Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 09:56:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319735 Posts in 13047 Topics by 2147 Members
Latest Member: TacoBell_Lord
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Blazblue
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Print
Author Topic: Blazblue  (Read 17584 times)
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2009, 09:41:43 PM »

Where is this "Ice Car" thing coming from?  It's Icening.  As in, "Ride the Icening".
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2009, 12:27:41 AM »

Meh, complaints like these go hand in hand with any fighting game. People spam fireballs and dragon punches in Street Fighter all the time, and everyone whines and bitches about it. Guess what? There's ways around 'em! Just learn how to play the damn game and stop crying about it. Sick of fireball spam? Use E. Honda and keep doing his headbutt. Goes right through. Sick of dragon punch spam? I hear Cammy can help with that.

For BlazBlue, the whole complaint about Jin's ice car attack is stupid. :P Use someone like Itchi or Bang who has a quick answer to that. Bang's especially potent as a rival to Jin because he can whip himself around on his bumpers. Fact is, the ice car attack is linear, pretty short range, and yeah, insta-block leaves you wind open. Bang can get around that no problem.

Just a matter of knowing your options.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2009, 01:05:35 AM »

I don't think anyone is complaining about the actual move Icecar.  It started when I said people were starting to avoid Jin players because people were spamming icecar over and over again. 

And yeah, Litchi does a good job keeping the ice car from taking off =P

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
XBL ID: Akanbe
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Twitter@AkanbeRPG
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2009, 07:56:05 AM »

lololol I love it when people complain about fireballs and Dragon Punches in Street Fighter.  It's called blocking and not jumping. Shuts the entire strategy down in seconds.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2009, 08:15:17 AM »

One time in SSF2THD I beat this Sagat fireball spammer by using Fei Long, and he messaged me afterwards calling me a cheater. :(

Dizzy

死ぬがよい

awe.of.she.1@gmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2009, 01:38:04 PM »

I got comments like that a lot when I was beating people at a local anime convention 4 or 5 years ago, using Bridget in Guilty Gear X2. That's when I stopped playing competitive games publicly (and going to anime conventions in general). It's too much of a headache... :P

N-Sef
Dinner! Dinner! Dinner!

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2009, 04:54:14 AM »

One time in SSF2THD I beat this Sagat fireball spammer by using Fei Long, and he messaged me afterwards calling me a cheater. :(

People tend to be quite the sore losers when it comes to fighters.

Blazblue looks great, plan on maining Noel because I like her design and her fighting style looks interesting.
ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2009, 07:47:47 AM »

I played this for the first time in the arcades today. I really enjoyed it. I'll may purchase the PS3 version sometime.

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2009, 08:20:23 AM »

People tend to be quite the sore losers when it comes to online-gaming.

Fixed.

People will rage-quit even from LoZ:Phantom Hourglass.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2009, 08:36:16 AM »

I think it's anything that involves competition.

The funny thing is, I like to be an ass and master low tier characters in fighting games, and whenever I fight someone who chooses a character JUST BECAUSE he's high tier (like earlier, my Fei Long vs. opponent's Sagat) and win, they just can't take it. My reputation on Xbox Live took a dive when I got SC4 and SSF2THD.

Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2009, 10:28:05 AM »

I love people who think tiers mean anything outside of tournament-level play.  They're funny.

I can't wait to play online, especially since I play Tager.
ChevalierEagle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2009, 11:15:53 AM »

People who are all about how much fighting games are SERIOUS BUSINESS are funnier.

I would like to check this game, but no luck finding it in the apocaliptic wasteland that is my country.
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2009, 12:11:13 PM »

There's nothing wrong with taking the game seriously and wanting to be the best player you can.

Unless you mean the people who ragequit every time they start to lose and leave you negative feedback for attempting to ruin their "perfect" win record.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2009, 12:15:05 PM »

I think there are a lot of things wrong with taking a game seriously. Since they're... you know... games.

Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2009, 12:41:10 PM »

Well, so are sports, but people certainly take those seriously.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: