Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 05:35:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335290 Posts in 13727 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Overlord 2.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Overlord 2.  (Read 857 times)
Buddy

View Profile

Ignore
« on: June 28, 2009, 08:17:02 PM »

Despite it being a GREAT game in my opinion (as well as most reviewers), I'm surprised this game got a sequal seeing as though it didn't sell well. I haven't played it a lot, but so far the humor is better, thankfully there's a mini-map and it seems bigger with more happening at once. Unlike the first game, you can't be good or bad... you can only bad or... worse... really bad. The one thing that is bizarre about the game is the camera seems worse than the first one. I don't know why that would be, but maybe because like I said, there's more onscreen at once. It in no way detracts from the game at all. For some reason, the mini-map and it's markers, along with the humor of the game, it kind of reminds me of Fabel II a bit. Not in gameplay, just in tone and a bit in the way it's set up. It's like an RPG meets Zelda meets Pikmin meets Monty Python meets Fable II. Love this stuff.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2009, 09:20:36 PM »

Unlike the first game, you can't be good or bad... you can only bad or... worse... really bad.

That probably allows it to better take advantage of the whole "You're an evil overlord!" thing than the first game seemed to, though from what I spoiled myself on one
Code:
it kind of made sense to go good, given that you were basically left for dead by the other heroes who wound up going evil themselves.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 04:44:28 PM »

I've heard nothing but good things about the sequel so i'm probably going to give it a rental tonight or tomorrow.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: