Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 10:25:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319586 Posts in 13044 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Blazblue
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Print
Author Topic: Blazblue  (Read 17557 times)
Takezo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: July 23, 2009, 02:51:23 AM »

It's because she doesn't do as poorly against V13, her lockdown is generally tighter I feel. Fight a good one and you'll want to petition them to ban/nerf that frog-- also she's the only character who can escape carl's throw/clap loop for FREE.
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: July 23, 2009, 09:15:20 AM »

Don't talk shit about justin wong, he spotted the entire Luckies ASC tournament fried chicken after destroying us all in mvc2.

He also gets up in front of interviewers and does nothing but talk shit about every other player in the book.
Takezo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: July 23, 2009, 12:25:22 PM »

It's genuinely the guys who talk shit on the sly that I'm worried about. Gootecks for example is a bit of a punk about it. If you ever meet J-WONG in person he's a decent guy. CHINATOWN FAIR FOR LIFE NUKKA. WE STAY TIGHT.
Booboo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: July 26, 2009, 01:05:34 AM »

I'll agree about Nu, but Rachel > Arakune?

No. Arakune is miles ahead of Rachel just because of curse and corner trap. Even tho I love this game, I'll agree that some match-ups are really unbalanced. What's sad is that I've waited for this game for 6 months and when it's finally released I play Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria :P

Rachel ftw!

Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: July 26, 2009, 02:58:48 AM »

Rachel ftmfw.

I spent the last two weeks choosing to, slowly, learn how to play Rachel on my own. But now I'm just straight up cheating. Watching vids, reading guides on sick combos. Give me another month, and I'll be awesome w/ Rachel.

People say v-13- is a copout character, but she's not easy to master. And by master, I mean...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkOTCa-1YoI

that kind of mastery. It's like...perfection.

if anyone's wondering, here are some combos I'm studying for Rachel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsBQySEme_8

madness!

Booboo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: July 26, 2009, 03:08:14 AM »

if anyone's wondering, here are some combos I'm studying for Rachel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsBQySEme_8

madness!

olo ... I think every Rachel player has saw that video at least once... and watching pros at their job is not cheating. I too tried to patiently learn all her moves and some combos and zoning when fighting with some beasty Ragna player and by the time he wasted me more than 20 times I finally got her basics in. That's the difference between basic chars like Jin/Noel where players want instant gratification and zoners like Rachel or Ara where you really have to be patient and think a whole lot.

Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: July 26, 2009, 11:19:18 AM »

Jin and Noel actually take a whole lot of time to learn properly as well.  Just because it's easier to go out swinging wildly doesn't mean they're any less hard to learn properly.

And watching vids and reading strats off the interwebs isn't cheating.  I don't know why you would think that way at all.  Learning from the community is kind of the whole point of fighting games.  Years ago, you'd do that by going to the arcades and watching the other players play.  Nowadays, you can't do that because there aren't any arcades, so you go online and spectate.  There's no way anyone could possibly learn all there is to know about a character by themselves.
Takezo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: July 27, 2009, 12:40:52 PM »

Precisely. Playing without all these assets is like taking a chemistry course by sitting outside the classroom with a bag on your head. BOOBOO, your analysis is way oversimplified. What makes Rachael devastating is that her zoning tools are also equally great (if not more) devastating rushdown tools. She's the best magneto since... magneto.

gen eric: We really need to play at some point, lordy lord-- you get kof 12 yet? I'm a little disappointed with how free the 'parry' system is, but other than that and some single player grief (lack of stages, bosses, etc) the actual gameplay itself is solid, footsies based, 2D goodness....I still can't believe they took out busterwolf, now I can't rock my ' for casuals only' Terry.

Ramza: That's an excellent place to start but (and I'm sure you're already doing this) remember that doing combos is one thing, knowing when to do them is entirely different and much more vital in the long run. I can't tell you that amount of people I've seen play 2D fighters and get mad when they lose over and over, blaming everything on the fact that they 'dont know the moves' when the reason they're losing is because they simply refuse to BLOCK. Good on you though, I love that feeling of really sitting down and learning a new character, trying things out, and actually seeing real rewards when it all comes together.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 12:49:39 PM by Takezo » Logged
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: July 27, 2009, 02:02:52 PM »

Wish I could, but my internet doesn't support online play at the moment.  I'm working on getting this fixed, though.  So maybe someday!

And no, I haven't bought KoF12.  I'm not really that interested in it since almost all of my favorite characters in the series are absent(Yuri, King, and Blue Mary being the big ones).  Maybe when it's been price dropped, but there's no way I'm buying it for $60.
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: July 27, 2009, 04:37:19 PM »

And watching vids and reading strats off the interwebs isn't cheating.  I don't know why you would think that way at all.  Learning from the community is kind of the whole point of fighting games.

Truth be told: I'm not big on fighting games. At least, I hadn't been. Now I think I'm going to get into it. Of course it isn't REALLY cheating, since everyone does it and it's expected. But it's not something I ever planned on doing. Yet, here I am. :)

Takezo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: July 27, 2009, 05:34:23 PM »

On the topic, during one match I was losing pretty hard because I had to rely on basic pokes and such (my first time ever trying Bang) and between rounds I desperately pulled out the manual only to have my friend slap it out of my hand instantly yelling "OH I SEE YOU GOING FOR THE CHEAT BOOK"
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: July 27, 2009, 06:57:11 PM »

On the topic, during one match I was losing pretty hard because I had to rely on basic pokes and such (my first time ever trying Bang) and between rounds I desperately pulled out the manual only to have my friend slap it out of my hand instantly yelling "OH I SEE YOU GOING FOR THE CHEAT BOOK"

LOL that's hilarious.

Booboo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: July 28, 2009, 01:12:27 AM »

BOOBOO, your analysis is way oversimplified. What makes Rachael devastating is that her zoning tools are also equally great (if not more) devastating rushdown tools.

I know it was because I didn't want to go into detail and specifics. That's why I love Rachel as fighting style.

Shiguma
The Saviour of Esteria

LordShiguma
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: July 28, 2009, 10:33:44 AM »

gen eric: We really need to play at some point, lordy lord-- you get kof 12 yet? I'm a little disappointed with how free the 'parry' system is, but other than that and some single player grief (lack of stages, bosses, etc) the actual gameplay itself is solid, footsies based, 2D goodness....I still can't believe they took out busterwolf, now I can't rock my ' for casuals only' Terry.

Speaking of KoF12, Famitsu gave it an underwhelming score of 5, 5, 7, 5 (22/40)... as always I take Famitsu scores with several grains of salt, but seriously, 22?  That's disappointing... is it really THAT bad?

Takezo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: July 28, 2009, 12:47:39 PM »

The gameplay itself is all gravy, the graphics are gorgeous. It's just missing some things. Like... there are no character theme songs, only five stages, no bosses, no storymodes, special intros, taunts, or any of that. It's very very barebones. Even the menus are substandard. They're just 'blue'. The core gameplay itself is fine, a little bit simplified from KOF 98, but it's really solid. The only problem is that... even though the extras i mentioned above aren't vital or even 'necessary'... they're a huge part of what gives a game its character and personality. This game doesn't have a personality. I would not buy this game unless you play fighting games with other people (who have the game) regularly. Outside of that, this game is just lifeless.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: