Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 22, 2014, 08:32:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341243 Posts in 13945 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Most Annoying Playable Character
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Print
Author Topic: Most Annoying Playable Character  (Read 21370 times)
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: August 05, 2009, 02:48:14 PM »

He didn't hate his brother, he wanted him to face up to reality and become a strong person rather than run away from his disability.

If you'll notice, all the characters are happier in the ending sequence then they ever were in Ivalice.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 05, 2009, 08:43:46 PM »

I do remember a lot of people getting annoyed with Teddie in Persona 4 regarding his un-bear-able puns and jokes.

But I found him alright though.
It came and went with me. Sometimes he really was unbearable (especially as support) but I really adored him in some scenes, especially if they involved Nanako.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: August 05, 2009, 10:58:13 PM »

I thought Teddie was going to be really grating, but I ended up finding him hilarious.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: August 06, 2009, 01:18:22 AM »

Well, I don't like half of FFXII's playable characters. Specifically the half that doesn't include Balthier, Fran and Basch.

Tidus and Rikku from FFX never really grew on me. Roger from SO3 was crazy annoying and Fayt was pretty unlikable as well, but he pales in comparison to Vayne from Mana Khemia, whom I nominate as worst main character. All he did was just stand around and wait for someone to tell him what to do and didn't seem to do much outside of stare shyly at his feet and mumble something innocuous.

Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: August 08, 2009, 09:56:42 PM »

Teddie is one of those characters people either adore or abhor.  I found him rather annoying, but I can see why people would like him.  Considering his past (or lack thereof) his behavior and development is quite believable. 

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: August 09, 2009, 07:06:32 AM »

I just mentioned Devil Survivor in the best story thread but I also have to put Midori here because she is definitely one of those characters that just piss me off.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Draak

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: August 09, 2009, 07:50:24 AM »

I used to have a high tolerance to annoying characters, but it seems to be decreasing as the years pass by.

Teddie was ok, he got a ton of development near the end of the game and I didn't mind his lame jokes. Can't say the same for Rise and Yosuke... both annoy me so much. Pop idol and horny boy? Uhh, no thanks.

Tidus. Besides the fact he looks like a child on sugar high, there was the whole HAHAHAHA scene. I've never facepalmed so much while playing a game (worst, I quit playing soon after).

Anise (Tales of the Abyss) was mildly annoying too, since I'm not too fond of the "children acting as an adult" thing.

/rant
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: August 09, 2009, 10:47:49 AM »

Oh yeah Anise, I got annoyed with her after my annoyance with Luke. I wanted to kill her.

Code:
She was revealed as a spy thus possibly leading to Ion's death and for being a bitch and having a temporal self-loathing personality

For some reason, I wanted to stab Sarah of Suikoden 3 so much for no reason despite that she doesn't talk that much. She looked annoying. :P

I also remember people getting annoyed with Yukari of Persona 3. She seemed so normal and goody-goody... I don't know what's wrong with her.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 11:03:44 AM by Hoshino_Kid » Logged

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: August 09, 2009, 11:12:56 AM »

Anise (Tales of the Abyss) was mildly annoying too, since I'm not too fond of the "children acting as an adult" thing.

Which is why I liked Genis more. With Anise (I called her Arietta elsewhere. Whoops aren' I a queen of boners) had some childlike tendencies, they were really overdone because, surprise surprise, that was her acting, and I guess they wanted it apparent that that really WASN'T her real personality (and that in reality she's just sort of a bastard). And so the entire thing just ping-ponged back and forth between overdone and incredibly non-believable.

Genis, on the other hand, acted like a more mature 10 year old -- with valid reasons for it, sort of -- but never really seemed to old, mostly from his nåïvèté, the sort of relationship he had with Mithos (yiffyiffyiff), and his tendencies to spontaneously run off and start playing with things and people and cats and cat people (and then he turned into a furry (yiffyiffyiff)).

Also what the fuck did that little subquest imply that Katz were some sort of race of Grim Reapers?

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: August 09, 2009, 11:20:15 AM »

Oh God I remember Arietta. I wanted to kill that fucking bitch too.
Code:
I was so happy she died. I enjoyed beating her up and killing her in the end

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

erwos

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: August 10, 2009, 11:00:57 AM »

Every single playable character in Blue Dragon annoyed the hell out of me. Buxom-pirate-girl was maybe the least annoying, but she was still HIGHLY annoying in general.

Bear-form Teddie in P4 was pretty reasonable. Human-form Teddie in P4 was awful.

Buxom-healer-woman in Infinite Undiscovery also made me cringe every time she opened her mouth.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: August 10, 2009, 04:40:57 PM »

Guy from TotA. OH NO A WOMAN THEM THINGS IS MADE OF LIVE KILLER SHARKS.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: August 10, 2009, 06:07:43 PM »

do you ever wonder what the characters you like and dont like says about you? i think on this sometimes and notice a correlaltion in my own real life relationships.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
bigdeath

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: August 10, 2009, 11:37:32 PM »

do you ever wonder what the characters you like and dont like says about you? i think on this sometimes and notice a correlaltion in my own real life relationships.

You hear video game characters talking about you behind your back like your real life "friends/family"? Oh boy...  :P
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: August 11, 2009, 08:50:15 AM »

You hear video game characters talking about you behind your back like your real life "friends/family"? Oh boy...  :P
That's what I thought she meant at first, too. Then I read it again and realized she's just asking how the characters we like/don't like mirror our real world relationships. Like if a person really has a thing for 3' tall furries with 4 arms, 6 eyes, and a penchant for chili cheese Fritos. What does that say about them?

Or you already knew that, and was just messing with her.

Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: Mistbron#3: Hero of Ages
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: