Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 11:19:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334538 Posts in 13704 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Most Annoying Playable Character
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11 Print
Author Topic: Most Annoying Playable Character  (Read 21213 times)
jphussey

hussman12
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« on: July 03, 2009, 05:17:22 PM »

My vote is for Gau (FFVI)

JP
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunderthumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2009, 06:02:08 PM »

Easily Pokey in Earthbound.  All that pimple-faced tub of lard does is apologize profusely to enemies and is the epitome of every annoying fathead bully I hated in my childhood.  Plus his mom killed the bee. 

Rinoa in FF8.  I hated Rinoa almost as much as General Mortars (an old poster on the boards whose hate of Rinoa was legendary.)  Any time she was a member of my battle party, I would make Squall kill her.  Rinoa is the kind of girl I would want to beat the tar out of in real life. 

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2009, 07:16:44 PM »

Gau is a good choice.  The reason he bothers me so much is because of my first time through that game, when I let my cousin take over playing during a bathroom break.  I came back to see a shiny new character he had named BUFALO.  All caps.  I suppose it was trying to be BUFFALO, but I don't think you could have names that long in FF6.  That annoyed the hell out of me, but my last save was like an hour back so I went ahead with it.  I think seeing BUFALO BUFALO all the fucking time is why I still dislike that game so much. :P

Something more recent is that...thing that joins you in Blue Dragon.  I don't remember its name, but the first time I heard that thing speak I winced.  When it actually joined the group, I knew I wouldn't be playing the much longer.  And I didn't.

ChevalierEagle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2009, 07:40:05 PM »

-Eiko (FFIX)
-Shion (Xenosaga ep1)
-MOMO (Xenosaga ep1)
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2009, 07:41:44 PM »

Baseball Z. Socks from The Legend of My Dad.

That blue thing from Tales of the Abyss (does that count as playable? You can squeeze it to make fire come out).

Pokey, of course, but he's supposed to be annoying.

Oh and that motherfucking cockshirt Chu Chu from Xenogears and to really rub insult into the injury they have CHUCIFIXION but even worse that goddamn implied Chu Chu orgy in Shevat. Don't wanna be thinking about any goddamn Chu Chu SEX FLUIDS and I mean goddamn what if they were doing that in the Weltall and Fei walks into the hangar and it's covered in Chu Juice and he's like GODDAMN YA'LL BASTARDS and chu chu is just like :3c and then Fei has to choke a bitch but chu chu doesn't even have a goddamn neck to choke so he just punts her off of shevat and Margie is like NO WHAT THE HELL so fei punts her too and bart's like NO WHAT THE HELL so fei punts him to because apparently fei just can't stop killing people like HIS MOM or EVERYONE IN HIS VILLAGE or RANDOM ENEMIES and shit like thta goddamn what an asshole.

Shion, from what I played of Xenosaga before I got bored with it, seemed like she had brain damage or something. What's funny as hell is that she reminds me of Sabrina Skunk from that goddamn Eric Schwartz comic (Furfuck from Columbus, Ohio. Thanks for ruining the only decent city in this hellhole you fat bastard) and it's doubly worse because of the whole Transformers/mecha fetish Sabrina has and Shion TOTALLY wants up in Kosmos' USB ports so it's like jesus christ can you not do this anymore.

Grub from Septerra Core had a goofy voice. I don't know if I'd call him annoying but he's like 20 and he sounds like Doug, from Nickelodeon's Doug. I can imagine walking up to him and then Rodger's cat hisses and claws at Runner and then Runner kills it and Rodger freaks way out and Grub just laughs while stroking his spikey hair.

Fatty McTubbykins from Lunar was sort of annoying but I'll throw him in the boat. With Pokey.

Oh, recently that Paladin you get in BG2 is getting on my nerves though I think it's just the voice set they gave him. Aerie's voice is also annoying :|
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 07:53:16 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunderthumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2009, 07:43:37 PM »

Oh yes, Shion.  Man, I hated her as much as I hated Rinoa.  Probably more since I forgot about her and to be forgotten is worse than being remembered, right?  Although Allen was a wuss until he grew a pair in the 11th hour, he's still way too good for Shion.  

Most little kid characters are pretty annoying.  Shion's downfall was that she was a grown-ass woman acting like a petulant 6 year-old the whole time.  I'll take Chelinka (FF:CC Ring of Fates) over Shion any day, and that's saying something since Chelinka's an annoying brat.  Yuri's not so bad. 

EDIT: For her voice alone, gotta mention Precis in Star Ocean 2 (Playstation version.)  I don't know how her voice sounds in the PSP remake.  But annoying as she is, she's actually one of the better melee characters.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 07:50:38 PM by Dincrest » Logged

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2009, 07:48:14 PM »

Gau was an amazing character once you got to know how to use him.  On your first trip to the Veldt, make sure he gets Blackcat, Marshall, and Hazer and you don't have to even try until you get to the floating continent.
Jet16

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2009, 07:51:16 PM »

Those two kids from Infinite Undiscovery. Dear god did I fucking loathe them.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2009, 07:57:38 PM »

Gau really reminds me of Gasho from Tong Nou for some reason. Cyan kind of annoyed me more. Man can you imagine Cyan being voiced by Scribe Shanky from Musashi in a remake? That'd rock so hard.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2009, 08:22:52 PM »

Everyone from Chrono Cross.

Top of the list goes to wicker doll thing, Aunt Jemimah, and cod piece fisherboy.

MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2009, 10:03:42 PM »

Pretty much anyone from any Square game ever, really.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2009, 10:27:46 PM »

It will be a cold day in hell when some character more annoying in an rpg than Chu Chu runs along.  So many things wrong with it that it's just plain evil.

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2009, 10:31:15 PM »

The kids in IU by far...and Sarah in SO4...
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2009, 10:35:43 PM »

*wonders why everyone hates on Rinoa so much. She was totally the type of girl I wanted to date, looks wise anyway...I don't really recall much about her personality)

I don't remember if you ever HAD to use Quina, but if you did, then that is my answer. Dear god, what was that THING?!

I hated Kid from Chrono Cross simply because of her name. Who the hell comes up with these things?!
(Obviously, I'm STILL full of hatred)

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2009, 10:47:10 PM »

Cait Sith.= BOGUS

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky