2009, 02:39:47 AM »

Doubtful its going to a western developer since unlike Silent Hill and MSG, Suikoden still sells alot more in Japan than the US.

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing."
~Malcolm X
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: