Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 29, 2014, 06:55:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327699 Posts in 13416 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Blazblue
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Print
Author Topic: Blazblue  (Read 18567 times)
Dizzy

死ぬがよい

awe.of.she.1@gmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2009, 01:58:53 PM »

Yeah, it's actually pretty different. Which is probably a good thing. At least everything is fresh again. XD But yeah, you're right. Anyone who missed out on GG doesn't really have to worry about the controls.

I'm still trying to get a feel for everyone through their arcade/story modes, but I'm probably going to end up being more of a random selector again, like I was in GG. lol I DO want to main Rachel though. From what I played of her so far, she KINDA feels like the Dizzy of this game.

Speaking of story mode, I got Ragna to 90%, Jin to 99%, and Noel to 47% so far. I'm going to assume unlocking paths isn't as simple as winning or losing, and that maybe some are unlocked through certain conditions during the battles as well, like in GG. On Ragna's I won and lost at every possible fight that I can think of and still ended up with 90%, though, I ended up with two different last bosses on one path, yet I can't figure out how I did that. Anyone else dwell a lot into story mode yet?

EDIT: Los - http://gamenorth.ca/2009/07/03/blazblue-calamity-trigger-makes-a-run-for-the-border-fails/ FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF, we seem to get screwed on releases one way or another. D:
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 02:09:59 PM by Dizzy » Logged

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2009, 02:24:31 PM »

This is probably what happened to Devil Survivor and why I was saying people shouldn't be hard on Atlus over the delay. Really, why do they keep holding up VIDEO GAME shipments?
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2009, 07:49:35 PM »

Because video games are evil and have caused all of humanity's misfortunes throughout all of history, that's why.
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2009, 08:14:40 PM »

EDIT: Los - http://gamenorth.ca/2009/07/03/blazblue-calamity-trigger-makes-a-run-for-the-border-fails/ FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF, we seem to get screwed on releases one way or another. D:

God damn it, that pisses me off.  I can't believe I have to wait another week to give EB seventy fucking dollars.

Wait, maybe that's a good thing.

FUCK.

Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2009, 10:33:12 PM »

Re: story mode problems.

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6067

That should be the requirements for everybody's story paths.  Spoiler-free, pretty much.
Dizzy

死ぬがよい

awe.of.she.1@gmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2009, 12:09:42 AM »

Awesome! Thank you for that. Winning/Losing every possible battle and being stuck on a certain percent was driving me crazy. XD Though, story mode is actually a lot of fun to go through, so I may just look at the guide as a last resort.

Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2009, 11:29:17 PM »

God, it's exhilarating to play as Tager.  You fucked up?  Oh, ok, I'll just take 65% of your health then.  K', bye now!

I want to learn somebody else but my controller is not cooperating.  I can't jump cancel as Ragna for shit, Arakune is just nutso, and it's taking me a lot more than I thought it would to get down Carl's strats and B&B shit.  I just really wish I could go online so I could practice more.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2009, 01:29:29 AM »

That's the one thing that I really dislike about this game.  Some characters can just punish HARD a little bit too easily.

Oh.. and Jins.  It's like Street Fighter 4 and Ken all over again.  I was enjoying playing him until I went online and saw so many people using him and just spamming ice ride over and over and over.  Jin players good or bad started getting a horrible rep. Since I was using Jin for a bit, it started to get bad enough where people would avoid playing you if you had a Jin card.  I moved on and now use Litchi, who is fun and takes way more skill to win instead of spamming C in the corner.

The one really fucking stupid thing with online mode is that quits go against both people.  I have like 6 or 7 disconnects - only 1 of those was actually me from me quitting mid-match against a jin who literally just sat there and used ice-ride as his only move the whole first round.

/qq
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 07:30:49 PM by Akanbe- » Logged

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
ShiningHero

Lawlerabs

lightbreakerec@hotmail.com Blazeddc
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2009, 01:55:58 AM »

Thankfully the game made it to my house by Friday...  I have to say this definitely makes my top ten fighter list. Like Akanbe- pointed out, there are some annoying balance issues with certain characters (Jin and Hakumen come to mind) that users are exploiting.  It is quite annoying, but thankfully I haven't run into too many of them in network mode. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nu0wvUP4Os
A video of my first network match.

Gamertag is LightbreakerEC if anyone wants to hit me up in BB.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 02:40:07 AM by ShiningHero » Logged

Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2009, 09:46:53 AM »

There's nothing really cheap about Hakumen?  He's just your average power character; he's slow so it's pretty easy to see most of his stuff coming.  And spammer Jins are easy to shut down.  If you know what they're going to do, shove it back in their face.

But I will say it's a shame that you can't use Jin anymore, even if you legitimately play as him.  With a cast this small, it's a really bad thing when the spammers make a character's rep so poor that nobody who wants to play for real will use him.  I hear it's starting to get that way with Noel too.
Dizzy

死ぬがよい

awe.of.she.1@gmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2009, 12:03:35 PM »

Yeah. I hear it's going that way with Noel too. I haven't seen it myself since I haven't went online yet, but a buddy who just got back from AX (WHO ALSO GOT TO MEET ISHIWATARI IN AN ELEVATOR ARRRRRGH) mentioned that the Blazblue machine was full of people just spamming whatever Drive attacks they could with her, mindlessly. (Not that it's particularly hard to counter, but it'd still be sad to see).

Well, like Guilty Gear, I'm sure they're gonna release a billion different variations of the game anyway, so I'm not really worried about the balance/roster size right now. Guilty Gear 1 on PSX started the same ways, really. God, playing that game hurts now. XD

I still haven't figured out who I really want to main, but it's still looking like it's going to be Rachel, Carl, and now Litchi. Ragna is pretty fun too.

EDIT: OH AND TAOKAKA! :D
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 12:09:51 PM by Dizzy » Logged

Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2009, 01:37:51 PM »

Grabbed the 360 version. :) Awesome stuff, played it the other day at the A&C+UTAMA game tournament.
Shiguma
The Saviour of Esteria

LordShiguma
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2009, 06:14:24 PM »

@Akanbe and Gen

Everyone moans too much about "spammers," especially over on GameFAQs.  I main Jin, and admittedly, I use the "ice car" frequently.  Not because it's particularly good... in fact, if instant blocked, it leaves him quite vulnerable to an opponent's combo, especially if the opponent is a Noel or Taokaka.  I use it because 90% of all the players online don't have the common sense to BLOCK IT, and if they can't block such a common and predictable attack, they don't deserve to win.  But rather than the true "scrubs" owning up to the fact that they have a hard time w/ simple concepts like "blocking," they'd rather complain about character balance, cheapness, etc. 

Yesterday it was Nu, today it is Jin, tomorrow will be Noel... That's 25% of the entire character cast, heh. :P

I'm Level 28, I've fought ~130 Ranked Matches and have ~84% Wins so far, and although the "ice car" has been a part of that success, nothing thrills me more than an opponent who actually BLOCKS IT and puts up a good fight.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 06:18:37 PM by Shiguma » Logged

Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2009, 07:20:10 PM »

Well yeah, that's the really hilarious thing about the whole situation.  People who sit and spam moves are the easiest people to beat in the world.  But because 90% of players don't even know that you CAN block, and think that the only strategy ever is to just jump and hit heavy (or in BB's case, slam on D) that anything that defeats that strategy is cheap and cannot be beaten.

I started playing matches with some folks in the Gamecrazy near me, and they were ASTOUNDED at my ability to block simple mixups.  I singlehandedly revolutionized their style of play, just by teaching them how to block effectively.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2009, 07:29:16 PM »

There's nothing really cheap about Hakumen?  He's just your average power character; he's slow so it's pretty easy to see most of his stuff coming.  And spammer Jins are easy to shut down.  If you know what they're going to do, shove it back in their face.

But I will say it's a shame that you can't use Jin anymore, even if you legitimately play as him.  With a cast this small, it's a really bad thing when the spammers make a character's rep so poor that nobody who wants to play for real will use him.  I hear it's starting to get that way with Noel too.

I'm getting better at shutting down Jins.  I'm getting decent enough with Lichi and her staff antics to shut down stupid tactics like that.  And yeah, it seems like Noel is on the same list as Jin.  1.) Pick Noel.  2.) Spam Drive.  3.) Profit.  No need for ??? here.  It is a shame that the spammers rep makes people do that.  I imagine at higher levels it's probably less like that since good people, like yourself, can shut down stupid shit like that.

Dizzy -  Rachel and Carl are both pretty cool characters.  Carl is hard to use though since it seems like his stamina is pretty low.  Ragna is certainly fun as well.  A lot of his moves take getting used to for me since SF4 had really lazy inputs.  You could just about input anything remotely close to the actual move command and still get the move you wanted (dragon punch motion has at least 3 ways that it can come out).

Shiguma - I don't see anything wrong with ice car either.  It's a pretty cool move to close to the gap.  Just anything being overly abused is annoying.  Taokaka and Noel certainly have their annoying perks as well

I imagine most of you folks know this already... but you gotta lose some matches during story mode to get to 100%.  I was annoyed as hell to be at 94% with Lichi and having all 3 endings yet still not knowing why I couldn't get to 100 :)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 07:35:37 PM by Akanbe- » Logged

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: