Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2014, 12:24:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331795 Posts in 13584 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Fall/Winter 2006 RPGs - Are you ready?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Fall/Winter 2006 RPGs - Are you ready?  (Read 7450 times)
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2006, 06:49:45 AM »

it just occured to me i dont think anyone mentioned phantasy star universe. sinners! lol

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2006, 06:51:29 AM »

Quote from: "Alisha"
it just occured to me i dont think anyone mentioned phantasy star universe. sinners! lol

Normally, I probalby would've argued with you over such a claim... But god dammit, you're right. ;_;
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2006, 11:36:11 AM »

I'm just looking forward to a few.
FFXII - I DID like the demo, and look forward to another great story.
Rogue Galaxy - simply due to the premise, and the fact that Level 5 made it.
I don't want to hear comparisons to RPGS, I want to know how it compares to Dark Cloud 2? I LOVED DC2.
Xenosaga III - I never played II, due to so much bad press, but I really liked I. Hopefully III will be  a return to goodness.
Tales of the Abyss - If it's anything like TOS, I'm there.
PSU - only if the single player is good. I don't do the online thing.
Then theres Zelda, of course.

Playing: TWD Season 2
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Wadjet

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2006, 12:17:53 PM »

So wait has Ar Tonelico been confirmed for a NA Release?   And for this year?   Isn't it like a singing game?   I didnt think anyone would take a chance bringing it over here just because of its premise.  But if it is coming out over here definately put it on my list of anticipated.  From the screenshots on the main page it looks great.

O and it does look like most of the psp rpgs come out pretty soon and not fall.  I will be busy playing Legend of heroes II, Valkyrie Profile Lenneth, and Blade Dancer through august, when Disgaea II hits.  If Disgaea II is anything like the first it should keep me busy until the others start rolling in.
Professor Gast

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2006, 03:33:47 PM »

http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2006/1241.html

That should answer your question in regard to Ar Tonelico. The Japanese subtitle is Sekai no Owari de Utaitsuzukeru Shoujo (The Girl who keeps singing at the end of the world) is obviously related to music, but I'm not aware that it would play any role in terms of gameplay. It has more to do with the game's story.
Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2006, 05:52:53 PM »

Xenosaga III - I loved the first two, and I'm totally psyched for those 8 hours of cinemas (or whatever you want to call them).
Rogue Galaxy - As many others have said, Level 5 is making this, and I have a lot of faith in their ability to make kick ass games.
Final Fantasy XII - I liked the demo, but even if I didn't, this is a no-brainer for me. I've pretty much loved all of the Final Fantasies that I've played through, and have been craving this installment since it was announced.
Disgaea 2 - The sequel to my favorite NIS game? Winner.
Valkyrie Profile Silmeria - You guys have gotten me hyped for this one :P
Children of Mana - I've been needing a DS RPG lately. Hell, I've been needing a DS game that doesn't have anything to do with Mario characters. Plus, everyone that I've talked to is getting it also, so the whole multiplayer aspect is very, very intriguing.

That's about it I guess. Hopefully the release dates of the games I've listed are far apart, since I'm pretty much flat broke...
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: