Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 03:14:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335242 Posts in 13726 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Most Annoying Playable Character
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Print
Author Topic: Most Annoying Playable Character  (Read 21250 times)
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2009, 10:48:57 PM »

Estelle from Tales of Vesperia. I hate that bitch. Part of it is her personality, the other part is the fact that her AI in the game is challenged.

Tidus from FFX. Must I explain?

SO4's cast in the first 5 or so hours. That's all I've played of it so far. If it wan't for the combat system, I wouldn't have lasted two hours (that's what she said.)

Yeah, that's all that's popping in my head at the moment.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2009, 11:17:00 PM »

I hated Kid from Chrono Cross simply because of her name. Who the hell comes up with these things?!

The main character in Dhalgren was named The Kid, The Kidd, and Kidd at various points throughout the book. That was like 1974*.

Then again I name RPG characters stuff like Hezekiah (DQ5), Zekariaha (DQ7), and Aloysius (QfG) so what do I know !!

* Despite being based on 1984, Bowie's Diamond Dogs has a LOT of stuff that looks referential to Dhalgren, even though that would've been impossible. Actually Diamond Dogs has more in common with Dhalgren than 1984, which is REALLY weird.

References to stuff like catching ones death in the fog and gardens kind of describes bellona.

"Family badge of sapphire and cracked emerald" sounds like a mix of Denny's cracked light projector and the chains everyone's wearing.

Also the red eyes keep coming up in Dhalgren too.

Not to mention the entirety of Sweet Thing.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2009, 11:21:01 PM »

The entire cast of Sword of Mana (namely for being in Sword of Mana but also because they either had to have the power of friendship or be the badguys). Also because they were butt fugly as hell.

Also every female character that blindly threw herself at the main character regardless of how much of a total failure at life he was.

Also anybody who needs a goddamn plot coupon just to stay up at night.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2009, 11:39:36 PM »

I hated Kid from Chrono Cross simply because of her name. Who the hell comes up with these things?!
(Obviously, I'm STILL full of hatred)

I'll second this.
For the importance the character has; her looks are everything but flattering (like a Japanese Pippi Longstocking), and her speech is all but REMOTELY ladylike.

I kinda wanna punch Eternal Sonata's Polka every time. Maybe because her name reminds me of my accordian playing past, or maybe because she mopes all the time, or maybe because she's using an umbella to kill things in some made-for-anime-farm-girl outfit.

And lastly, technically playable or not, Mieu from Tales of the Abyss.  I like this game, so I wanna play it a lot. And when blue-thing pops in with a migrane-inducing voice and a ten word vocabulary, I wanna hack it out of the game.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2009, 11:53:35 PM »

Luke from Tales of they Abyss at the first half (or 1/3) of the game.

I really wanted to kill that ass for being very very very very very whiny.

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

Dizzy

死ぬがよい

awe.of.she.1@gmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2009, 12:26:15 AM »

Shion Uzuki. Never before has any character annoyed me more than she has. FFFFFF

ChevalierEagle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2009, 12:34:25 AM »

Xenogears has such an awesome cast of characters that someone like Chu Chu can be easily forgotten. But in Xenosaga Shion is the main damn character, i hated a lot of things in that game, but Shion is easily the worst thing from it.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2009, 01:40:25 AM »

For the importance the character has; her looks are everything but flattering

Heaven forbid that a female main character not exist solely for the sake of being eye candy ! :T

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2009, 01:50:53 AM »

Pretty much everyone from FFVIII. I agree that Chu Chu was forgettable in how annoying she was. Also agree with Shion, and a lot of Chrono Cross characters but a lot were underdeveloped anyway.

Cloud Strife.. part douche, part clueless.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2009, 01:52:30 AM »

Kid was a great character -because- she wasn't some pretty dress-up dollie like 99% of the rest of RPG heroines.  Of course, I also like tomboy characters in general, so take that as you will.

I can't say that Chu-chu was annoying because she saved my ass far too many times.  Chu-chu was the only reason I cleared the final areas of the game.

I'm going to have to chime in and say that I hated the kids in Infinite Undiscovery too, which is a really strong statement given that I generally like child characters.  Although, I hate that game pretty thoroughly even without them, so whatever.

I'd also like to make a shout-out for Kenji from Suikoden 3.  He's the only Suikoden character I can think of that I actively loathe.  I wanted him to die more than I wanted any of the villains in the series to die.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2009, 03:05:33 AM »

Shirley from Tales of Legendia.

Ugly cow.

Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2009, 03:11:08 AM »

And lastly, technically playable or not, Mieu from Tales of the Abyss.  I like this game, so I wanna play it a lot. And when blue-thing pops in with a migrane-inducing voice and a ten word vocabulary, I wanna hack it out of the game.

If it's the voice that bothers you most, you could always turn off the voice acting.

Luke from Tales of they Abyss at the first half (or 1/3) of the game.

I really wanted to kill that ass for being very very very very very whiny.

You know what they call that kind of face in German? Backpfeifengesicht. The kind of face you just want to punch or slap.

Then he cuts his hair and becomes all cute and likable, inferiority complex aside.

Characters that annoy me:

-Half of the Golden Sun cast, because they talk too much. There are characters that are allowed to talk all the want, because everytime they open their mouth either something very useful or very funny comes out. Then there are characters that talk in such a boring and repetitive way you just want to tape their mouths shut so you can finally continue your quest

-Half of the Tales of Legendia cast, Shirley in particular. The stupid character designs ruined them for me. Shirley is just annoying.

Raziel

Megaten Fan

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2009, 04:09:05 AM »

Teddie. The fact that he has such an important role in all of it makes it even worse.

I actually dislike all the weird inflatable toys masquerading as characters, and don't like the stereotypical shy sex dolls androids either (except for Aegis, who ironically was more human than most JRPG characters).
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2009, 04:53:14 AM »

- the cast of Chrono Cross

- Cat Shit

- every sweet innocent, pathetic female lead princess (specifically bitches like Estell, that chick from Grandia III, Colette, just to name a few)

- Cat Shit

- Gau

- Cat Shit

- Most androids

- Cat Shit

- I'll second Shion as well.

- Cat Shit

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2009, 05:17:07 AM »

every sweet innocent, pathetic female lead princess (specifically bitches like Estell, that chick from Grandia III, Colette, just to name a few)
I gotta say, I prefer these types of characters to the stupid ass fuck tsunderes that are pervading every anime game now. Tsunderes piss me off, because fanboys think they're so great, but if they existed in real life I'd just sock them in the jaw or something.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: